ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 129/100%
Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
Do my eyes deceive me or are these moo size (roofless moos but still...) album pages
BCW pro 20 pocket tobacco page 1 9/16x 2 3/4

Oooooh! Who knew? A regular moo would definitely fit into these, but a moo house will stick out the top (pocket dimension is 2.75 tall).

100 pages that hold 20 moos each?! Dat's a lotta moos!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!Miss Iowa is beyond words!
Thank you, KES!

It was fun and if there's enough interest, I'll think about doing it again. Perhaps in the fall?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 565/100%
Oh wow how awesome are those tobacco card sleeves? I'm planning on packing up my Moo's today for send out. I bought a We R Memory Keeper's Fuse tool some time ago. I'm hoping to use it to make custom sleeves. If I traded with you and you don't get custom holders...then you can bet the fuse tool didn't work out! LOL!

Last edited by kwailin777; 03-17-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 PM
We are all artists at heart.

My Mood:
jfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 191/100%
cool, kwailin! Let us know how it works. I wonder about how to cut them without cutting through all layers of plastic, I'm sure there's a trick to that.

I'm going to order some of those tobacco card album pages!

Seeking Faith Art RAKs for a friend with cancer.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 496/100%
I've been wondering how the fuse tool would work for making custom size album pages. Curious to hear how your first go at it turns out.
Now hosting MAY Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and APRIL Canvas Board Mail Art Trade
Old 03-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Hello Everyone! And Happy St. Patrick's Day! Did everyone wear green today? Or go to a parade?

The Czech community in our town celebrates St. Joseph's Day (March 19) this weekend with a parade. Instead of green we wear red.

I'm packaging up all of your moo houses and plan to mail them tomorrow. You can stalk your mail carriers starting Wednesday or so.

Last edited by Miss Iowa; 03-17-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Kwailin, I look forward to hearing how the fuse tool works. I know you've just been dying to find out ever since you bought it--oh so many moons ago.

Last edited by Miss Iowa; 03-17-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Artist in the Lucy Ricardo tradition

Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 567/100%
Being from New Orleans, I have wonderful memories of St. Joseph's Day. The Italian-American community host St. Joseph altars and the food - and SWEETS - are what we call slap-your-mama good! A close friend of mine would host one with her family; I persuaded her to give me the recipe for cuccidati (Italian fig cookies). The pic is of an altar in my old stomping ground, Gretna, La.

Come Christmas, I made the recipe as instructed. Five pounds of flour, yield: 100 six-inch cookies. I didn't want to make huge cookies, so mine were cookie-sized, maybe 2 inches or less. Delicate, lovely little frosted cookies with multicolored sprinkles. A big batch, of course.

It's a good thing the cookies were so absolutely delicious. After New Year's, I started finding homes for the leftovers. I gave boxes (and I mean shoeboxes) filled with them to to friends, to the teachers at school, to family members who weren't already trying to finish off THEIR box of cookies...I even gave cookies to my students! Somewhere around St. Joseph's Day that year, I finally said goodbye to the last cookie, lolol.

I will be eagerly watching for inchie or moo house thons (or inchie thons!). Just looking at all the art gets my heart beating faster!

Last edited by Jean; 03-18-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Wow, Jean! That is one outstanding altar! I had read that the Italians celebrate St. Joseph's Day, also, but in my hometown it's the Czechs.

And your cookie story is adorable. I would not have refused a shoebox full.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM
I've never met a color I didn't like.

My Mood:
Rosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 87/100%
What a full and lush altar, Jean! At first glance I thought it was Indian it was so full. Interesting to learn about this custom.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
I received my first mini houses in the mail today and they are absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you, Kelly / Notinkansas!

I wasn't expecting anything "good" in my mailbox today, so your envelope was an extra special surprise.

Off to leave iTrader!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Diligent Artist

Smidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 84/100%
I have never seen or heard of anything like this! We don't even celebrate St. Joseph Day here. This is so awesome! Wow!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Monopoly News!

Our paper today had a small article about the new tokens in Monopoly. I thought they were replacing just one, but they actually replaced three. Gone are the thimble, the wheelbarrow AND the boot (one of my favorites).

In their place are a penguin, rubber ducky, and T-Rex!

The new tokens will be in games released starting in August. The tokens then will be the Scottie dog, car, top hat, battleship, cat, and the three new ones.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:08 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 496/100%
kind of animal heavy now. I wonder about the top hat. Thought that one should go before the wheelbarrow. I do like the scottie dog so I'm glad they kept that one. Wonder why they couldn't just add tokens without taking any away.
Now hosting MAY Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and APRIL Canvas Board Mail Art Trade
Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
I'm sure some of these tokens were much more meaningful for the WWII generation, for example the battleship. I'm surprised it has survived. (And, FDR had a Scottie dog.)

As for the number of tokens: I assume the number corresponds to the number of players per game. If you give people 12 tokens, you know some will assume that 12 people can play the game -- but I don't think it works that way.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Okay...so I used the Fuse tool. It works and I was able to make custom sleeves out of full length page protectors. But...there is a but...I need more practice with it. I didn't get nice neat seams...I think it's just operator error.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
I had no idea about Saint Joseph's day...'tis kewl!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Thanks for the review on the fuse tool, Kwailin. Do you have a bunch of different-sized pockets you need to make?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Happy First Day of Spring, y'all! We're having a sunny, warm day here. The tulips and crocus are blooming, and it feels like spring.

Two quick reminders:

Please mail your trades by March 29. If you think you'll be later than that, be sure to communicate with your trading partners. We all know that "life happens," and are a pretty forgiving bunch.

Once you receive your mini houses, leave iTrader! (One iTrader per person/envelope, not per mini house).

Let me know if there is anything else I can do as hostess. I'll keep monitoring the thread until it appears that most everyone has received their trades, and then I will ask that it be closed.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
I bought the fuse tool to put my Envie trades in a binder. Usually I sew the into full protector pages
Closed Thread