ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:39 AM
ATC Guru

prex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 568/100%
Some more fearless players welcome BigBangMomma and mynameisJenn!
Hope you lurkers decide to join us

Old 08-04-2017, 09:25 AM
ATC Guru

prex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forumsprex79 clearly spends too much time on the forums
Bumping us up

Old 08-04-2017, 09:56 PM
with wings

My Mood:
acalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 654/100%
Originally Posted by prex79 View Post
Hmmmm... Sounds like an interesting challenge
Are you afraid of fog, acalla?
I am when it gets thick I really have a hard time.
Like when I am in the car.
I had a bad encounter when I was driving over a lake about 10 years ago
Never been okay with it since than
I have panic attacks...it sucks!

I can walk in woods in the dark, I get a kick outta bumpy plane rides ect.
Most things that make people fear I find rather fun.
But fog is my phobia
Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 PM
with wings

My Mood:
acalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vicki Z View Post
acalla, you paint fog like you paint rain.
Try using gesso with a water wash, or white acrylic watered down to a mist.
Or try a watercolor picture, with people or people silhouettes, then add water until the watercolor bleeds and blends and fades.

If one has seen the movie "The Fog", it is easy to be afraid of fog.
The movie got crappy reviews, but I, for one, thought it was pretty scary.

Please sign me up for this.
GREAT theme!

OMG...see they even made a movie about it!!!
Old 08-04-2017, 10:01 PM
with wings

My Mood:
FYI, a fear of fog is called homiclophobia or nebulaphobia.

SEE...it even has a name!!!
LOL

What are some of things you guys with be painting for this swap??
Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 PM
ATC Guru

Now I'm curious, does anyone else want to share their biggest fears/phobias?
I'm quite terrified of heights... And deep water. I love kayaking, but get very nervous if we are in the center of a lake or pond. My heart really does start to pound in my chest. I'm comfortable enough hugging the edge, though.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 PM
ATC Guru

Originally Posted by acalla View Post
FYI, a fear of fog is called homiclophobia or nebulaphobia.

SEE...it even has a name!!!
LOL

What are some of things you guys with be painting for this swap??
I have some magazine clippings about phobias from a Halloween issue of some magazine. I was going to dig those out and possibly use them to inspire my cards, but I haven't done so yet.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2351/100%
My hubby & I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon & we decided to go see their version of the Grand Canyon. I am so super afraid of heights; it is pitiful. I kept thinking I was going to fall down & roll right off the edge into the canyon. Greg said I was squeezing him so tight he couldn't breath. I had to leave after only a few minutes I just couldn't hack it. Same thing with deep water....
Now Hosting BRAINS.... BRAINS.... due date 11/22
Old 08-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Crazy dog lady

Cindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them allCindylou is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 287/100%
Sign me up please!
Old 08-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Serendipity

My Mood:
xela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 76/100%
I'd like to play too, please.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:21 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome Cindylou and xela7072!

Old 08-05-2017, 08:23 PM
ATC Guru

Nice Vicki Z! That clown card is terrifying!

Old 08-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1771/100%
I was thinking I am not really afraid of anything. Then I remembered, I am afraid to swim alone or to swim after dark, for fear that there might be a shark or an alligator in my pool. No lie. Long ago I researched it and found out I was crazy. I mean I found out that it is really a fear of the unknown, and growing up in Michigan when the movies Jaws came out. Magazine started coming out that there were predatory fish in the waters where I lived. Think of these magazine as time before internet hoaxes and photoshop.

Last edited by CastleQueen5; 08-07-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Rookie

Isayhooah is a valued memberIsayhooah is a valued memberIsayhooah is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 11/100%
Sign me up please, I have a highly irrational fear of worms. Like go catatonic at the sight of them, let's see if I can muster up a worm card....
Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 AM

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:58 AM

My Mood:
Old 08-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 3741/100%
Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
I was thinking I am not really afraid of anything. Then I remembered, I am afraid to swim alone or to swim after dark, for fear that there might be a shark or an alligator in my pool. No lie. Long ago I researched it and found out I was crazy. I mean I found out that it is really a fear of the unknown, and growing up in Michigan when the movies Jaws came out. Magazine started coming out that there were predatory fish in the waters where I lived. Think of these magazine as time before internet hoaxes and photoshop.
You grew up in Michigan??????
We lived in Michigan, in a trailer, near the shores of Lake Superior.
One winter we got 355.90 inches of snow, and the snow drifts extended from the other side of the road, across the road, across the ditch on our side of the road, across the embankment, across the railroad track, across our front yard, across and over our trailer, and to the lake, in one flat seeming endless, frozen wasteland.
Our trailer walls cracked from the snow weight, but the snow and ice melted and froze into the wall cracks to keep out the wind.
Roads closed, school closed, everything came to a shutdown.
The next day, as stuff melted, I climbed out the trailer sky-light, skied to work, and snow-showed home (seriously)! At the grocery store I was told to watch out for the 5 to 8 foot Muskie from Lake Superior swimming through the melting (liquid) snow and meeting me at my front door.

Have you ever seen a 52 1/2 inch Muskie?
They are HUGE.
They have teeth.
I was scared to death.
Here is a picture
Old 08-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Addicted to ATCs

Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!Vicki Z should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 3741/100%
P.S. CastleQueen5
LOVE your Pool Shark photo!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2017, 12:24 PM

My Mood:
See this is why I don't like swimming in lake!!

When I die I want my ashes sprinkled at lake Superior, maybe near the Mackinaw Bridge. Shh.... I think there are rules about where you can legally sprinkle ashes.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
ATC Guru

Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
Long ago I researched it and found out I was crazy.
Ha ha ha! You are too funny!