HandDrawn/HandPainted Artapolooza! #3 (Read Description) Due May 30, 2018

What should theTheme/Challenge Card be for Artapalooza!! #4 ?

• Write in via Forum or PM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't Care . I think this format is ridiculous. These Swaps aren't for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I need a definition explained for "semi-realistic" please

Kynara Semi-realism = Semi realism is an art form that seeks to combine realistic and stylized depictions of a living being or scene. So, Realism would be drawing what you "actually" see like a photograph with no room for artistic interpretation or style. Semi-Realism would be to draw what you see but, open to use artist style and interpretation. If you were to draw a Realistic gorilla it would be right out of a wildlife magazine. Now draw that same gorilla but, in your own style. Anyone would be able to look at both drawings and know straight away that it's a gorilla.

Sorry , I intended to add this to the first round.

**NEW 6. 3 points will be given to one Artist each Swap based on their submitted Challenge/Theme Cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Participatiaon/join ~ 1pt (when cards are received)
2. Posting your cards to the thread or gallery 1pt (gallery post must have Swap name)
3. YOU receive a Host pick bonus card from me. ~2pt (Not meaning a Host card to me as they are not required to play)
4. Refer a Player ~ 2pts ( every Player joins the Swap per your suggestion
5. Following the Submission directions/rules - No Envie, return postage,return mini Envie that was provided with your returns.( I ask this because it's a big part of organizing /swapping process.) ~ 3pts
6. 3 pts will be given to one Artist based on their submitted Challenge/Theme Cards.

Kynara Semi-realism = Semi realism is an art form that seeks to combine realistic and stylized depictions of a living being or scene. So, Realism would be drawing what you "actually" see like a photograph with no room for artistic interpretation or style. Semi-Realism would be to draw what you see but, open to use artist style and interpretation. If you were to draw a Realistic gorilla it would be right out of a wildlife magazine. Now draw that same gorilla but, in your own style. Anyone would be able to look at both drawings and know straight away that it's a gorilla.

ok thanks

I think I'm going to sit this round out.

No Worries,,, but, putting this out there. The Koi fish and the black & White fish in your gallery are perfect examples for this swap;)

Yeah. I interpreted "semi-realistic" to mean, do your best to make it as realistic as you can. That will be a little different for everybody depending on skill level.

Yeah. I interpreted "semi-realistic" to mean, do your best to make it as realistic as you can. That will be a little different for everybody depending on skill level.

I personally interpret semi-realistic differently which is why I asked what the host's definition was so I would know what was expected for the swap.

Your interpretation is correct. I do hope that people aren't getting tripped up on the verbiage. There are indeed academically many layers to "Realism." Art History / Art theory teaches or expresses art in a wide spectrum such as:

Realism---------------------------EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN-------------------------Abstract

The everything in-between is All Art Movements & Styles known today.

Realism = Realism (arts) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(arts)
Realism in the arts is the attempt to represent subject matter truthfully, without artificiality and avoiding artistic conventions, implausible, exotic, and supernatural elements.

Abstract =Abstract art - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_art
Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, color and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world.[/SIZE

**I choose the words "Semi/realistic" to direct Artist vision more toward the left (Realism) of the spectrum than toward the right. (abstract) A stylized drawing/painting of a shark is acceptable. However, a rainbow colored shark wearing sunglasses and Trench coat walking on the beach would not be on topic for this Swap.

Cheers!! and Happy Arting:)

MonKeee Mail:

Cards Arrived Form :)plumhill2001 :) Adding you to the list and giving you itrader!

My cards are in the mail but I'm not sure they're to the brief now I've read recent posts. If they are unsuitable, please return them and I'll put them up for trades. I interpreted the "semi- realistic" as meaning realistic with a twist. I think I would have understood better if you had just said "realistic" as my drawing skills are not up to super- realistic (sadly).

Anyway, this is what I've done.

View attachment 194146 View attachment 194147

View attachment 194148 View attachment 194149

My cards are in the mail but I'm not sure they're to the brief now I've read recent posts. If they are unsuitable, please return them and I'll put them up for trades. I interpreted the "semi- realistic" as meaning realistic with a twist. I think I would have understood better if you had just said "realistic" as my drawing skills are not up to super- realistic (sadly).

Anyway, this is what I've done.

View attachment 194146 View attachment 194147

View attachment 194148 View attachment 194149

Cheers!... Great Set! No worries. Your cards are acceptable. These Swaps were created and designed to be FUN!! perhaps nudge artist out of their artistic comfort zone to draw new subjects/themes that they wouldn't do regularly. What I don't want to do is cause stress. All I ask is that everyone do their best. Create Artist Cards that they are proud of.

Back
Top Bottom