Trash to Treasure #7 (T2T7)~Due July 21

Vote for the winner of the T2T7 challenge (4 or more trash items). Select 2 choices.

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 4 26.7%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow - great cards are being shown
boy i am waaaayyyy behind these people who have completed their cards.
i looked at the stuff in the envelope last night.
debated taking a "before" pic
but there wasnt enough empty space to lay them out
my son has commandeered half of the dining room table to paint
i have the other half of the table stacked with some my stash that i am trying to sort and organize
and now the weekend is nearly over
have to go get groceries and cook a meal
maybe tonight i will get further on the project

Shirley- you have described my situation exactly! Except that my son has commandeered half the dining room table for his computer (he's home from college for the summer) AND my daughter keeps swiping my art supplies.

I am in an art club and I'm saving the T2T cards to take there since there's lots of table space! I'll take a picture before starting. Hope you got some time to work on your projects!

Ok, I'm curious about an item: the "bulletin board pieces" - I thought a bulletin board was made of cork and you stuck notes in it. Am I wrong about that? Just wondering how these pieces of patterned thin card are bulletin board pieces... :) The rest of the stuff, I think I figured out!

Ok, I'm curious about an item: the "bulletin board pieces" - I thought a bulletin board was made of cork and you stuck notes in it. Am I wrong about that? Just wondering how these pieces of patterned thin card are bulletin board pieces... :) The rest of the stuff, I think I figured out!

I had the same question...

in a classroom the teacher can decorate her bulletin board.
the borders can be colors, numbers, designs, themes, seasons and so forth.
she can make them herself or there are some pre-made ones that are about 3 or 4 inches tall and different lengths, maybe a few feet or a yard. they are pinned or stapled all around the edges of the bulletin board - more or less they look like a frame.

example
View attachment 196261

This totally makes sense, thanks. We have boards here, too, but we don't call them bulletin boards, we call them display boards. So I guess I didn't really think about it that way. Most of our borders are just made of thin, plainly coloured paper, sometimes scalloped. I think because we can't afford card ones!

This totally makes sense, thanks. We have boards here, too, but we don't call them bulletin boards, we call them display boards. So I guess I didn't really think about it that way. Most of our borders are just made of thin, plainly coloured paper, sometimes scalloped. I think because we can't afford card ones!

Well, I don't even have a bulletin board. I bought the borders at the dollar store and used them to try to draw attention to the learning targets that I wrote on my self-made dry erase board (laminated white paper). I gave up on that effort pretty quickly, though.

So, I've already starting collecting things again that I think will be good for a T2T swap. I guess I'll be signing up for another round at some point in the future :unsure:

One my desk sounds like some of yours. I started joining magpie journal swaps. Then I just decided to just make some to keep. So everyone once in awhile I clear off my desk, and glue those scraps and leftover to pages in a journal or composition book.

Two , I also didnt know what to do with some of the stuff, which is why I started sending trash to others. And that Totally tacky swap I did. I had no idea what to make with those items.

Three, just yesterday I said, hmmmmm I could save these for the next trash to treasure.

Four. I feel stuck sometimes too, and think you are all more creative than myself, and wonder why didnt I think of that?

mine went postal on Monday. I marked more than 4 items on several cards.
adventure waits- airplane from calendar, metallic from Discover junk mail, cocktail umbrella half, tissue box circles, attendance record piece

coffee love- coffee cup recipes from coffee cup sleeve, Lindt candy wrapper sliver and green overlay, burgundy Mulberry paper punched in a heart shape, book page as background.

Numbers- stencil #, piece of attendance record, #8 from playing card, piece of plastic mesh, and some colored dimensional texture paste

flower- flowers from silk lei, washi tape, wallpaper piece

abstract-Tissue box circles, attendance record piece, plastic mesh piece, pieces of wallpaper border

abstract- puzzle pieces, pieces of microfiche with some abstract dimensional texture

Last edited:
My cards are finished and a picture is attached. Now I am have a conumdrum----trying to figure out what to call the trash I used. Aargh....will try and put that info on the back of each card but I'm not doing it for this attachment because it would make me go crazier than I already am.

Nice cards, NYJunkie! Like the way you used the puzzle piece to create a top border, and I see you used the washi tape that was on the outside of the envelope - I think that's my favourite card!

Great cards, NYJunkie and pouringdiva!
pouringdiva, your cards arrived today! I haven't taken a good look at them yet, but I wanted to let you know that they are here.

finally finished my circles yesterday and started on my the trash.
organized and took before photo first.
who knew the micro fiche is purple
i thought it was black, but it works for how i plan to use it.
i am trying to not look too hard at what other people have made - they have posted too many good cards.
feeling behind and intimidated.
i only have firm plans for two cards so far

Back
Top Bottom