ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 278/100%
HandDrawn/HandPainted & Decorated Letter ATCs A, B & C - Due December 10th 2017

Swap Due Date – 10th December
Signup/withdraw date – 5th December
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
Media – Hand Drawn/Hand Painted– no embellishments please (but a little touch of glitter glue is acceptable).

I adore looking at old manuscripts and the illuminated letters and illustrations that they contain. I love the use of gold/silver and metallic paints too. Zentangled letters, and letters with dangles also ‘float my boat’. I like to use these decorated letters on, or with birthday cards so always keep a few in hand. So I thought I’d host, possibly a series, of swaps and maybe collect a whole alphabet of decorated letters. Make them simple or ornate, highly coloured, monochrome, or shades of grey. Illustrate with things starting with the letter (ie B illustrated with beautiful butterflies) or on their own. As long as the letter is the main focus of the card, let your muse move you. Spend a few minutes on google and you’ll be hooked, I promise!

The cards:
-Each card must be ATC size, exactly 2.5" x 3.5" and on a sturdy base (cardstock, bristol, heavy watercolor paper, chipboard), and sent in its own plastic sleeve.
- Send work into which you put time, imagination and care, and would be happy to receive! I will trade effort for effort so make them your best effort.
- Each card must be original, no copies please.
- Label all cards with at least your real name, AFA username, date, location and name of the swap. A host card is not required but will be a very treasured addition to my growing collection.

Postage/Mailing:
When taping the cards together, just a little washi tape works great to keep them in place when mailing (don’t use ordinary masking tape – it’s a nightmare and ruins the plastic sleeves). Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out. Some pictures of your efforts would be great inspiration for those still ‘lurking’.

US Players: please send a well concealed $1 in with your cards.
Other International Players: Please send $1 in your envelope if you have them. Failing that PM me for paypal details.
Include a large address label with your address neatly printed. I will provide envelopes.
Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards.

Make sure you allow your cards enough mailing time to get to me, late cards will be returned to the artist, unswapped, at their expense. Lack of communication and lack of ATCs will result in Neutral iTrader given. We all understand when life throws unexpected things at us, so please, please communicate.
Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave an iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from – It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too. This is optional, but a nice way to say thank you. We all need a little encouragement.

Please write your username and Swap Name on the back of your envelopes.
I will leave iTrader for each player as I receive their cards.

We love eye candy, so do post photos of your cards to the thread for us all to admire.

1. alrice46
2. Suzi
3. Jaxmom WITHDRAWN
4. BlueSky
5. mwilding
6. CiCiCreates
7. ChronicReader
8. Memedixon
9. LeeBeth
10. Donnacr

Last edited by ann_stebbing; Yesterday at 07:34 AM. Reason: add participant
Old 10-12-2017, 07:24 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
alrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to allalrice46 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 32/100%
This sounds like a lot of fun, sign me up !
Old 10-12-2017, 07:50 AM

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)
Eye candy anyone?

Welcome alrice46.

I thought some eye candy might encourage a few others to join in. There are lots of others in my gallery, pages 19 and 29, or thereabouts. Google has some fabulous images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_20170130_114246-2.jpg (22.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1_1485939656439-54093898.jpg (24.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1_1490612686480-1901462077.jpg (40.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 598/100%
Ann, I did my first illuminated letter for you in a PAT request and it was really fun! I need to lurk for now, but will probably want to sign up as I get more obligations completed.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Finding my artistic self

My Mood:
Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)Suzi is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 257/100%
I would like to sign up, please.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 PM
becoming addicted to ATCs

My Mood:
Rinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRinny is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 166/100%
lurking
Old 10-13-2017, 01:12 AM
New to ATC

LoveMonkey is a cherished participant
iTrader Rating: 7/100%
Lurking because I am really bad at HD/HP haha.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 AM

My Mood:
Welcome Suzi, and to those lurking. How about a bit of zentangling? There seem to be a lot of tutorials on drawing letters, then just decorate them. Here is one on 3D letters but there are lots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0GU9pu4HU

Or how about making the letter a silhouette and decorating the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big letter.jpg (82.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-13-2017, 04:33 AM
Rookie

Jaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 46/100%
I would love to join please
Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
I'm in! Yippee!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:27 PM

My Mood:
Welcome Jaxmom and Bluesky.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:49 PM
no art too small

mwilding is a friendly and kind soulmwilding is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 10/100%
this sounds wonderful! one A one B and one C right?
count me in!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:41 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 598/100%
I would love to collect a whole alphabet! Please sign me up.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:17 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 79/100%
i would like to play!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Newb

memedixon is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 1/100%
Count me in Please!
Old 10-15-2017, 10:48 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 79/100%
Spent some time making cards today while watching TV, so got these done already! They are posted in my gallery. Sorry the images are sideways, I forgot a step in saving them
Old 10-16-2017, 05:43 AM

My Mood:
Welcome to mwilding, CiCiCreates, Chronic Reader and Memedixon. Thank you for signing up.

That was quick ChronicReader. Are you going to add some colour? I have done an A for apple. I've drawn quite a plain A, and painted an apple behind it but can't decide whether to colour the A, or the background. I'll have another look at it today and post it if I finish it.

mwilding, you are correct, one of each. I'm already having nightmares about whether this sort of swap is harder to swap out, it's one more thing into the equation.

Last edited by ann_stebbing; 10-16-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Jaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 46/100%
I'm really sorry but I need to withdraw
Old 10-16-2017, 09:57 AM

My Mood:
OK Jaxmom, sorry to see you go. There's plenty of time and space if things change.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:20 AM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 338/100%
Ann, I'm going to give this a go since I've been working a bit more with the idea of illuminations and decorated letters. I can't commit at the moment so please add me as a possible on the lurking couch.