ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

View Poll Results: Which of the following would you prefer
Keep the contest as it is, with a theme each month. 108 76.06%
Dedicate a contest month to a specific media (e.g. watercolor or collage or pencil for example). 34 23.94%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:15 AM
The road to success is always under construction!

My Mood:
Beverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 453/100%
Zetti
Postage Stamp Continuation
Postage Stamp People
Celebrities
Historical Events
Folklore
Cryptozoology (Yeti, Nessie, Sasquatch, Chubacabra etc.)
Old 11-06-2016, 08:29 AM
living life

My Mood:
chaotickristi is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 0/0%
Marvel Universe
Elements/elementals (google it)
Fractals
Underwater life
Where you Live
Fortune Cookie Sayings
Old 11-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Doing the next right thing!

My Mood:
TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 941/100%
self portraits
owls
leafs
abstract art
in the style of....... (Picasso, Van Gogh, Matisse, etc)
artist's best work
Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 234/100%
black & white plus 1 color
steampunk
circus
moon
sci-fi
attitude
vintage 40's
vintage 70's
romance

Also, I like the idea for one medium a month but not for the whole year, example; February-romantic collage, March-Spring gelli print, July-postage stamp famous person extend the scene, November-pen & ink sci-fi.
Please no more cats and dogs (although I know you love dogs and many love cats)--ok, never mind!

Last edited by BluSkyHare; 11-06-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: adding
Old 11-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Babyfrogtoes

Babyfrogtoes has a spectacular aura about him/herBabyfrogtoes has a spectacular aura about him/herBabyfrogtoes has a spectacular aura about him/herBabyfrogtoes has a spectacular aura about him/her
iTrader Rating: 10/100%
Planes, Feet, eyes, classic cars, books, insects,
Shoes, dogs.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1632/100%
Hah! I swear there will be DOGS in this year's contest!!

More theme ideas in the more general area would be helpful.

Farm Animals
Zetti
Zentangle shapes
Barns
Old 11-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Jan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 570/100%
Painted landscapes-winter
Painted landscapes-summer etc.etc.
Resist with a themes such as seasons, villages, trees, etc.
Asian art themes
Scrip-it-calligraphy used in art forms
Old 11-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Que Sera, Sera

My Mood:
GALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 262/100%
Black and White
Black and White and one color
Rubber stamped
'Gelli' Printed
Abstract
Primarily Stenciled
Washi Tape Cards
BW Photography (Gallery Type and Quality--not snapshots)
Old 11-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Granny to four gorgeous children!

My Mood:
Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1171/100%
Zentangle
Black and white
Steampunk

A contest for chunkies/4 x 4 pages?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:57 AM
“Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso

My Mood:
redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 281/100%
Yay steampunk! Has anyone suggested Gorey or Edgar Allan Poe inspired? Also waterscapes - ripples, reflections, waves....
and facebook - https://www.facebook.com/shirley.bell.7528
Old 11-06-2016, 10:58 AM

PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!PatJ is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 23/100%
* Illustrate a scene from one of Aesop's fables
* Illuminated letter(s)
* Elements - wind, water, earth, fire; one or all mixed
* The view out my window(s)

* Hardship and hope
* Impermanence
* Something for which I am grateful
* Double exposure - a silhouette of one image with another drawn within (ie. Human head profile with a close-up flower within.)

* Use this shape - provide a simple abstract shape that creators then use to make a scene.
* Story in three scenes - tell a story where one scene is depicted on each card. Cards should be joined together (string, tape hinges...)
Old 11-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Be inspiring ... be kind ...

My Mood:
jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1078/100%
Rorschach art ...
Old 11-06-2016, 12:35 PM
ATC Witchery

My Mood:
wolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 253/100%
Thanks for asking for our input on the contests. Either way the voting goes, I would love to know the medium the artist is using and the title of the piece. (Even if it is only once voting is complete.)

Some ideas:
Silver and Black Accented
Out of this World
Favorite Flower In Macro
Chibi Ocean Life
Impressionist
Eye or Eyes- any Living Thing
Tools of the (Artist) Trade
Old Shoes, Slippers
Crystals, Rocks
Feathers
Painted Ponies
Album Covers

Last edited by wolfpax3; 11-06-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Newb

tishttr1 is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 0/0%
My Suggestions

Draw a still life
The great outdoors
“How you doing?”
My daydream world – CLEAN
All you need is love
Favorite color
Favorite song
FOOD!
Shinny
Grungy
1-pretty and 1-ugly
What makes you smile/laugh - emotions
What makes you sad/cry - emotions
Under the sea
The meaning of life
What does "utopia" look like
What does "hell" look like
What does "heaven" look like
What should this world look like
What does your world look like
My carbon footprint
Old 11-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 1412/100%
I'd love to see the contests bounce around between themes and media type challenges.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...
Old 11-06-2016, 01:57 PM
so much art, so little time

My Mood:
Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!Kath is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 41/100%
abstract portraits
having moving parts
reds, pinks and orange
world stamps
Old 11-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Hooked on ATCs

Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!Evilmomlady is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 13/100%
Theme Suggestions

At the beach
Camping themes
books- either pictures of books or your favorite books
baby theme-could be cutsie or retro or whatever
weather-rainy, tornadoes, etc
strong women-from rosie the riveter to your grandma or mom
extreme closeups

These are just a few of my ideas that seem inspiring. Plus all the other suggestions that were truly amazing!

Thanks,
EML
Old 11-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Queen Mean of the Horrid People

StregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoastStregaAnna is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 73/100%
little bit of cloumn a. . .

we could do some of each themes like "school" in one month and then "watercolor" the next.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
ATC Guru

goatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsgoatgirl clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 1263/100%
What about one theme a month, but two different mediums--collage/mixed media and hand-drawn/hand-painted--two winners, one for each medium? The best of both worlds!

Theme ideas:

based on a classic novel
based on a classic poem
Old 11-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Creates stuff, likes glitter, dances to own drummer.

My Mood:
shahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to allshahzaadee is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 178/100%
classic fairytales
dancers
strange hair
Closed Thread

Tags
contests, fun, themes