Due date: April 10
Withdraw date: just let me know before the due date
Number of cards: 3:3 or 6:6, if more than 7 players
Number of players: 20
Media: open, with a real Black culture or heritage postage stamp (see details below)
For this swap, you will need to dig through your postage stamp stash for stamps featuring Black culture/cultural practices, arts and dance, history and heritage, holidays, events, people, political figures, national heroes, entertainers, athletes, etc.
Stamps from all over the world can be included. some countries produce more than others. African nations, Caribbean nations, and the USA have the best variety. Your stamp does not have to say "black heritage" on it. Each year, Canada Post issues a black heritage stamp. This year it is Mathieu De Costa, the first named person of African heritage to reach Canada.
Check out the gallery from last year: Black Heritage and Culture Postage Stamps 2016
1. Each card should feature at least one real Black heritage/culture postage stamp
, what you do with the rest of the card is your choice...mixed media, extending the scene, adding quotes or found poetry all could be fun!
2. Keep cards relatively flat, fibres should be fine, but thick or metal embellishments will be stuck in postal machines
3. All cards should be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges
4. Include your username, real name, and location on the back of your cards
5. Please submit only cards that you would love to receive in return!
Rules, Mailing, Swapping Out:
1. I will be swapping apparent effort for apparent effort cards
2. PM me for my address when ready to mail
3. No cards/communication by swap due date will result in NEUTRAL iTrader
4. Host cards are loved and treasured but never required to play.
Canadian players: 1 “P” ($0.85) stamp for 3 cards, 2 "P" stamps for 6 cards
US players: $1 USD for 3 cards, $2 USD for 6 cards
International players: I will cover postage for the first three international players. Other international players please send $2 USD.
6. Send a large self-addressed label or self-addressed business sized envelope for your returns
**If you send Canadian stamps, be sure that they have not been used (ie. No stamps that missed cancellation on another envie.)
7. Mail in Canada can take a long time. Allow 10-14 days outside of Canada, 5-7 within Canada
Who wants to play?!
1. Ancient Planter-arrived!
5. Patty R-arrived!
6. Miloccepep-free international postage-arrived!
7. Vicki Z-arrived!