HOW TO: Host An ATC Swap

I've been on hiatus for a while and want to get back into hosting. I didn't see my specific questions directly addressed in this or the FAQ so I just wanted to get some clarification.

1) "All hosts...have a positive iTrader rating of +15. " I see that I need to be an active member again for three months before I host, however, I'm not sure how the iTrader ratings will apply. I obviously have this from the past but do I need to accumulate 15 more?

2) "First Time Hosts are limited to 12 players and a 3 for 3 card swap...New hosts are limited to one swap at a time until they've completed 3 successful swaps." Will I need to follow the guidelines for a new host once the initial requirement(s) have been met or will my past hosting apply?

Blueskysunburn, the iTrader that you have accumulated counts, they don't expire.

2. Since you have already fulfilled that requirement, you are considered a full fledged host. :)

Hi!

I've set my eyes on hosting a swap since last year, but my schedule wouldn't afford me to start hosting a swap.

I've been away and now I'm back again. I've complied with the +15 itrader points (reading that the points doesn't expire). Though I'm not sure as I've been away. I need to be active for 3 months again. I'd like to know and also about having a swap buddy.

I'm interested in holding a digital atc swap but only for a small group of 12 swap participants or even less for me to start. Looking into around 6 digital swap participants. I've computed costs. Is it ok to ask for $5 to cover for postage and fees for remittance thru paypal as I'm from the Philippines and SASE wouldn't work for me in sending from the Philippines to any part of the world. Paypal remittance will be the only way for me. I wouldn't advice concealed dollar bills with atcs in an envelope.

Please let me know.

I'm also interested in hosting a 2nd generation. It's my very 1st. I was able to join my 1st 2nd generation previously at the time I stopped trading and swapping. And it was fun. I'd like to do the same. So far, I've been collecting and compiling my digital atcs in a mini atc album (now counting to 85 atcs). Looking and pushing to reach 90 atcs to send around the world on a journey for a 2nd generation. I just need 5 more to add to my 85 atc count already set-aside. =)

Please let me know, if it's possible for me and how. I could go first with the 2nd generation and host swaps 1 at a time only. I don't think I'd be able to do 2 to 3 simulataneous digital atc hosting, but it does sounds exciting. =)

Hi kbhernandez, activity level is tracked by your posts to the forums.
To see your posts you can go to your Profile page and click Find all posts by kbhernandez
Your last post was on 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM, your returning post was today, as long as you remain actively posting any where on the Site for the next 3 months, you will be eligible to host a swap on October 22, 2014.
You can find the guidelines here:
Swap Hosting FAQ
As a first time host you are limited to 12 players with a 3:3 exchange.

Most hosts base their mail out cost on what it costs them to mail out to the country of the player.
We do allow hosts to request payment through PayPal. If some some sends you money as a friend, you do not have to pay a fee, neither does the sender.
This might also limit members from playing in your swap, as many do not use/like PayPal.

Any member in good standing can open a second generation trade in the ATC Trades forum.
But keep in mind that the larger the package, the more expensive it is to mail between players. And they do get lost sometimes..

Hi kbhernandez, activity level is tracked by your posts to the forums.
To see your posts you can go to your Profile page and click Find all posts by kbhernandez
Your last post was on 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM, your returning post was today, as long as you remain actively posting any where on the Site for the next 3 months, you will be eligible to host a swap on October 22, 2014.
You can find the guidelines here:
Swap Hosting FAQ
As a first time host you are limited to 12 players with a 3:3 exchange.

Most hosts base their mail out cost on what it costs them to mail out to the country of the player.
We do allow hosts to request payment through PayPal. If some some sends you money as a friend, you do not have to pay a fee, neither does the sender.
This might also limit members from playing in your swap, as many do not use/like PayPal.

Any member in good standing can open a second generation trade in the ATC Trades forum.
But keep in mind that the larger the package, the more expensive it is to mail between players. And they do get lost sometimes..

Thank you, Carole! I'll be preparing to host the 2nd generation. My design softwares are temporarily down as of the moment. It's been 2 weeks. Waiting for my computer to be rid of viruses. And will be completing the 90 atcs needed. :wubclub:

Oops, I hit enter on my swap before completing the description. Can a moderator help me rescue it please?

Last edited:
Hi Carole,

I too have been gone and came back....I hosted three swaps it looks like before...first was 12, second 20, third was 30 participants it looks like...I've been back since the august 1...how long do I have to be on and active before I host again....and is that for anything...like chunkies for example....Thanks.

Rina, if you keep actively posting anywhere on the forum, you will be eligible to host again on November 1, 2014.
Since you have already completed your first three probationary swaps, you do have full hosting privileges. :)

Checking a members posts is the easiest way to see if they have been active on Site, nightowl_too. It would be great if potential hosts would post once a week any where on the forum, but a couple of times a month will do. :)

Hi, everyone!

I've started hosting a 2nd generation, but hadn't yet thought or remember how would the mechanics be on giving itrader rating and rock points for a 2nd generation swap.

Would it be reasonable to give itrader rating to the host and also to the participants whose cards are taken by a participant in the 2nd generation?

Or best to have itrader rating for the host and the previous participant from which the mail came from. Rock points for the participants whose cards are taken or claimed by the other participants?

since the host only touched the package when she first got it, I would think that the person who has the package only leaves iTrader for the person who sent it to them...

I don't know that I wouldn't do the rep points... are people only supposed to put in cards that they've made? or cards that are in their collection (made by others) that they no longer want...

Hi kbhernandez, these type of exchanges are also called PARs (Pass A Round).

There is a section in the How Should I Use iTrader? FAQs, that explains how to leave iTrader for these types of exchanges:
- PAR (Pass A Round) - Players leave iTrader for the person who mailed to them. The Host will be entitled to leave a negative iTrader for any player who doesn't pass the PAR on in the allotted time frame.
:)

Hi! I'm excited!! I've posted my very 1st Digital ATC Swap under Open ATC Swaps. I'll wait for my ATC Swap to post. I've fulfilled the 3-month requirement upon my return to the forum a number of months ago. ;)

I'm ready and raring to host! :D

Hi Carole,

Just want to double check that I'm now good to go as far as hosting a swap again...any type and no limit? also...I don't think my old host buddies are still here...so I need to give my info to someone for contact info of me...should I just ask for another host buddy I believe I saw that thread...Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom