Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: #3 Japanese Moleskine Exchange (full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inkleaves View Post
    I'm still rolling this one around in my head, but I was thinking of "Ships, Seas and Storms" for my theme. Ships of the wooden variety rather than the steel behemoths.

Btw, would it be okay for me to request no cutesy (aka "Hello Kitty") or "Suzi-blu" type girls? Nothing against it, but not a big fan of the look. Whimsy is fine! I hope I'm not too confusing?!?
    This is a fun concept. Storms sounds like a chance to get wild!
    As for the "cutesy" stuff, feel free to put dislikes on your moleskine format. You're the one who will end up with the book. That goes for everyone.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    Still working out my theme in my head, but it will be something to do with STORY. This could be something true (like that fab bird story in the moleskine group #1... by arteeztmom, I think?) or fairytale-ish, something made up from the world of imagination...

Let me ponder a bit more!
    Thanks for the plug from the other thread! LOL! I like stories. That's a great idea!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I didn't peek in here yesterday but I had a crazy day.
    I put your theme as "Goddesses" knesi07 and for you KarenM I took off the "tentative" notation. I'll try to stay on top of the rest of you as you ponder your themes. There are some very cool ideas rolling around.
    Inkleaves, I find bones interesting too! I love skeletons done in a fun way. I'm like KarenM in that I prefer positive vs. "Dark" themes. I'm a wimp, hate slasher films too.
    Question: Some of you don't want cutesy so shall I put that in the theme list as a reminder??

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tanya, and I came off the fence...I am Positive my theme is "Positivity"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    Thanks Tanya, and I came off the fence...I am Positive my theme is "Positivity"
    Ok, sounds great!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey moley ladies! I hope birdsongs and sunshine are waking you up out of hibernation**Blink, blink, squint, yawn, stretch** It sure feels good here, finally!!
    Helene asked me how I did the cover of my moleskine at the other thread so I'm addressing it here for those that might be curious.
    I sanded the area where I wanted to draw, then painted with gesso. I painted my design with acrylics and defined the lines with micron marker. Lastly, I sealed it with spray "matte" acrylic sealant. So far I'm the only person who decorated my cover, that I can tell. I was overcome with zeal I guess. Nobody should feel obligated to do anything to their cover at this exchange. It's strictly by individual choice.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOWwowWOW! That cover looks awesome. I am now completely and officially inspired to do something (hopefully) wonderful to my cover, too. If not before it starts its travels, then after. Getting MORE excited....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love it too! i'm all kinds of inspired, but still waiting for the arrival of my moleskins. i tracked it on fed ex and it says they are in colorado! still a day or two away

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    correction...my moleskins are now in nj. i should get them tomorrow! yay!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for all the good explanations, Tanya! This is sooooo cool of you! I will try to do somehting during the week-end!
    YeaHHHH!!!! for your moleskine, Knesi!
    My blog is at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/
    Make an ATC show!!! (Third part)See my blog at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/...dartistes.html

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about to order my moleskine. I just want to verify before I do... the only Japanese style one I found is pocket sized. Is that the right version? About 5 by 3 inches? I think I was picturing it bigger in my mind, but if this is the one, it's actually a relief!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Siena, that's exactly the one you need ... the pocket Japanese notebook (3.5" x 5.5"). Tanya added this link http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html at the end of her first post, you can find all the details there in case you still have some doubts. Ah ... but if I'm not mistaken, moleskine has got just one size of those Japanese books ... you can't go wrong!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Wendy!! It's going to be so CUTE at that size!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the cover Tanya, I keep formulating in my mind what I want my cover to look like. My there is so broad and I did that so noone would feel too confined with the subject matter. BUT the cover will probably come to me...I hope! I think I will sand it lightly as you suggested and gesso it so it will be ready! Now...think...think...think OH, sorry, just talking to myself

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    my MOLEYS came! my MOLEYS came! doing the happy dance! they are so cute, when i opened one up the pages came tumbling out and sprawled all over the studio floor! i was so excited...i can't wait to see it completed!
    thanks for letting me join your swap ladies!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so nice to hear the excitement! It really is fun. I got one in the mail today from the other exchange that Wendy and I are still part of! It's sooooo cool to be able to see the work of all the previous artists. I can see how this could become an addicting hobby. The final books will be real treasures!!!
    Thanks for helping to keep everyone informed Wendy! So far everyone is really getting in the spirit! I need to get my moley! You're right knesi, they are "cute." I've carried a regular bound one in my purse for the last couple years. Inspiration hits me at odd times and it really helps to have a teeny book to capture the ideas!!

HAVE FUN LADIES!! ANY THEMES BREWING?...WENDY, INKLEAVES AND SIENA?? (No pressure! We have time... )

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    good idea to carry one in your purse. i see things out in the world that are inspirational and i often wish i had a little notebook in my purse. do i ever put one in? NO! maybe a moley will migrate in there one day. haha

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Dates?

Hey ladies!
    I'm a born procrastinator, so um when exactly are we targeting to send off our moleys to the first person on our travel plan? I need a date to work towards otherwise I'll never be ready We don't really have "Summer holidays" here, cos it's Summer year-round (only one season, sigh), so if we say we have all summer to do up our own first pages.... well.... you see the problem!
    I have moved and will be moving again soon, so please check with me before sending anything. Ty ;.)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey inkleaves, that's a good point. As much as I fight it, I tend to be a procrastinator too. My problem is that my brain is constantly getting distracted by new project ideas so I end up with a bunch of things "started" and have to force myself to focus and follow through.
    I've been thinking of a date as well. Everyone can pitch in here with their thoughts but how does June 1st sound for a date to get our moley's to the first person on our travel list? Then from there you have a month to get each one done and sent on. I should be finishing up the other moley exchange by then so it should work out just right for me.
    How do you all feel about that? I want everyone to have fun but I do have to keep the ball rolling.
    inkleaves, have you decided on ships and storms for a theme or have you come up with something else??

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This date is ok for me.
    My blog is at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/
    Make an ATC show!!! (Third part)See my blog at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/...dartistes.html