ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-14-2017, 03:40 AM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 2312/100%
I am another one that doesn't put a whole lot on the starter as I want the next two artists to have some room to move but like CQ5 said; do what you think is best/fair. Some artists like to be the second artist & then some like being the third artist best; it just depends on who gets them (randomly that is) Just my 2 cents=)
Now Hosting FINISH IT UP #5 due 8/14
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES ORANGE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 9/6
Now Hosting ANIMAL PLAY YZ AND FAVORITE due 9/5
Now Hosting OH, ORIGAMI! due 9/19
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES PURPLE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 10/5
Old 08-14-2017, 06:28 AM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 217/100%
Thank you CQ and ferretgirl for the advice. I did read the rules, but now I know that adding just one item to the background is enough, and desirable.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Chronic paper-cut sufferer

My Mood:
Allegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 1427/100%
Homers!

Comics (Spinnbabul, Jennifer, me)
Seahorses (Jennifer, CastleQueen5, me)
Be Your Own Hero (Maryfreeman0622, Jennifer, me)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Superheroes.jpg (42.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Seahorses.jpg (58.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Be Your Own Hero.jpg (35.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 1225/100%
This does sound fun. And of course, you could always just stick two kinds of paper to card stock rather than use double sided paper, which would solve that problem.

I'm definitely going to play with "twinsets" sometime soon,
I think

Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post

So the players had to make the starter set using double sided paper.
And you made 2 sets the same, but sent each set to 2 different players. The persons you sent them to, decided which side of the paper to decorate. They also had to stick on your address labels on what was the backside. Since the back was not determined yet, the addresses were not attached.

So the experiment was to see which side was chosen by the 2 players and how differently the 2 sets came back to you.

The only down side I saw was that the paper was paper, and not as thick as card stock. or chip board.

It was fun. The cards came out great.
"Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it." - Tallulah Bankhead
Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!katelnorth is beyond words!
Originally Posted by BluSkyHare View Post
I was wondering exactly how much to "do'" on starter cards--just a nice background, or a nice background with something added? I know that I will see when I get my first cards in the mail, but still have a big learning curve here.
Others have said this, too, but it really varies a lot. We are pretty flexible and can adapt to almost any level of starter. A general rule of thumb would be that the simpler you start with, the more people are likely to add to it - and also, the simpler the starter, the less likely you are to be able to predict what direction it will go in!

Here's a selection of starters which I've made fairly recently, just for interest...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0117squares.jpg (25.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 0817africa.jpg (31.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0616vintage.jpg (31.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 0817bitchy.jpg (33.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 0517dream.jpg (24.2 KB, 12 views)
"Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it." - Tallulah Bankhead
Old 08-14-2017, 07:25 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
...and here's a few more. So you can see, there's quite a variety!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0616envelope.jpg (51.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0717parrots.jpg (29.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0817anatomy.jpg (46.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 0817bird.jpg (48.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0817dragonfly.jpg (41.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-14-2017, 12:20 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is a friendly and kind soulChronicReader is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 16/100%
Hey I recently mailed you the completed dream set! Cool to see what it looked like before I got it.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 57/100%
Originally Posted by BluSkyHare View Post
Paradox, love these! Quick question; are these starters?
I was wondering exactly how much to "do'" on starter cards--just a nice background, or a nice background with something added? I know that I will see when I get my first cards in the mail, but still have a big learning curve here.
I think these lovely peeps already got this answered!

You can really do anything you want to as it is 3 artists working on a small area. With this set that I completed the bowling ball and pins were not glued down when they arrived - I have seen this done before. So you can technically just make things separatly and not even glue anything down at all. Just send in bits along with empty cards and leave it to Player 2 to decide what they shall do with the works.
I think this works if you really want something on there that usually happens in step 2 or the last step but as Artist 1 you might not get a chance to add something so by sending those pieces unglued you are giving everyone a hint on wanting those things added at some point.

Starter does not exactly mean you are always working on a background and passing it on - do not let that stop you! Be creative....

Reminds me that I want to start a set this way now. I'll be making some inchies and 0.5"x0.5" sized painted things for a set... I need to get to work on these asap before I forget the theme.
Animal Paper Dolls Swap | 🐼 Buddy Card Trading 🐼 | 🐼 Buddy Cards-a-thon 🐼 August 17-24 | DeviantART | Instagram | Chunky Page Wishlist *Getting medical treatment - my memory might hiccup so please poke me.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ChronicReader View Post
Sending mail to BlueSkyHare, ParadoxSketchbook, sweetgypsy, and katelnorth.
*Waiting eagerly*
Animal Paper Dolls Swap | 🐼 Buddy Card Trading 🐼 | 🐼 Buddy Cards-a-thon 🐼 August 17-24 | DeviantART | Instagram | Chunky Page Wishlist *Getting medical treatment - my memory might hiccup so please poke me.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Okay everyone! I am sending out "CRRR 08 - Bee Sets" to:
mrubyjean
CastleQueen5
katelnorth
ferretgirl
xstitcher

I tried the double set thing here so there are 2 sets in blue and 2 in yellow. I made another different colored set as well that I am mailing and the other half of it waiting here for ChronicReader most likely

Would ChronicReader want a bee set as well? That would be the last set.

This should cover me for some time so that I can prepare for the Buddy Card a-thon.
BluSkyHare - you should check out the marathon as our goal there is to make starter sets only (2 matching cards) in HD/HP and Mixed Media. We would do the trading after the marathon on the official thread (found in my signature).
Old 08-14-2017, 04:27 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is a friendly and kind soulChronicReader is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 16/100%
I would love a been set!
Old 08-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!

My Mood:
xstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2025/100%
Update sent to everyone!!!
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 2312/100%
That is another thing, BlueSkyHare, not all the starters need to look exactly alike, either.

Great starters, katel!!
Now Hosting FINISH IT UP #5 due 8/14
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES ORANGE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 9/6
Now Hosting ANIMAL PLAY YZ AND FAVORITE due 9/5
Now Hosting OH, ORIGAMI! due 9/19
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES PURPLE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 10/5
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Make Some Art and Feel Better!

Silky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 285/100%
Homer & 3rd to Allegrae, homer & 3rd to Kate North, homer to Ancient Planter and KentuckyDakota.
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Crazy Hermit Crab Lady 💜

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2472/100%
I WANT TO WORK ON A BEE SET
Old Today, 01:46 AM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1722/100%
Originally Posted by BekaH View Post
I WANT TO WORK ON A BEE SET
Beka, I will make sure I send you the bees when I am done. you can be our 3rd.
Old Today, 08:01 AM
Crazy Hermit Crab Lady 💜

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2472/100%
Ok thanks!
Old Today, 08:42 AM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 217/100%
WOW--jackpot in the mail yesterday! Received starters from katelnorth and ChronicReader, and player 3 cards via ChronicReader too!
Mailed starters to Gumbek Monday morning.
Old Today, 10:00 AM
Make Some Art and Feel Better!

Silky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to allSilky1150 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 285/100%
I am in dire need of seashell cancelled postage stamps. Anyone willing to share?
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!

My Mood:
xstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2025/100%
I will look through the cancelled stamps I have saved and see if I have any. If I do you are welcome to them. Heck if you want all the stamps I have you can have them!!