ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 09-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Rookie

fairydust is a friendly and kind soulfairydust is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 8/100%
Okay. Thanks! I understand now!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Crafty Witch in Training

RaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 158/100%
Love this idea....lurking for now whilst I see what I can come up with.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 226/100%
Lurkers definitely welcome, RaeK75. Hope you get a chance to play =).
Old 09-18-2017, 07:13 AM
inspired

ChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 82/100%
Never done a zine before, but I would love to try!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
Should I take that as a sign-up, ChronicReader? =)

I think most people have found the making a zine part fairly straight-forward; there's lots of videos on YouTube about how to do it. The tricky part I found was photocopying, but there's also plenty of advice from the players here about how to do it.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fame
Yes I am signing up!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:23 PM
ATC Novice

Fierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fameFierce Armadillo is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 88/100%
This is interesting!

I love and collect zines. Zines as i know them are a part of PUNK culture. Ive seen anarchist zines, queer zines, occult zines, people's history zines... but i have rarely a zine topic that wasnt political (race & gender justice / antifascism / anarchism / amnesty etc), or very personal stories with sociopolitical implications (which i'd feel weird writing about tbh)..

Oh there is one other traditional option, a music zine, like articles & comics about local bands and independent music. Would that interest other players??

Soooo i need advice... i dont want to spoil the surprise but would anyone be willing to share their zine's *topics*? Because i love this swap idea but i am stumped for a zine topic that is inoffensive but still meaningful and challenging enough to be called a 'zine.' In short, is there such a thing as a non-punk zine? & what would such a zine be about?

Til i think of a good topic, consider me intrigued and lurking...
Old 09-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
People might be willing to share their topics from last time if they don’t want to spoil the surprise or you can look at the thread from the last zine swap.

There were a number of affirmation/quote style zines last time, so that seems like a popular theme at the moment. Also, some ones with original poetry and art.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:55 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
Right now....my zine will be mermaids. Probably uplifting quotes or sea wisdom.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:25 PM
inspired

I have no idea what I'm going to do just yet, still thinking...

Question for those who have made them before, what type of paper do you use to make them? And then what type of paper do you use to copy them onto?
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
I used plain typing paper to start and layered rest on top...it's being copied....normal copy paper...I did change copy color saturation up one... copied as 11by14 to allow copy to be a full8.5by11 for printed images
Old 09-24-2017, 04:03 PM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 643/100%
My zine in the last swap was about things my three year old wanted me to draw.

The zine I'm making now is about dreams/nightmares.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Pastel Painter

My Mood:
CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 456/100%
Originally Posted by mynameisJenn View Post
My zine in the last swap was about things my three year old wanted me to draw.

The zine I'm making now is about dreams/nightmares.
I received that zine and loved it. The paper you used had a gloss to it but wasn't photo paper(I think).. Could you please share what kind of paper you used? It was much nicer thank the copy paper I used.
Thanks.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Rookie

Fierce Armadillo, the theme for my zine is my cat. I wrote a very short, fun story about her.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:35 AM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 643/100%
Originally Posted by CherylS View Post
I received that zine and loved it. The paper you used had a gloss to it but wasn't photo paper(I think).. Could you please share what kind of paper you used? It was much nicer thank the copy paper I used.
Thanks.
Thank you, Cheryl! As for the paper, I actually don't know! I had them photocopied at a Staples, so maybe you could check with their print center?
Old 10-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Pastel Painter

My Mood:
CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 456/100%
Thanks. I did mine at OfficeMax..I'll try Staples this time.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Come along- we'll have a grand old time!

My Mood:
Snickleme is on the road to fameSnickleme is on the road to fameSnickleme is on the road to fameSnickleme is on the road to fameSnickleme is on the road to fameSnickleme is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 66/100%
This looks so cool! I will be a lurker- and go practice for now. I will for sure be joining in the future. Thanks for offering such cool swap.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:01 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!lildebi is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 134/99%
Please sign me up for this. It looks like fun.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:03 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
Welcome, lildebi!

Sounds like lots of different themes this time =). I look forward to seeing them.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Rookie

Ready to mail!

I have finished my "zines" and will get them in the mail this week. I had fun making these. I did what someone else suggested and I printed them on 11x17 inch paper. I printed them sort of in the middle of the page so that I could get the entire image on the paper then I just trimmed off the excess. I am posting a little "sneak peek" of my zine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heidi zine swap1_1.jpg (47.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by fairydust; 10-09-2017 at 11:21 AM.