HOW TO: Host An ATC Swap

Yes. Round robin is not governed as closely by the system here. You can start a thread on the One on One trades here. I just caught that same RR bug, and plan to post my own thread here soon for that as well. My best suggestion is organize things in advance. You will have to keep track of the members and where the cards are at. Post your expectations early on the thread, as in how long that each member can keep the cards (2 weeks seems a good number here). Also make sure that the players are all in good standing. Do a search of recent posts they have made, and how often they are available to join in the fun here. If you have any questions about this, then you can always PM a mod to clarify where a member stands...if that info is not available to you, then they should know/be able to advise on things. Don't panic the newbies, though. They should be able to join in as long as they seem ready and are not over committed to projects here. I guess what I am trying to say is put some trust into players that may not have a lot of things posted yet, but also have not proven to be a flake kind of member. RR are so much fun! I can't wait to get my first set of cards back in my hot little hands!!!

Thanks SATTT, as a newbie myself, I've been thrilled with everyones friendliness and willingness to help an untried trader. I think limiting it to 4 sets for the first one, in line with the newbie 12 player rule, will probably make more sense. Once I have that under my belt, I can rethink the numbers. :)

I was scheduled to host JUNE's PAT and MID-AUG's PAT (on the OS)
Does that schedule carry over to our new site??
Sue

I am hosting my first ATC(Bkgds. swap) swap here at AFA.
I would like to hold a bkgd inchie swap also. up to 12 players to send 3 sets of 6 inchie bkgds. (roughly the same size as an ATC) There are other members here that can vouche for me as a hostess as I have hosted swaps they were in elsewhere---Kynara, for one and I can list others.

Would you please allow me to do this?
thanks in advance,
Sue

I was scheduled to host JUNE's PAT and MID-AUG's PAT (on the OS)
Does that schedule carry over to our new site??
Sue
Sue, one of the requiements to Host a PAT is that you have sucessfully completed 3 regular swaps. (Cards have been mailed out and received by participants.)
Once you have completed 3 regular swaps , you can then host a PAT, as your membership time and iTrader meet the requirements. :)

Sue, one of the requiements to Host a PAT is that you have sucessfully completed 3 regular swaps. (Cards have been mailed out and received by participants.)
Once you have completed 3 regular swaps , you can then host a PAT, as your membership time and iTrader meet the requirements. :)

oh, Avie signed me up as a host in January for June and Mid-Aug. I guess she was thinking I'd have fulfilled those obligations by then, or she was trusting me. My iTRADER was already well past the requirement-- even then.

Stormarela told me that round robins or JAMS do not fall under the same rules as regular swaps...that i can host one of those at any time. Is that true? or did that rule change also?

Would it be okay to request non-usa participants in a swap to send postage from their own country? I family who collect stamps and I could also use that postage when swapping with friends who live in different countries. Just checking for the future.

I hosted my first swap (3/3, 12 players) and the returns have been received. Does that mean there are no restrictions on what I can host now? 4/4 or more than 12 players? Just checking to be sure before I put in the swap I want to do :D

I'm confused by the last 2 posts. I was told I had to do 3 swaps with the 12 players before I can do a bigger swap. Is that wrong? Now that I have finished my first swap can I host a full size one?

I think it was a new rule that came out after I posted that question -- i believe the way it goes is:

1st swap, 12 people 3/3
2nd swap up to 20
3rd swap up to 30

Back
Top Bottom