ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 06-13-2017, 02:51 AM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
And just to clarify due to a couple of PM inquiries... for this swap I am going by this definition...

"According to the Great Lakes Plein Air Painters Association, a “true plein air painting is always completed from beginning to end on site with the subject matter before the artist,”

Hope this helps clear up the questions
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 283/100%
I think it's great. I would feel too intimidated to paint in a group. Especially landscapes an the like.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Lost in space

My Mood:
Photopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 99/100%
I miss my college watercolor class days. We would go somewhere like a park, and sit and paint for hours, many times go back the next class time to finish up. I miss being around other creatives. It helps to talk about each others painting as you work.
I was at one of my watercolor classes when I found out 9/11 happened, so that painting is etched in my memory.

Have fun at your art week nightowl!

My Gift Store
Old 06-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Still dreaming...

My Mood:
sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)sarat is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 758/100%
Sounds like fun. Pleeze sign me up.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 AM

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
So happy to have you join us sarat!
Old 06-14-2017, 12:08 AM

My Mood:
We have another mail call!

ann_stebbing your beautiful garden art cards have arrived! That's a pretty sweet meditating frog you have in your garden And the stack of pots is pretty impressive also, with all the different angles of the pots.

Last edited by nightowl_too; 06-14-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:37 AM

My Mood:
Here is day two of my en plein air adventure. I did not participate in today's quick paint event. It was in the city's cathedral district. I wasn't that looking foreward to being in the city and painting buildings. I figured there was no chance that I would come anywheres close to wining a prize so if I wasn't going to enjoy the location I may as well skip it. So, I went down to the river to focus on doing a painting to submit for showing at the museum. I plant to participate in the remaining quick paints regardless of my skill because they are to be held in locations that are much more appealing to me. I still need to cut the top and probably some of the right side off with my paper cutter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4086.jpg (59.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Lost in space

My Mood:
Photopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobah
Okay, finally got on my computer to resize these images. Art en plein air!
I'll scan the cards later...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170606_131127.jpg (20.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20170608_141530.jpg (41.8 KB, 27 views)

My Gift Store
Old 06-14-2017, 10:47 PM

My Mood:
AWESOME Photopam! I love seeing the on site photos! Thanks for sharing those Looks like you've got a great set up and beautiful scenes to capture
Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 PM

My Mood:
It's day three of the local en plein air festival I'm participating in and here are some photos from today's "quick paint".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4266.jpg (44.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4091.jpg (41.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4283.jpg (49.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4286.jpg (51.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 PM

My Mood:
Not sure why my painting went sideways up there. I didn't paint it that way - LOL. There are a lot of things wrong with mine as far as the geography and the structure of the bridge and I am tempted to fix it up a bit. The cross braces on the far side are missing, and the bridge going left looks like it is over land not water. The time was up and I panicked and threw a bunch of green in that area. I do think I'm getting a bit better with getting more color variation and contrast in there. Not good, but better.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 PM

My Mood:
I see you used the same type of painters tape as I did Photopam. I finally got smart and taped my paper down to my board. I have never really done that before, but I've been having wind problems the last couple days so I decided to give it a try. Works great.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:04 PM

My Mood:
I do think I prefer painting the smaller size, like ATC size or postcard size. The larger paintings that I've done for the first time during the festival are a lot harder for me I think.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:38 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 283/100%
I bet it's interesting seeing such different paintings of the same subject.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Lost in space

My Mood:
Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
AWESOME Photopam! I love seeing the on site photos! Thanks for sharing those Looks like you've got a great set up and beautiful scenes to capture
Thanks nightowl!

I see you used the same type of painters tape as I did Photopam. I finally got smart and taped my paper down to my board. I have never really done that before, but I've been having wind problems the last couple days so I decided to give it a try. Works great.
I've always taped my paper down, because that's what we were taught to do in class.

I do think I prefer painting the smaller size, like ATC size or postcard size. The larger paintings that I've done for the first time during the festival are a lot harder for me I think.
I have the opposite problem you have. I am so use to larger work on site, to go small, and deciding what detail to add is a bit harder for me. I want to get out and do a couple more, buts it's hot, muggy, and buggy already. maybe I'll get up with the sun and paint a sunrise...

I wish I had more time to send in, because we are going to Wyoming in August, and I can't wait to paint en plein air there! Maybe I'll host a swap then?!

My Gift Store
Old 06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Daphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobahDaphne75 is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 232/100%
Lurking

~ Now Hosting Postage Stamp Weaving ATC Swap 2.0 Due Sept 1 ~
Old 06-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Newb

Robin59 is a valued memberRobin59 is a valued memberRobin59 is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 8/100%
I would like to join this swap please!
Been outside all day painting, I sure am glad there is no limit!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:45 PM

My Mood:
Hi Robin59, I'm happy to add you and welcome lurker Daphne75

I hope it's cooler where you are than where I am. The heat pretty much beat me up again today. I took advantage of the free admission the festival registration provided me and toured the local children's zoo and art museum today. I was going to try painting one of the penguins but it began to pour rain so I came home. Then later I painted a "dud" at the quick paint event. It was held at a nature preserve and I'm a nature kind of gal so I thought I'd do pretty well. Nope. It was literally a hot mess. Not even going to show it. Tomorrow is another day to try again.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Artsy Therapy

My Mood:
RhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 49/100%
I have my materials ready and my board taped but of course it's been raining here all week.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:27 PM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 339/100%
Giant score today at the local thrift shop. Brand new Arches 300 lb watercolor block (12 sheets - 9 x 12 size) for only $3! Woo hoo. I'll have to take this next week to the sunflower painting outing.

Great photos and plein air work everyone.

RhonaPaints, it's been raining there and sufferingly hot here (and it's going to get hotter - up to 110 they predict. I'll trade you the rain for the heat).

Tags
en plein air, outdoor, watercolor