ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 2898/100%
Litha/Summer Solstice - Due June 15, 2012

Swap Due Date: June 15
Signup/Withdraw Date: June 15
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited

RETURNS MAILED 6/19

This Swap is about the Summer Solstice, or the Pagan Festival of Midsummer, also known as Litha, and sometimes called St Swithun's Day. It is the longest day of the year, and marks the beginning of summer.
It is often associated with Solstice Bonfires and fireworks.
In some parts of the world, it heralds the rainly season, so is associated with rainstorms, and water.
Midsummer is a magical time of year, a time to harvest next year's supply of herbs (which are believed to be fully potent with miraculous healing powers on this Special Day)
It is a time to create magical wands.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* Any theme, any medium. This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope. Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area and be nice and thin and only pay the normal postage.

* Cards are due to me by June 15, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be traded with other late cards, or returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

* Here is some additional information on the Summer Solstice

Wheel of the Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_the_year

Summer Solstice - Midsummer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer

SCOTTISH FEILL-SHEATHAIN, or MIDSUMMER, "SWITHIN'S EVE"
http://www.brenna.co.uk/Seasons.html

Magical Wands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wand

Current Participants

*1. beyondshay - it - Cards Received 6/09
*2. Jaceslave - it - Cards Received 5/24
*3. HiddenTreasure2010 - it - Cards Received 6/18 * CANADA
*/. the girl with starry eyes - WITHDREW
*/. Phoenix - WITHDREW
*4. papersaga - it - Cards Received 5/18
5. DenaCottrell -it - Cards Received 6/14
*6. HeatherLeeArt - it - Cards Received 5/26
*7. lea67000 - it - Cards Received 6/01 * FRANCE
*8. Jiliyan - Cards Received 5/01
*9. Vicki Z - Cards Received 5/13

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited by Vicki Z; 07-06-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Add players
Old 04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of artVicki Z eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
It has been an early spring, so summer will soon be upon us.
Better sign up, and get your cards done early before it gets too hot to create.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Sooooo Ready To Make Art Again!

My Mood:
beyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobahbeyondshay is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 246/100%
I would like to join this sizzling summer swap please?!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome beyondshay.
I have singed you up.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
ATC Novice

Jaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoastJaceslave is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 235/100%
I would like to play in the summer fun to
Old 04-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome Jaceslave.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:36 AM
ATC Superhero

HiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forumsHiddenTreasure2010 clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 802/100%
I would love to join. Always fun!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
the_girl_with_starry_eyes is a friendly and kind soulthe_girl_with_starry_eyes is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 13/100%
yay! this sounds like a great theme! sign me up please?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome HiddenTreasure2010 and the girl with starry eyes.
I have signed you both up.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Art is your fate, don't debate.

My Mood:
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 253/100%
Me, please!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome Phoenix.
I have signed you up.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:35 PM
crafty crone

papersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them allpapersaga is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 417/100%
Sign me up~PLEASE...)O(...!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome papersaga.
I have signed you up.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 AM

DenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 49/100%
Please sign me up for this swap. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Welcome DenaCottrell.
I have signed you up.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Addicted to ATCs

In spite of all the complaints of Global Warming, it is still cold, and we had a FREEZE overnight.
I am glad I didn't put my garden in yet!
I will be VERY glad when summer gets here!!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
the_girl_with_starry_eyes is a friendly and kind soulthe_girl_with_starry_eyes is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 13/100%
I know right! I got all my swim suits and shorts and skirts out for the summer, and then last week had to dig out all my long sleeves, boots, heavy socks, and jeans! Ughhh can you imagine all that hard work to organize my closet, gone to waste? And my cats are so confused--they're wondering why it hailed last week! :O
Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Were any of you were watching the gorgeous moon we have been having - a Supermoon.
This moon is the brightest, and closest, in over a year.

It was overcast here, but we had sheet lightning, with zero thunder, and the turbulent atmosphere kep me awake most of the night, so I made ATCs.

I am very proud of what came out of last night!

How about you?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM

DenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fameDenaCottrell is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 49/100%
It was really beautiful here. Very bright. I was up all night too but not able to be creative. It was nice to watch as it made its way across the sky every time I got up.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Addicted to ATCs

Glad you got to enjoy her beauty
It will be a year before we get another such awesome opportunity.