SPECIAL TRASH CHALLENGE, Due July 10, 2019

finally received my trash baggies today. ill be making cards for dithespy, AngelJoy and AmySi. Cant wait to get started! loving what everyone has been doing and the scrap idea for the hostess is brilliant.

i too read the "trash" as being more "art supply trash" so i hope no one is too disappointed with my baggies.

finally received my trash baggies today. ill be making cards for dithespy, AngelJoy and AmySi. Cant wait to get started! loving what everyone has been doing and the scrap idea for the hostess is brilliant.

i too read the "trash" as being more "art supply trash" so i hope no one is too disappointed with my baggies.

I received one of your baggies, and I'm NOT disappointed - thank you!

This is my hostess card, and ummm bluskyhare I used that orange tag to make the black dots. It now has black modeling paste on the back. I could send you the orange tag back in a CRRR but not in pristine condition. It does have some character now.

Mine are done. What a fun challenge! I'm sad its done. Wishing I had a few more bags of trash to play with.

for AmySi-Text page background (Trixie Belden! I hadnt thought of that name in years.), blue foil used with gesso to stamp a layer of texture, yarn dipped in brown ink layed across surface several times for another layer, red mesh adds the next layer and finally a heart punched from the magazine page and letters from the page cut out to spell "Hearts".

for AngelJoy - i started with a layer of text tissue paper and painted the background blue, then created flowers (out of the paper JavaZarf sent with all the trash) by using the circle cut out on the music flyer as a stencil/guide, the snowflakes were cut out to create the centers of the flowers, fuzzy yarn became plant parts, gold sparklies enhance the flower centers and the button becomes another flower in the garden.

for dithespy - the textured circle you sent was the inspiration for this. the first layer is the text you sent, one circle is also from the text page (one of the pictures), the textured circle was two sided so one side made the circle portion on the top left and the other side made the circle portion on the lower right, the other printed piece made the circle portion on the top right, a circle of the mesh is on the bottom right, small circles of the textured circle were added, small circles cut from the mesh were added and topped with the puffy circle stickers sent, the holes punched in the mesh were filled with pieces of the gold stones ribbon sent by AngelJoy.

for JavaZarf - i used the red mesh sent by AmySi as a stencil with black paint for the first layer, as well as hearts cut from her text page and a circle cut from the magazine page she sent. hearts were also cut out of AngelJoy's music flyer and blue foil. I also added some of her gold bling. dithspy's mesh is on the far left side as well as a heart cut from it in the top right. a scrap of the little printed piece she sent just happened to end up looking like an arrow so that is on the top middle. the last two little hearts are from the paper you sent with the trash baggies.

I hope you all like them.

Attachments

• forAmySi.jpg
    forAmySi.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
  • forAngelJoy.jpg
    forAngelJoy.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
  • fordithespy.jpg
    fordithespy.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 21
  • forJavaZarf hostess card.jpg
    forJavaZarf hostess card.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
Thank you for posting pics and explanations theweavershand.

By the way - I don't own the deed to Special Trash Swap. Anybody who has enjoyed playing with the variety of trash is welcome to start a second special trash swap.

I found the variety and having to use every piece of trash in some way totally different and a huge challenge.

And as the host, it was really interesting to receive trash from everyone and see in person all the different takes on what to send.

Also for me, making three bags was a challenge. I weeded and weeded and weeded the ingredients until a decision was made.

Mine are done. What a fun challenge! I'm sad its done. Wishing I had a few more bags of trash to play with.

for AmySi-Text page background (Trixie Belden! I hadnt thought of that name in years.), blue foil used with gesso to stamp a layer of texture, yarn dipped in brown ink layed across surface several times for another layer, red mesh adds the next layer and finally a heart punched from the magazine page and letters from the page cut out to spell "Hearts".

for AngelJoy - i started with a layer of text tissue paper and painted the background blue, then created flowers (out of the paper JavaZarf sent with all the trash) by using the circle cut out on the music flyer as a stencil/guide, the snowflakes were cut out to create the centers of the flowers, fuzzy yarn became plant parts, gold sparklies enhance the flower centers and the button becomes another flower in the garden.

for dithespy - the textured circle you sent was the inspiration for this. the first layer is the text you sent, one circle is also from the text page (one of the pictures), the textured circle was two sided so one side made the circle portion on the top left and the other side made the circle portion on the lower right, the other printed piece made the circle portion on the top right, a circle of the mesh is on the bottom right, small circles of the textured circle were added, small circles cut from the mesh were added and topped with the puffy circle stickers sent, the holes punched in the mesh were filled with pieces of the gold stones ribbon sent by AngelJoy.

for JavaZarf - i used the red mesh sent by AmySi as a stencil with black paint for the first layer, as well as hearts cut from her text page and a circle cut from the magazine page she sent. hearts were also cut out of AngelJoy's music flyer and blue foil. I also added some of her gold bling. dithspy's mesh is on the far left side as well as a heart cut from it in the top right. a scrap of the little printed piece she sent just happened to end up looking like an arrow so that is on the top middle. the last two little hearts are from the paper you sent with the trash baggies.

I am completely amazed by your artwork! I'll just send you all of my trash if you want more! ;)

Wow! I am THRILLED with what you did with my trash! Beautiful! Thank you so much!

Doggie from Christmas 1988
Trash from mrubyjean

oops, i had already cut the dog
before taking the before picture

View attachment 206890

View attachment 206891

This was my most difficult trash.
I tried to not cut the postage stamp
but could not get it to work as a single piece
also the toilet paper packaging gave me fits
determined to not use the cute birds
(but cut them out just in case)