ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 AM
Living in interesting times...

My Mood:
Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 233/100%
Aaaaw Nanner, you know I loves you I am participating in a mini book necklace swap and the return postage for that was my upper limit. And the little books are not heavy. I am thinking that one day when I am less busy at home I can start hosting swaps. I might just try and get a papermache painted rock swap together, they would be a lot lighter than real rocks
Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 572/100%
I just couldn't find any rocks! Not any that I'm allowed to nab anyways. Just as well though...I had to be a grown up and take care of the home life biz.

NightOwl, your niece does some mighty fine work!

Nan Glam, Guinness chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting
A Mynah Production blog
Old 03-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Papermache rocks...interesting!
A Mynah Production blog
Old 03-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Blog Alert! We have fresh posts from...

Suitable For Framing & Post #2
A Mynah Production blog
Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Hello Addicts! Since we're talking about rocks, faux rocks and shell painting, I thought I'd share some more examples...Enjoy!

Say's it's from Etsy...but there isn't a link.

From Crafty Morning

From The Jealous Curator

A Mynah Production blog
Old 03-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
I've got some plants to buy and yard work to do today. How about ya'll? What are you doing today?
A Mynah Production blog
Old 03-19-2017, 12:50 PM
I've never met a color I didn't like.

My Mood:
Rosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 97/100%
I really like the black and grey painted rocks. I like when the natural color and texture of the rock is the background. Gives it a sort of natural integrity.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)

My Mood:
LindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 380/100%
I love the shares today! I tried a rock mandala yesterday & let's just say the result was less than stunning. Practice, practice, practice. That seems to be the winning formula for everything.

It's quite foggy & cold right now but the sun is working its way through. I plan to move plants today. When we moved here 2+ years ago there were a lot of plants but it's taken me 2 seasons to see what's here & what's planted in the wrong places for water & light needs. So the time has come to put these babies in a better place for their needs. Today it will be moving day for a couple of climbing roses, a canna lily, crocosmia bulbs & (maybe) a couple of upright fuschia plants. I'm tired just thinking about it.

We Will Rise Above This !
Old 03-19-2017, 01:26 PM

My Mood:
Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!
That sounds like a full day LindyLu, good luck with all the planting. Let me know how the transplanted roses keep doing...

I went and sat in a coffeeshop today, managed to put colour to a piece I had done the linework for in September. I also painted the background plain black. Maybe later today I might get around to also painting on some shimmery and glittery accents to make an otherwise slightly disturbing picture pleasing to behold... I also reworked the background for another previous piece ( now plain black as well). Both pictures are part of a girls head series that I started with my avatar volcano lady.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Don't mess with my tutu.

nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1068/100%
Originally Posted by LindyLu View Post
I love the shares today! I tried a rock mandala yesterday & let's just say the result was less than stunning. Practice, practice, practice. That seems to be the winning formula for everything.
There are many fabulous mandala tutorials on Pinterest. That's where I first tried my hand at it, with good success.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:01 PM

My Mood:
LindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
Nanner, Yes, there are many, many tutes for painting rocks & tomorrow I plan to explore some of them. I think I'll be plenty sore tomorrow from all the plant moving today so I have a good excuse to veg in front of the computer

Gem, your idea of making paper-clay rocks is a good one. I may give that a try, too, someday.

Mel, next time you come to WA stop by my place & I'll load you up with rocks. We have a ton ( literally) of them. They have been used in all of the plant beds & my hubs has been removing them for 2 years! I have a great pile of washed river rocks to use any way I want to. YAY!

Old 03-19-2017, 02:41 PM
I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.

jazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 319/100%
Originally Posted by Gemininorn View Post
maybe on some jacaranda seedpods they sold for decorations at the supermarket,
Last weekend Laffqueen, LCArtist and I were picking up Jacaranda seedpods in Little Italy. Laffqueen was going to try to grow them - in Connecticut... and LCArtist said she uses them in crafts for her kids. The street where my PO Box is, is lined with them - I'll keep a lookout for them if you want more Gem.

ART Diego! 2018 see Live Trading under Forums tab
Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM

My Mood:
That would be awesome Jazzie, I will give you a shout. For now I think I have about 20 or so half seedpods at my disposal Oh the possibilities are endless...
Old 03-19-2017, 04:52 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
Originally Posted by jazzie View Post
Laffqueen was going to try to grow them - in Connecticut...
Is she going to try growing them in pots and bring them in during winter? I don't think they survive much in the way of cold.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:56 PM

My Mood:
I had a few minutes to spare and decided to root out my started pack of Das air dry clay. I have to admit I hate that stuff due to its chronic resistance to shaping, but my lads decided last year that I really really wanted it for my birthday... well, now that I have it I might as well use it.
As rocks are generally blessed with a rough -ish surface this stuff might be ideal for faking rocks with, here are the still unspectacular looking first two specimens. Got to wait a couple of days now for them to dry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-19-2017, 05:31 PM
I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.

jazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forumsjazzie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 319/100%
Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
Is she going to try growing them in pots and bring them in during winter? I don't think they survive much in the way of cold.

Not sure. Maybe a greenhouse.
I know they're tropical, but didn't want to snuff out her dream.

ART Diego! 2018 see Live Trading under Forums tab
Old 03-19-2017, 06:59 PM

My Mood:
Gem, that is such a cool idea & once they're arted up who would know...until they picked one up. I love this idea..you are such a clever gal

Old 03-19-2017, 10:41 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
boy they sure look like rocks from here. I wonder how they will take paint.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 AM

My Mood:
Nightowl they are a little thirsty, and they will dry white. I am going to give them a grey mottled undercoat and then start with the dot mandala technique. I will also have a look in my paper shredder for material to make paper clay out of. I have to do some research as to what kitchen ingredients I can use to prevent the stuff going mouldy before it is dry, but soaked shredded paper with warm water -shaken not stirred- makes an awesomely smooth paper pulp.

Will you share a picture about your rock trials with us Trina ?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
I had to look up Jacaranda pods! I don't think I've ever seen those in person. Gem, your faux rocks look pretty real. Let us know how the mandala work goes. That goes for everyone trying that out.

Linda, I will be back up again this summer, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to play. The hubby is retiring from the Coast Guard. I'll be up there to pack up our two SUV's with some of the stuff that needs to come back home with us. It might take some time for us to get back to a regular routine, but eventually we'll be up there more times a year than before. My parents are getting too old to make the drive down to us anymore. Also, because the hubby knows how to drive in the snow (unlike me) he'll drive us up there. We're hoping to stay here another two years, to let our youngest graduate. Then, move up to Washington closer to my parents.

...and gee, so much yard work for you too! I worked several hours in the yard yesterday. Some of the time I had help from my youngest. Thank goodness cause I was fading fast! Today is much of the same. I bought a new plant...and my gal pal gave me sever free cuttings. Mostly Yucca plants which I love. They are super easy to grow! So those go in today.
A Mynah Production blog

Last edited by kwailin777; 03-20-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Closed Thread