JAPANESE KIMONO ATC, Open Media, Due June 12

Happy to see you lurking there, mouseit! Hope you can join us soon!

Hi CynthiaSillitoe! Welcome to lurk. I did say no stickers (had to check because sometimes I do and sometimes I don't). But I will allow Washi tape, artfully used, there are such pretty designs and colors.

Great. I have a lot of gorgeous papers to use for the kimonos, but I thought some of the patterns would make nice obis. Actually, one thing I love about washi tape is that it looks like origami paper, but is cheaper.

"'Kosode' means 'small sleeve', and was the standard dress for women regardless of class. The 'furisode' has long, full sleeves, for it was once said that a woman could win the man she loved by waving (furi) her sleeve (sode) to attract his spirit. The furisode is a kimono worn only by unmarried women". - From "The Book of Kimono" by Norio Yamanaka.

Would love to have you play, Lucy, if and when you feel ready. Thanks for checking us out!

"Bright scarlet Japanese maple leaves were said to have powers of recovery. Mt. Takao and the Tatsuta River were two famous areas for excursions to view these beautiful red maple leaves, so often depicted in kimono art." - From"Kimono and the Colors of Japan" by Katsumi Yumisoka

I would love to play. I have my cards done, went with origami kimonos!
Will need your address too.

Welcome, BlancoLobo! Just signed you up, and sent you my address. Excited to see the origami kimono!

Great, electricdesigner, I will let you know when they arrive.

"In Japan, the color pink conveys the long awaited Spring. The sweet and tender shades of pink, from pale to bright, are also used in art to describe a woman's heart." - From "Kimono and the Colors of Japan" by Katsumi Yumioka

Just received a lovely and very creative set from Canadarosebud, thanks for the extra as well!

Mail Call (From England): Received a gorgeous set from electricdesigner, just mailed 7 days ago!

There is still plenty of time to join, if you are at all interested in this colorful and exotic swap, would love to have you!

Just for more inspiration, here is a quilted wall-hanging with kimono and obi appliques I designed a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom