Max.# of participants: 50
Media: HD / HP

Blind Drawing III

1_sciencewhore.jpg

1_Blind_5_AFA.jpg
1_Photo021.jpg

1_If_David_Bowie_were_an_alien.JPG
1_Scan_102070003.jpg

Samples by themuppet (top line), BigKay and rubyragdoll (middle line), and HotMamaRama and Cindyjob (bottom line)

This is my third time running this swap, so I can tell you with complete confidence that it is a) easy; b) liberating; c) fun; and d) hilarious. Even if you're not usually comfortable drawing, you should pretty much join right now.

To make your cards for this swap, simply close your eyes and draw a face. You can do this over and over and over, because each face takes oh . . . 30-60 seconds. Once you have several faces you like, finish them out into complete cards like the examples above, complete with backgrounds of some sort. It's as easy as that!

If you want to throw some mixed media in the background, go for it. If you want to go to Starbucks and draw real people without looking at your pencil or paper, go for it. If you want to have a glass of wine while making cards for this swap, go for it. Just please make sure that the cards you submit come from your best drawings and look like cards you would want to own forever. Personally, I have two giant displays of cards from these swaps in my house, and I love them eternally.

Rules of the Road

- All cards should be the standard size: 2.5” x 3.5”.
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- All cards must be original, and each card must be different. Please do not make copies, submit prints, or create three virtually identical cards.
- Please don’t use hard, bulky embellishments, which upset postal machines.

Mailing & Postage
- When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
- Make sure your name and user name (at a minimum) appear on the back of the card.
- US Participants, include a SASE, business size, with enough postage to cover the mailing of your cards.
- Internationals, you can send a self-addressed envie or a large label; I'll cover the postage.
- Please mail your cards early so they arrive on time.

Returns

- When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.

Playas
1. Me!
2. themuppet
3. cindyjob
4. son_in_aquarius
5. DenaCottrell
6. Phrixy
7. DADAology
8. Freakyross
9. shayNOLA
10. debs913
11. lazyshadows
12. Joss
13. 1 Art Lady
14. Russell
15. locatray
15. Mikesatc
16. a123andpoof
17. Natasha May
18. ReverieJJ
19. nuttynanner
20. artsylady
21. meredithu
22. mrs.alderman
23. garneteve
24. amyfaerie
25. Cat's Cradle
26. CynthiaSillitoe
27. miss
28. djl1050
29. 1orange
30. Picky Pie
31. Els
32. Evalila
33. MelanieS
34. playsdolls
35. Genxster
36. halla
37. jazzie
38. DeepDarkHana
39. pschafe1
40. BayBird
41. SunTrade
42. renren16
43. Boekwrm
44. Maineatc
45. therapeuticart
46. tjs
47. channelledcreations
48. theweavershand
49. the girl with starry eyes
50. Phoenix
51. catladybj
52. JavaZarf
53. maggiebloom

Waiting List:

4. sunshineshadow

Last edited:
I'll tell you right now that even when I watch myself drawing a face they are awful so I know my 'blind' drawings will be much worse, but this is such an intriguing idea to me I feel like I must try it. Please include me. Thanks.

Woooooo! Welcome, everyone! I'm so glad you're here!

muppet, I am all blushy-happy that you like this swap so much. I do, too! It's the thing that helped me stop freaking out and start enjoying the act of drawring.

DADAology, most people do scan the original face like muppet did in the sample at the top. It's not mandatory or anything, but it is fun to see how the cards evolve.

Back
Top Bottom