ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

View Poll Results: Which of the following would you prefer
Keep the contest as it is, with a theme each month. 108 76.06%
Dedicate a contest month to a specific media (e.g. watercolor or collage or pencil for example). 34 23.94%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 398/100%
I like that contest idea Donnacr said they did a couple years ago!!

(I also like her theme ideas :-))
Old 11-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Thinking's Hard.

My Mood:
moonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 780/100%
superheroes

Classic cars

Vintage Movie Monsters

fishing

favorite sport
Old 11-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1585/100%
Great. If you all have any more suggestions, I will keep this thread up through the weekend. Then I will consult with admin/board on some of the contest suggestions and compile a list of themes for voting!

Thanks everyone for the help
Old 11-12-2016, 12:50 AM
ISHAYA

My Mood:
Dulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to allDulci is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 68/100%
Dreamscapes
Nightmares
Alien Pets
Winter Wonderland
Favorite Sport
Sepia Portraits
Rodeo
Old 11-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Thinking's Hard.

My Mood:
moonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant futuremoonrose442 has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 780/100%
I second
Nightmares
alien pets
Old 11-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Newb

ShannaEA is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 0/0%
A Few Suggestions

I like period pieces (Victorian seems to be the most common due to the popularity of steampunk, but other historical periods are lots of fun too).

Sea creatures, especially crustaceans.

Mix and match themes like "fill in blank animal" + steampunk/fairy etc.

Art Nouveau.

Florals.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Escapism Artist

My Mood:
asharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them allasharnanae is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 165/100%
Dirigibles
Pangolins
Film Noir
North West Coast Indian arts
Coral or reef life
Tropical Flowers
Wood or lino cuts
Song lyrics or poetry
beaches
Old 11-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 10/100%
made from recycled materials
Old 11-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Bluevioletz

My Mood:
Bluevioletz is a friendly and kind soulBluevioletz is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 31/100%
Reindeer for Christmas
Dia de Los muertos for Halloween
Bicycles
Feathers
Garden
Tea
Mandalas
Lotus flowers
Old 11-13-2016, 02:40 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 169/100%
Textile atc - embroidery, fabric collage, felted etc.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Vitruvian Artist

My Mood:
LeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobahLeonardaDaArtsi is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 545/100%
Honey bees
Old 11-13-2016, 07:08 PM
~This too shall pass~

My Mood:
debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!debi_nc is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 116/100%
Since I can't draw or paint (I've tried & it wasn't pretty!) I do collage mainly.

What I'd like to see:

Collage
Black & white
Black & white + 1
Red & white
Your favorite color as the main theme
Circles
Squares
Postage stamps
Book background
Sweets
Tea theme
Seasonal things
Steampunk
Rubber stamps
Zentangle
Textile
Something about your state
Butterflies
Your favorite thing
Something about your favorite place
Maps
Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 AM

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
OKAY!

Here's what happens next. I am going to chat with Admin about some of the ideas for changing the contest.

Right off I can tell you we won't be changing the sizes...this is the Monthly "ATC" contest. If members want a mail art contest, I think that needs to be brought up with the Board. Don't get me wrong, I love mail art, but the logistics of running a contest with multiple sizes or multiple contests with differing frameworks is a bit daunting!

If you members that want a mail art contest want to put together a proposal and send it to the Board I think that would be the best thing to do.

NEXT! What a FANTASTIC LIST OF IDEAS!!! You swap hosts could mine this thread for swap ideas for the next decade

What I'm going to do is first look for those themes that came up a lot (like black & white). Those would have a global interest and will go on the voting list. Then I will look for themes that can be done in any media ...because we want entries in any media for every contest! DonnaCR and others had some good points about themes that would be problematic if you don't draw and paint and I will keep that in mind.

I also tend to not include themes on our voting list that require your Dedicated Contest Monitor to have to do a lot of explaining and interpreting so entrants understand the theme. Less need to explain means less chance for people to send in off theme entries or for me to have to reject someone's work.

My ultimate goal is to have themes that most folks can do to encourage as many people as possible to enter.

SO I am taking your wonderful ream of suggestions and am going to spend a day or so winnowing. And then we can vote for our favorites!

Thank you to everyone for your GREAT IDEAS
Old 11-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Look-on the mountains! The One who proclaims peace!

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2276/100%
Sounds like a good plan, debs!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:53 AM

My Mood:
The new list is complete and posted!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Tags
contests, fun, themes