ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 12-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Be happy!

My Mood:
smallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 629/100%
Smile 52 Weeks APC Album 2017

Hi everyone!

I came across the idea of creating a one card a week APC album on an Italian Blog called Simply Stella's Sketchbook. The artist created one APC per week to document a whole year: 52 Weeks mini album

Each week, the front of the card is decorated with mementos, symbols, or photos from the week and the back is used as a space for journaling. There are 52 cards in a deck and the 2 jokers are made into the covers. I am planning to do this for myself for 2017.

Would you like to join me? I can post optional weekly prompts and we can share photos of our cards in this thread!

Optional Weekly Prompts: I will post the latest at the top and leave the rest below. Feel free to be inspired by any of the prompts.
Oct 22-28-Pumpkins!
Oct 15-21- Fall Migrations
October 8-14-Giving Thanks (Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday) and You've Got Mail (World Post Day is Oct 9)
Oct 1-7-Autumn Leaves
September 24-30-Maritime (World Rivers Day Sept 24, Sea Otter Awareness Week, and World Maritime Day Sept 28)
September 17-23-Welcome Autumn!
September 10-16-Harvest Time
September 3-9-Back to School!
August 27-September 2-Learn something new! (Technique, recipe, information, idea, etc)
August 20-26-Get Outside! Watch the Eclipse, go on a hike, etc
August 13-19-Lazy Summer Days
August 6-12-Stamp it up! (use rubber stamps, handmade stamps, or the stamps from trades you receive this week on your cards)
July 30-Aug 5-I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice cream
July 23-29-Christmas in July or Dream Vacation
July 16-22-delicious summer treats
July 9-15-Hit the beach
July 2-8-Patriotic Celebrations (July 1-Canada Day, July 4-Independence Day, July 14-Bastille Day)
June 25-July1-Welcome Summer and Happy Canada Day!
June 18-24-Great Men in Our Lives
June 11- 17 - the Ocean
June 4-10-Butterflies and Bees
May 28-June 3-How does your garden grow?
May 21-27 is Biodiversity, as World Biological Diversity Day is May 22 and World Turtle Day is May 23.
May 14-20-Great Women in our lives
May 7-13-International Migratory Bird Week
April 30-May 6-Star Wars (May the Fourth Be With You)
April 23-29-Eggs and Nests
April 16-22-Rebirth and Renewal (Easter, Earth Day, spring)
April 9-15-April Showers
April 2-8- a quote from this week
March 26-April 1- Joke of the week, funny moments, things that make you laugh, April Fools
March 19-25-Celebrate Spring!!!
March 12-19-Green...St Patick's Day is on the 17th, enviro theme, green thumb...
March 5-11-Girl Power (the 8th is International Women's Day)
Feb 26-March 4-The Silver Screen (fav movies, Oscars, actors, etc)
Feb 19-25- One Month To Spring!!
Feb 12-18-Love and Romance (V-Day Feb 14); Sweet Music (Grammys Feb 12)
Feb 5-11-Hope or/and Victory
Jan 29-Feb 4-Winter Critters, in honour of Groundhog Day
Jan 22-28-Roosters, in celebration of the Chinese New Year of the Rooster
Jan 15-21-Weekly treat or special indulgence (favorite chocolate, binging a show, flower, etc)
Jan 8-14: Small Achievements (what were you proud of this week, how are you progressing with your goals and resolutions, etc)
Jan 1-7: Resolutions and Goals; Word of the Year (choose a word that you would like to guide your year ie. Adventure, perseverance, transition, achieve, etc)

Last edited by smallgirl; Yesterday at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:45 PM
ATC Guru

prex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 590/100%
Cool idea! I might attempt this
Old 12-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Duck Pond is OPEN

My Mood:
Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 2246/100%
what a great idea Smallgirl.... and I clicked on the link you have and wow... does get the mind thinking... I will check back here real soon and see if what happens...
Old 12-23-2016, 12:56 AM
Be happy!

My Mood:
smallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
Welcome to both of you! It looks so cool and I can't wait to start!
Old 12-23-2016, 09:38 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 427/100%
This sounds like so much fun! It's such a small piece of art that 1 a week isn't daunting. I wanted to do a 2017 journal but I didn't think I could commit. This I can do! I'm so excited to get started.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Be happy!

My Mood:
Welcome, Jennifer! I am excited too!!
Old 12-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 953/100%
I love this idea. I will try and play and post. Might be hard for the month of Feb. as we will be in Mesa, AZ Maybe I can do r rough draft and finish when I get home.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Be happy!

My Mood:
Originally Posted by dsign49 View Post
I love this idea. I will try and play and post. Might be hard for the month of Feb. as we will be in Mesa, AZ Maybe I can do r rough draft and finish when I get home.
Welcome ! I am so excited to see what you make! Idea for AZ, you could just bring the cards you need for those weeks and some glue and just make simple cards or like you said, do rough ones first
Old 12-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Duck Pond is OPEN

My Mood:
Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!Just Ducky didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 2246/100%
my first question... will be starting with Aces ??? and using all of one suit at a time ??
like... ace of hearts and then 2,3,4 ??? and then move on to a different suit of cards ??

I know I am showing my excitement... can ya tell
Old 12-23-2016, 10:26 PM
Be happy!

My Mood:
I was going to start with Aces, but anyone can start with whatever they want. I thought it would make sense to go from aces in January up to Kings in December. What do you guys think?
Old 12-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of artdsign49 eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
You do sound excited Just Ducky. I suppose you have your duck of cards ready too.
I could do that smallgirl. I always have to be doing something.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:48 AM
ATC Virtuoso

DeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them allDeniseMDupree is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 388/100%
This is so cool! I'm in. I'll be taking a break from swaps in the beginning of 2017, so this will give me a perfect way to keep my creativity going
Old 12-24-2016, 02:11 AM
Be happy!

My Mood:
Welcome Denise!

I like that the format is small! I always find that small things are more do-able! I will probably make my covers from the joker cards in the next few days...
Old 12-24-2016, 07:20 AM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 268/100%
This is a great idea smallgirl! I would like to join, please. I've never done an "art-a-long" if that's the right word for this. I loved the tabs for each of the 4 seasons.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Be happy!

My Mood:
Welcome, BlueSkyHare!

Yes, I think we could call this an art-a-long!

The tabs are really cute for the seasons! People could also do them per month if they wanted. I have these cute little animal shaped page markers that I thought might be fun to use.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:05 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 427/100%
Im trying to decide if I want to create a template for the back of each card for journaling or if I want to write along the edges. What are you guys planning on doing?
Old 12-24-2016, 04:18 PM

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)
Jennifer, I'd probably decide how to handle the backs depending on the cards. If I use a deck of Bicycles, I might cover the backs, but if I use a more "decorative" deck, I might write around the edges. I have a deck that I bought on sale last Christmas with a tumbling blocks pattern which I might leave as-is.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
I think I will put a verse on the pack of each card. Make each suit a different color like Hearts blue
diamonds green
spades yellow
clubs orange.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:49 AM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
This is very tempting

Very tempting indeed....
Old 12-26-2016, 08:49 AM

My Mood:
order

Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
I was going to start with Aces, but anyone can start with whatever they want. I thought it would make sense to go from aces in January up to Kings in December. What do you guys think?
I was thinking that I'd start with diamonds for spring, then go to hearts for summer, clubs for fall and spades for winter. I like my aces high.
I'm ready to start!!

Tags
apc, journal pages