HOW TO: Host An ATC Swap

I just finished my first swap and have heard from all but one of my participants that they received their cards. I sent that person a PM but have still not heard anything; I guess it is possible that they are on a really long vacation. My question is: how long does the thread stay on the list after it is over and what are my responsiblities?

After a week or two, go ahead and click the REPORT button and ask the Moderators to move it to the Archive forum. Some folks just don't "get it" - that it is good manners to let the Host know the cards were received and the other players that they got their cards in the swap.

I have just completed and mailed out my first swap. Is there a time period I must wait or may I go ahead and announce my next swap?

You have to have all the returns received before hosting your next one. If a host was allowed to host several at a time when they were new and then ran off with all the cards after telling the players they were received, that wouldn't be a good thing, hence the rules.

Good question!

So if I am understanding you correctly, all players must acknowledge receipt before I may begin my next swap thread? So could be a couple of weeks waiting for the internationals.
(I'm not questioning the rule btw, just trying to make sure I have a proper understanding.).

Robby, once the swap returns have been mailed and players start to post to the swap thread that they have received their cards, you can open your 2nd or 3rd swap. :)

could be a couple of weeks waiting for the internationals.

No it was not...and it still isn't, but I noticed people who requested after me were listed..I wasn't sure if I should ask to be added again..or just move on..???

That happened to me the very first time I asked to join a swap... and it was completely an oversight on the host's part. It's easy to miss someone, so don't feel sad. Basically no one gets turned down here for joining a swap (there would have to be an excellent reason).

Two questions. First, once you send in your contact info to a board member, do you have to wait for confirmation, or can you just go ahead and post your swap? Second, would I count myself as one of the 12 players of my first swap, or would it be 12 + me?

Thanks!

Swaps go into moderation when they are posted. It wouldn't be approved until the Moderator you sent you info to has added it to the Host File.
No, you don't have to count yourself among the players, it's 12 + the Host. :)

Is the hostess responsible for making sure that participants get their address for sending out cards? When someone signs up for my swaps I send them my address ASAP. I had a hostess tell me that I was supposed to PM her as she doesn't always check the thread and was just wondering.

that's a good question. people do it different ways but i would assume a host should check their threads in case someone requests via the thread. humm.... i usually wait for people to ask for mine (helps to keep track of new to me players and mailing :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom