ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 06-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
DocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 160/100%
Familiar with Eeboo Scratch Paper? (FREE STUFF)

If you don't know, here's what I'm talking about: https://www.shak-shuka.com/7738-thic...-paper-set.jpg

Essentially, it's a thin black coating over the top of a pattern - in this case a holographic foil. You can use anything with a fine metal edge to remove the black coating that reveals the foil below. Here's one of my early attempts: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...-Vader_ATC.jpg

It's kind of challenging because the coating is a little delicate and the tool you use can't be too sharp OR too dull. But - in careful hands - can make some unique art.

I've not seen anyone (except me) play with scratch paper on AFA. Until now...

The first link is what I recently purchased, a 20-pack of Eeboo paper with 5 different holographic color patterns in Silver, Gold, Green, Red, and Blue. I spent an hour cutting down the sheets into six ATC-size canvases per page. Those who just did the math know I now have a HUGE pile of these awesome cards to share with YOU!

Since I have been blessed by my Fairy Artmothers (and an astounding RAK last year), I would like to gift some of these cards to anyone interested in trying out a new media.

Please leave a comment here if you are interested; I'll hook up the first SIX people with ALL FIVE patterns to play with. Unfortunately, I have to limit it to AFA members in the United States due to postage constraints.

Last edited by DocGriffon; 06-19-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: update info
Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Heavily caffinated for the safety of others

My Mood:
Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1400/100%
I would like to claim a sample please

I haven't used scratch paper since High School. My hubby keeps trying to get me to buy some but I never know which kind to get. lol

thanks for the offer!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:01 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 42/100%
Ooooh those look cool! I would like sample please to try working with them.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:48 AM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
DocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to all
You got it!

2 down, 4 to go...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Drowning in projects

My Mood:
akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!akamarti is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 511/100%
I'd love to play!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
You're in, Marti! Please PM me your mailing info.

We're at the halfway point! 3 gifties left!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
So if you got this pack then did it come with the tool that you're suppose to use? Just trying to figure out what kind of tool I might need to work with them.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:12 AM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
Great question!
This pack came with a bamboo "tool". Essentially, it is a piece of bamboo with a dull point. I found it very difficult to work with so I went back to my old faithful, a clay modeling gouge.
There are a ton of different things you can use: Awl, bead crochet hook, tweezers, serger needle, Dremel carving bit, pointed metal nail file, letter opener, gutter nail (no joke), sewing reamer, eyeglasses screwdriver, paperclip, and even a toothpick.
The most important thing is finding a tool that is comfortable in your hand and easy to manipulate. I dropped the bamboo pencil because the point was too dull & bulky and I used too much pressure which caused the foil underneath to tear. The sculptor tool I'm using has a bit more edge to it and scratches off the black coating without a lot of pressure. Control is very important (cuz if ya mess up there's no fixing it). However, it is really easy to get in sync with the right tool.
Shall I include an additional practice card for everyone?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:47 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
Originally Posted by DocGriffon View Post
Great question!
This pack came with a bamboo "tool". Essentially, it is a piece of bamboo with a dull point. I found it very difficult to work with so I went back to my old faithful, a clay modeling gouge.
There are a ton of different things you can use: Awl, bead crochet hook, tweezers, serger needle, Dremel carving bit, pointed metal nail file, letter opener, gutter nail (no joke), sewing reamer, eyeglasses screwdriver, paperclip, and even a toothpick.
The most important thing is finding a tool that is comfortable in your hand and easy to manipulate. I dropped the bamboo pencil because the point was too dull & bulky and I used too much pressure which caused the foil underneath to tear. The sculptor tool I'm using has a bit more edge to it and scratches off the black coating without a lot of pressure. Control is very important (cuz if ya mess up there's no fixing it). However, it is really easy to get in sync with the right tool.
Shall I include an additional practice card for everyone?
Oh wow... so I should be careful about what I pick out then. Thank you for sharing that! And the practice card is optional! It would be appericiated if it was included though.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them allCiCiCreates is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 470/100%
Would love to be included. I have occasionally seen scratch card work on this site, and it looks so fascinating.
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 246/100%
Oh, I would love some! I'm running a little low on my stash right now. lol
Old Today, 12:59 AM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
You're all in!
Carol, please PM your addy to me.
One to go...