ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 07-03-2017, 03:22 AM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
DocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 163/100%
All freebies have been claimed and sent! Thanks to everyone who participated!

Looking forward to seeing the art that happens!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Experimentalist

AmySi is a valued memberAmySi is a valued memberAmySi is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 36/100%
Eeboo swatch

Tried out sample piece today. So far, I like the nail and rabies tag
Thanks again!

IMG_20170705_190403_kindlephoto-553968938.jpg
Old 07-05-2017, 07:12 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 275/100%
An exacto blade is fantastic for scratchboard BTW, its what I use.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Experimentalist

I don't actually have an exacto knife somehow...

I'm happy with how the nail worked though
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=506012
Old 07-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Experimentalist

Today's eeboo owl
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=506390
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 PM

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
Cool card.

Also, just letting you know Doc Griffin, I received the cards today.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
DocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to allDocGriffon is a name known to all
Old 07-18-2017, 04:01 PM

Here are all my 6. I think resizing it made it blurry though? The only one not in my gallery right now is the frog since that's part of a swap set I'm not done with yet.

They were a little scratched up when they got to me. for the first one (the frog), I tried covering it with marker but that didn't work great so I just tried to design the other ones to cover the most scratches. lol

It was very fun to work with! I didn't have shiny red, green, or blue in my own stash so was fun to try something different. (I did have silver and gold though, also rainbow but that's a little irrelevant. lol)
Old 07-18-2017, 04:15 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 552/100%
Those are fantastic, Iam! I'm so impressed!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:47 PM

Thank you! I was just copying other scratch pieces with a few of my own adjustments to fit the card format better but I think its a good way to learn (other than the dragon, that was a photo of a statue) and I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of it! I wanna try doing more original scratch stuff in the future.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:54 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
You are certainly getting the hang of it! What is the technique, just kind of "drawing" with your Xacto knife (or other tool)? Do you do a real drawing first on the black coating with maybe a really sharp white pencil?
Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM

I drew on it somewhat with pencil but this stuff didn't really hold it at all so I couldn't even see the lines for the most part... I did try a white charcoal pencil but it scratched the top layer off so gave up on that. I ended up making general shapes with pencil to help preview the image a bit then did everything else in exacto blade since it actually let me see what I was doing! My own personal stash holds pencil pretty well so I do a more complete pencil drawing on those and relay on my pencil more.

But yeah, basically you're drawing with a blade. If you mess up a line you can put more color next to it to help hide it and reshape your drawing though. I that that at some parts, hopefully not too obvious. Like the head for the chameleon was too small at first so I made the outer head thicker. XD
Old 07-30-2017, 02:34 PM
...Correlation is not causation.

kailavmp is a valued memberkailavmp is a valued memberkailavmp is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 86/100%
Here are mine! I received them yesterday, and just couldn't stop playing with them until all were finished! Scratched in order: green, gold, silver, pink, blue; used a nail-stuck-in-pencil-taped-in-isolation-tape-tool (handmade by my BF and often used as his most universal tool), and a boring, ordinary pin.

edit: added scans, too big picture for AFA gallery so I had to upload elsewhere first!

Last edited by kailavmp; 07-30-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added scans
Old 07-30-2017, 02:43 PM
ATC Guru

Those are absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try this out. Just waiting for some kind of lull in my swapping and trading activities, I will post pictures here if they are any good.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Experimentalist

Beautiful, Kaila & Michelle!

Funny we all scratched animals
Old 07-30-2017, 03:43 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 62/100%
oh my gosh Kaila!!! The betta fish is just amazing! And the camel...and all of them! Awesome job girl!
Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 PM

Wow! Those are fantastic!
Old 07-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Wait. What?

My Mood:
Great frog, Michelle!
Awesome camel, Kaila!
Truly lovely, ladies!