ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1629/100%
2017 August Monthly ATC Contest - Theme: Mixed Media Peacocks

Theme: *MIXED MEDIA PEACOCKS*
Entry Window: August 1 to August 31 by Midnight Eastern Time.
Email entries to: contest.atcsforall@gmail.com

This month’s theme will be...
MIXED MEDIA PEACOCKS MIXED MEDIA

MIXED MEDIA ONLY- For this contest, Mixed Media is defined as: the use of two or more unalike media to create the contest ATC.

*Examples:

*Collaged paper, hand lettering, applied ribbon.
*Painted background, drawn, cut out and glued foreground images.
*Cross stitched image with applied buttons.
*Digital collage with hand drawn accents.
*Zentangle heart, cut out and glued on fancy background paper with embellishments.

These are examples only, you can choose which media to mix!

Using two related media (like pen/ink and watercolor, or watercolor and acrylic paints) ARE NOT ALLOWED. Really mix it up for this one!

SPECIAL RULE!!! You MUST tell me what media you are mixing at the time of your entry. So your email will look like this:

Username: GreatArtist101
Media Used: acrylic paint, applied cut out image, glitter.

All clear? Questions? Ask in thread before entering

PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!

I've got some FANTASTIC mixed media prize packages in the works. Cool stuff! Woot!

First Place - Nifty label by your name, showcase on the AFA home page, and a great bunch of art supplies.

Second place
- Show case on the AFA home page a special selection of art goodies!

Sponsoring Members Are Fabulous! Thank you for your donations!

To enter this month's contest, submit no more than one (1) ATC (SIZE MUST BE 2.5 x 3.5 inches, either portrait or landscape) entry in the selected theme to "contest.atcsforall@gmail.com" in standard jpg format (No less than 150 dpi please).

Submissions must be received by the date posted at the top under "Entry Window".

FOLLOW THESE RULES TO ENTER

0. Follow rules for MIXED MEDIA above and include the media used in your email entry.

1. Send your card as a jpg to contest.atcsforall@gmail.com

2. Include your AFA username with your entry. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Images should be at least 150 dpi. Should measure 2.5 x 3.5 inches, portrait or landscape. MAKE SURE YOUR CARD IS THE RIGHT SIZE!

4. NO watermarks or signatures on the front of the image as we are trying to keep all entries anonymous to better the contest experience. All members are welcome to participate. (*No participant can win more than one prize per year - the year will run from Jan 1 thru Dec 31. You are still welcome to play but once you win, your card is ineligible for voting till the next year.)

5. Do NOT post your entries in the gallery, Facebook, or on the web until after the contest ends (those posting prior to the end date will be disqualified from competition.) Once we have announced the winner of the contest feel free to upload it and claim your card!

6. Art MUST be your own original work.

7. You will receive a confirmation email when your entry is received. If you do not get an email you are NOT entered. If you have not received a confirmation after 48 hours, PM debs913. DO NOT RESEND YOUR ENTRY EMAIL if you don't hear from me right away. If I need you to resend, I will let you know.

8. To avoid possible disqualification for vote solicitation it is highly recommended that entrants refrain from posting about the contest while voting is running. And if you admire someone's work and think you recognize it, wait until voting ends to post public compliments!

9. A FREE TIP--The better your scan or photo of your artwork is the better it will look in the contest! Take the time to make sure it is lined up square, cropped, bright enough, and in focus.

Please send all questions about status of your card as a pm - All messages to the thread referring to a specific card will be deleted to keep within the rules of the contest to keep ALL cards anonymous.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 60/100%
Does it have to be an actual "peacock" or can it be like a peacock dress or even a lion that has peacock colors and feathers?
Animal Paper Dolls Swap | 🐼 Buddy Card Trading 🐼 | ✿ Buddy Cards-a-thon August 17-24 ✿ | DeviantART | Instagram | Chunky Page Wishlist *Getting medical treatment - my memory might hiccup so please poke me.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:05 AM

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
It has to be a peacock...the bird.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
needlewings is a friendly and kind soulneedlewings is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 4/100%
Peacock

OH, so a peacock is a peacock is a peacock, so no creative thinking outside of the box then.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:01 AM

My Mood:
For this contest, the challenge is to be creative with mixed media inside the box. That can be pretty creative too.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
ravenshadow is on the road to fameravenshadow is on the road to fameravenshadow is on the road to fameravenshadow is on the road to fameravenshadow is on the road to fameravenshadow is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 29/100%
can the mix media be acrylic and watercolor?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:34 AM

My Mood:
No. Both are water based media.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 PM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 218/100%
Originally Posted by debs913 View Post
No. Both are water based media.
Or maybe you mean--no, both are paints?
Like maybe--no to using oil pastels and pen as they are both drawing media?
Right?
Old 08-08-2017, 01:59 PM

My Mood:
From the rules
Using two related media (like pen/ink and watercolor, or watercolor and acrylic paints) ARE NOT ALLOWED. Really mix it up for this one!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:06 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 183/100%
This month's contest is a great challenge Debs!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:35 AM

My Mood:
Hi folks

This is the second of two "mixed media only" contests we are trying out this year, specifically to get more collage and mixed media artists involved in the contest. So far, not many entries. If you would like to see mixed media contests next year, this is the contest to enter