Torn Paper Flowers - Due Apr 4

mzspurslasso

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: Cards need to be in my hands no later than April 4th
Signup/withdraw Date: No sign ups or withdraws ...just send in your cards on time if you want to play!
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 only
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Torn paper ONLY

Torn Paper Flowers

Please read ALL the guidelines for this swap at least a couple of times before sending in your cards. Thanks!!!

I am crazy about NancyL’s Torn Paper swaps! Love ‘em! (be sure to check out her Abstract Torn Paper swap going on now!) They have inspired me to do a torn paper swap of my own. (with NancyL’s encouragement) So, put down your scissors, grab some adhesive & paper, wake your muse up, and join us in making some super-fabulous cards!

For this swap, please make Torn Paper Flowers. Each card must have one or more torn paper flowers on it. It can be a large flower, a field of flowers, a bouquet…you name it, so long as the main focus is the torn paper flower(s).
What is a torn paper flower? Basically, it’s a collage of a flower made from paper you tear instead of cut.

Do not use scissors for this swap.

Tear your paper for the whole card. Yep…leave the uneven sides and jagged edges like they are. Step outside your comfort zone, give your muse a permission slip to run wild, and see what beautiful flower cards you can create using only this technique.

Please really put some effort into your cards. See how much detail you can add with just the paper. Challenge yourself to go further than you think you can. Just when you think you are done, step back, look again, and see if you could add a bit more detail. Don’t be afraid…have fun!!

I just want to make sure we are clear about this:Your supplies are to be only paper, your hands (or someone else’s :laugh:), a sturdy ATC card, and an adhesive (not tape!). Feel free to use a sealant if you like, but it’s not required. Do NOT use any embellishments for this swap…paper only.

Please send in your very best work...no sloppy, half-hearted cards...only cards you would love, love, love to receive need be sent in. If you have a difficult time mailing the cards to me because you like them so much, that’s a great sign!

******Please make sure your ATCs for All name is on the back of your cards EXACTLY how it is on the forum so those who receive your cards can give you rep points. ******

This swap as a no sign up swap. Your name will be added to the list when your cards arrive.

Cards that arrive on or before April 4th will be swapped out.
Cards that arrive after April 4th will be returned.

Host requests:
Please DO NOT send envelopes. (I will provide them)
Please DO send loose postage, not envelopes with postage already attached.
Please keep your cards FLAT...no raised embellishments for this one.
Thank you!!​

Creative Plan:
Please submit only your best, most creative work.
Card size must be ATC standard - 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
All cards need to be sent in a plastic sleeves or some sort of protection in case your envelope is damaged or gets wet on the way to me.
Originals only, no prints of previous work.

Please feel free to post your cards to the thread and comment on other artists' cards.

If you have questions about your cards, please send me a pm or ask in the thread.
PM me when you are ready for my address.

Awesome Returns:

All players: Please do not send envelopes. I will provide them. Please do send a label/paper with your name and address clearly printed on it.

US players: Please do send loose postage to cover your returns. An extra stamp is always appreciated to help cover international postage players, but it's not required. Please do NOT send envelopes with postage already attached.

International players: I'll cover the postage for your returns.

Gracious Gratitude:

Please make sure your real name, swap title, and screen name are on the back of your cards so others can leave you rep points.

Once you receive your return cards, please remember to leave iTrader for me and Rep points for the folks whose cards you were honored to receive. I will leave iTrader for each of you as soon as I receive your cards.

Thank you for playing in this swap!

Cards Received:
1. NancyL returns received
2. maggiebloom
3. SingBlueSilverreturns received
4. hazardgal returns received
5. kentuckydakota
6. blessedtwoxreturns received
7. mariloupatch returns received
8. Elenareturns received
9. nikkiarts
10. idolores
11. lafaver55
12. jaceslavereturns received
13. butterflygirl24returns received
14. kath returns received
15. Julie B returns received
16. Blanche returns received
17. flmgo33returns received
18. butterfly4
19. Sophie's Mom returns received
20. CynthiaSillitoe returns received
21. Cleopatrareturns received
22. lafaver55
23. turtlemountain returns received
24. tjsreturns received
25. jessann returns received
26. sunshineshadow returns received
27. Magda Palka returns received
28. lindalaelmreturns received
29. madlou23 returns received
30. jewelsreturns received
31. Suzie's Arts returns received
32. julebear returns received
33. suzyq returns received
34. katelnorthreturns received
35. boekwrmreturns received
36. blue-eyesreturns received
37. jeaniereturns received
38. DenaCottrell
39. akualezli
40. mouseitreturns received

Last edited:
Ive been playing with paints and pens and so getting back to tearing paper will be a nice break. curious to see how small I can tear mulberry paper....maybe I will have to look and see what other kinds of papers I have to tear....exploration through materials is always interesting.....

I joined Nancy's abstract torn paper swap, and it was such fun.
I will try to make some torn-flowers!

Yay...welcome! NancyL got me hooked on this technique. I had not tried it until her past swaps. Loved it!!! Thanks NancyL!!!

If I still like the cards I made for this tomorrow, I'll put them in the mail. a little harder than abstract as the paper has to resemble something! I used origami paper.

Ive been playing with paints and pens and so getting back to tearing paper will be a nice break. curious to see how small I can tear mulberry paper....maybe I will have to look and see what other kinds of papers I have to tear....exploration through materials is always interesting.....

Not surprised to see you here NancyL - I'm starting to wonder if they even have scissors in Hawaii. - hee-hee

Lurking! I've done some chunkies this way but not cards. I will see what I can come up with and if I have the time... Lurks away for now!

Can the paper we rip have paint on it? I ripped some flower petals out of the paper I clean my brushes on last night. Then got to wondering if that was ok. Also can we use papers that have printing/colors on them already?
If so, I have 2 done already so looks like I'm joining in :)
Here's the first

Last edited:
Lovely flowers posted so far.

A couple of questions: What's a good source for interesting papers? And when you order papers, do they have a strong smell? (Allergy issues.)

Gonna lurk till I figure out if I can do this.

Fabulous flowers posted so far! Yes...you may use paper previously painted on.

Please be sure all flower parts are securely adhered down so they don't come off or get torn.

Thanks!!

Lovely flowers posted so far.

A couple of questions: What's a good source for interesting papers? And when you order papers, do they have a strong smell? (Allergy issues.)

Gonna lurk till I figure out if I can do this.

I have found scrapbook paper and mulberry papers to be relatively scent free. I did order some interesting paper from somewhere else once that had such a strong order I wasn't able to use it.

You can get interesting bits from security envelopes. Lots of different patterns! I got at least two different patterns in the mail just today!

And don't forget your catalogs. I get lots of collage images via craft catalogs. Same thing could go for torn paper flowers!

Back
Top Bottom