Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: #3 Japanese Moleskine Exchange (full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both...By George, I think I've got it!
    Lovely work Wendy. I have to settle on a theme...I think I am leaning on "Positivity"
    Too broad? Meaning Birds, Flowers, Butterflies, Trees, Bees , in other words upbeat Nature. I hope this makes sense...BUT please...No nudes, no dark themes, witches, and not really into "cutesy". Thank you

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My theme will be about cats.... Are you surprised?
    Cats in Space-Time Continuum..... Meaning any cat in History, legends, fairy tales, dark tales... Could be Egyptian cat or Cheshire Cat, or Puss'n Boots.... Or any cat one could create... Cat on the moon.... Cat in a sink... Cat... ok ok... I think you've got the idea...
    My blog is at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/
    Make an ATC show!!! (Third part)See my blog at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/...dartistes.html

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neat theme!! The nature one is great too, Karen!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love that cat theme!! I did nothing but cat art for a mail-order co. for several years. I never thought I'd want to draw another cat for the rest of time...but I still love them!!
    Positivity is also a great theme. I put "tentative" by your name Karen because you seemed a little uncertain. Once you've decided for sure, I'll take that notation off.
    I can't wait to see what the rest of the moleyladies come up with!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaving in the a.m. for my mom-in-law's for Easter, returning Sunday night. I pm'd Wendy to man this thread while I'm away. I won't be near a computer. I hope she doesn't mind. Any questions? She's your moley expert.
    Thanks ladies and HAPPY EASTER! Don't eat too many PEEPS!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Easter to ya, Arteezmommy! And to all the girlz in that poooool! Like a (nice)guy said to me yesterday, there is NEVER too much chocolate eating.... hehehhehe.....
    Make an ATC show!!! (Third part)See my blog at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/...dartistes.html

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi everyone-
    i just got back from vacation and see we're off and running. let me think about my theme this weekend and i'll get back to you. i also need to order a japanese moleskin. does anyone have a good source for this? i've checked all my local stores and no one sells them.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the moleskin link and ordered 6! now i'm ready for more swaps!
    Last edited by knesi07; 04-11-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: double posted

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Easter greeting Merlin!! I had a wonderful time with my hubby's clan. They always have a huge spread so now I need to starve for a few days to catch up to my normal caloric intake.
    Glad to hear that you made it home from vacation knesi07! I hope it was a great time.
    You have a lot of swaps ahead of you! Or you could do some fun personal journals!!
    I'm anxious to hear the themes you all decide upon!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah a post-holiday diet must mean the food was good! Welcome back, Tanya!

I'm still rolling this one around in my head, but I was thinking of "Ships, Seas and Storms" for my theme. Ships of the wooden variety rather than the steel behemoths. hmmm.. let me roll it around a bit more.

Btw, would it be okay for me to request no cutesy (aka "Hello Kitty") or "Suzi-blu" type girls? Nothing against it, but not a big fan of the look. Whimsy is fine! I hope I'm not too confusing?!?
    I have moved and will be moving again soon, so please check with me before sending anything. Ty ;.)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, after thinking and considering a few different themes, i've decided on goddesses. not very original, i know, but after being in mexico and visiting pyramids w/talk of temples and worship of the sun i thought a book of this would be cool. so, think goddesses...mayan, aztec, egyptian, roman, greek...whatever inspires you. you can even create your own made up goddess if you'd like.
    i love mixed media, handrawn, handpainted...anything. i love color so go wild! have fun!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy everyone! Still thinking about my theme too ... keep hopping from one 'fantastic' idea to the other! But it's keeping me busy, it really is!

What a pity, KarenM and inkleaves, that you're not looking forward to have a 'cute' contribution to your moleskines. Ah ... I'm so into the cute whimsical girls lately, I really am ... not the Kitty or Suzi Blu types, but still! Ah ... really a pity ... hoped to fill all those molys with cute girls! Well, got to come up with different stuff then!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will make mine "Positivity". And Wendy , i love your sea themes, they would fit my theme. Lovely nature would fit...just wanted my moleskine to be free of dark themes, withches ,demons, skulls, goth , nudes,etc. and cutesy.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think I am too restrictive, I will bend on the cutesy a bit...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    ...just wanted my moleskine to be free of dark themes, withches ,demons, skulls, goth , nudes,etc. and cutesy.
    I happen to be on a skull/bones kick right now, but I promise not to use any in your moleskine!!
    I have moved and will be moving again soon, so please check with me before sending anything. Ty ;.)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your consideration. I know I sound picky and I guess I am, but I need uplifting images ....for myself. I Don't mean to be a downer.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahah no worries KarenM!!! I was trying to be funny... but it fell flat eh!!! I fully intend to stick to safe subjects for ALL of you gals' moleskines!!

I know we all appreciate and respect that each of us have different tastes and preferences
    Last edited by inkleaves; 04-13-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still working out my theme in my head, but it will be something to do with STORY. This could be something true (like that fab bird story in the moleskine group #1... by arteeztmom, I think?) or fairytale-ish, something made up from the world of imagination...

Let me ponder a bit more!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    inkleaves, that is one thing about the internet communication...no facial expression or voice inflection to work with LOL. I know I worry sometimes about how I come across !
    Ponder away Siena!! Think out loud, that's fun too...we are enjoying it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! It's OK to have some rectrictions in our Moleskines! And better tell them BEFORE beginning... hehehheeh...