ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 641/100%
Razzie really is a sweet kitty, her curiosity just gets the better of her sometimes....I doubt she realized that knocking over Mr. Inukshuk was going to lop off his head! Thanks Nanner for the glue tip, I was gonna get some of that for the magnet swap anyways.

Gem, pottery wheels are fun! But my eyes are wacky now....
Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 PM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 339/100%
I am wiped out from teaching mosaics this week. Not wiped out from the kids. Wiped out from the person who continually micromanaged the classes and who probably should have just taught the classes alone. Really, I mean, if you want something specific, then tell the instructor. I have a week off before I return to teach another week of mashup classes. I hope I'm not micromanaged to death again. Arghhhh. I just picked up some books, CDs, and DVDs from the library and will choose something to read, listen to, or watch tonight.

I think me and the hubby are headed to the state fair tomorrow evening. That will be nice, but I hope it cools a bit.

I hope you all are having a great day! Enjoy the weekend!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 572/100%
Aw! Razzie is pretty freak'in cute!

Trina, hope your classes go a little smoother. Enjoy the fair! Stay cool!
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Gem, I'll have to see that video when I can hop on the comp
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Time is flying SO fast! We're nearly on a new month!
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-29-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)

My Mood:
LindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with allLindyLu has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 380/100%
Jeez! I've been immersed in life & missed a lot on this thread.

Sorry about the inukshuk but that cute kitty could get away with just about anything in my house. Sweet kitty

Love the baskets, Mel. I wish I had the time/patience to create them.

Gem, I swear that vid put me into a trance There's been a lot of life issues in my family of late but watching that vid made me forget all that for a while. Thank You!

We Will Rise Above This !
Old 07-29-2017, 11:09 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 72/100%

I think this is probably the most sturdy envie I have made? I had to use glue on both side of a cereal box as a foundation and it dried out super hard and heavy. XD
Old 07-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Sweet Envie...and sturdy is a good thing
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Linda, hope things get better...sending you good juju <3
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Hello Addicts! Just a quick share for ya today. It's a video tut by Mark Montano for no sew fabric lanterns. They are great for your backyard or even your art studio. Check it out!

Fabric Lantern Video Tutorial

Here are some other lanterns...you can use the tut as a base or your own style...

A Mynah Production blog

Last edited by kwailin777; 07-30-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Blog Alert! We have a fresh post from...

Creation A Day

The Paradox Sketchbook
A Mynah Production blog
Old 07-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Living in interesting times...

My Mood:
Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 233/100%
I agree with Mel, sturdy is a good thing Paradox. Your envie is very cute

Mel I love those lanterns!! That's one thing on my to do list for the near future...
Old 07-31-2017, 12:25 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 193/100%
I received my sweet envie from my partner Megan! I love how she altered some text pages for the front/cover and that it coincided with the pictures she had drawn on both sides. It's hanging now at my cabin and looks great. Thanks Megan!

I'm sorry I have been MIA for most of this month. I have so many chores and maintenance issues to tend with while I'm up north. Soon I will have to buy wood and split it for the winter months. I will have to get back to this thread later and look at all the pretty envies.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:28 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 72/100%
Red face

Hmm yes I remember those lanterns...
I made one for my college portfolio where all the art majors had to make a portfolio to be put into the school exhibition.
One of mine was a room, I constructed a room using PVC pipes then filled the walls in using handmade felt flower garlands...
the center piece was a table for which I made candles from fabric and decorated the cloth with beads, paint, and felt.... and added a bowl that I made from earthen clay with some felt fabric sweets.
Right above it I hung the lantern:

It was pretty easy to make if you use hot glue, and super light in weight! the only weight was added when I added those heavy things hanging on the bottom (most likely the bells).

For those curious here is a link to the project itself with some pictures of the room and table:
Sensory Trip to India

Fun things I learned when I made this lantern:
-you can make mini ones (only 3 inches big) using toothpicks (or other sticks) and tissue paper. I can't find pictures of the ones I made for that Halloween. We used electric tea lights in the center using the same wire method I used in the above lantern to make a pocket in the center.
-working with that 6 sided shape saves you a lot of hassle... the lantern seems to love that shape as it forms on its own without much thought.
-if you work with fabric stick to sewing it down otherwise be ready for burns if you use hot glue... it goes right through the fabric lol this of course is for light fabric that you want the lgiht to go through.
- and you can find plenty of these at the fair in India made of fabrics and even paper...with tons of shiny things on them like mirrors
Some images:
star lanterns

layered lantern
diwali festival paper lanterns
Old 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Miss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 130/100%
Hola! I keep thinking this is August 1 and that I wasn't getting notifications because a new thread had been started. Still don't know why I wasn't getting notifications of new posts for the old thread, though. lol
Old 07-31-2017, 09:36 PM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 339/100%
I received the most wonderful envie today from Waffle! It's fabulous!

And my envie to Waffle has been dropped in the mail and should arrive within the next several days.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Paradox, sweet presentation! You even have different shaped lanterns.

I see more Envies are in route...don't forget to give Itrader's to your partner's!

Miss Iowa...I'm about to put up the new thread...
A Mynah Production blog
Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Okay, new thread is up! Head on over...link is in my signature
A Mynah Production blog
Closed Thread

Tags
#:wublub: