Trash to Treasure 6 (Stashbuster) - due May 21, 2018

I can't get this stash/trash monkey off my back.
I have read and understand the requirements.
I am looking forward the inclusion of house shaped cards.
Interested in trying my hand at those.

Oh yes, I see that I have seen that before, but not sure I have seen to tell the host if you dont want shapes. I love shapes.
Cards may also be shaped – e.g. houses or dolls – as long as you fit within the ATC size guideline. If you do not wish to receive non-standard shapes in your returns, please state this when you sign up.

Java didnt you make me the church shaped card. Ok I mean I kept that one.

Hi Katelnorth. I've decided to stop lurking on this one and participate if you will have me. I've read the requirements and understand. I will be PMing you when I finish here. I had so much fun in CastleQueen5's swap that I decided it would be fun to do it again.

Awesome - I will get your envelope in the post to you today, on my way to a University of Birmingham Applicant Day with my daughter. There's bound to be a postbox somewhere between London and Birmingham, lol. And JavaZarf's envie, and electric designer. (Though if I post from Birmingham, that's the opposite direction from my house to where she lives, lol).

Hi Katelnorth. I've decided to stop lurking on this one and participate if you will have me. I've read the requirements and understand. I will be PMing you when I finish here. I had so much fun in CastleQueen5's swap that I decided it would be fun to do it again.

I doubt it. Whether it's really trashy - like yours, which was really creative in what we were challenged to use - or more stashy, like mine or JavaZarf's round 4, or whether it's something similar but different like ferretgirl's Finish it Up or Ann_Stebbing's Lucky Dip swap, there's something very appealing about being "forced" to use someone else's stuff to create. It's similar to why I enjoy the round robins so much - because it's not dependent just on yourself and your personal taste, it stretches you to think differently, even if maybe only a LITTLE differently than you would given your own inspiration and own stash. Plus also, it gives you a starting point, which we know can sometimes be pretty challenging!

Do you think we will ever tire of this idea?

I doubt it. Whether it's really trashy - like yours, which was really creative in what we were challenged to use - or more stashy, like mine or JavaZarf's round 4, or whether it's something similar but different like ferretgirl's Finish it Up or Ann_Stebbing's Lucky Dip swap, there's something very appealing about being "forced" to use someone else's stuff to create. It's similar to why I enjoy the round robins so much - because it's not dependent just on yourself and your personal taste, it stretches you to think differently, even if maybe only a LITTLE differently than you would given your own inspiration and own stash. Plus also, it gives you a starting point, which we know can sometimes be pretty challenging!

I agree - I like having a starting point and I like having to incorporate someone else's stuff.

Now i remember - I did make a church card. Duh.
Last night I rememberd I made wonky houses once (2013).
I looked up that swap to see if there was a template. No template.
It was actually mail art size, but I think I can make them work for atc size.

I have been living my artsy life in this trash to treasure mode for many years. I feel great to get others hooked on trash. Look at all the new addicts ! The first envelope is free, but once you are addicted, Then we got you !

Back
Top Bottom