ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 PM

My Mood:
jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 242/100%
ATCs: Monkey Business (Open Media) Due Jan 20th

Monkey Business!

* Swap Due Date - January 20th
* Withdraw date - None, just make sure you let me know so I don't get anxious waiting on cards that are never going to arrive.
* Number of cards - 3 for 3
* Number of participants - unlimited

Please at least read the bold parts!!

I will take international participants as long as you provide postage - it can be the equivalent from your country that I can use in other swaps or a well concealed $1.

This swap is completely open for media as long as there is a MONKEY somewhere on the card. I have had fabulous luck with hosting open media swaps and we have had great returns so let's keep it going! I am trusting you to do something that you would be happy to receive in your returns. I do swap like-for-like in terms of effort and if there is nothing equivalent to swap with, then your cards will be returned to you.

If you need a starting point think: zentangle monkeys, landscapes with monkeys, Chinese new year monkeys...It is all acceptable! I will accept famous monkeys as long as you have truly added your own twist to them. (How can I not when my lifelong nickname has always been George?) Sew, collage, stamp, draw, paint, gesso...! Whatever you are best at!! I am including only one image of my own because my browser is being funny.... but I'll try to post some examples from my collection as well.... just need to get permission.

Please put your cards in the thin individual plastic sleeves. Put a piece of cardstock or thin cardboard in the envelope (cereal boxes work perfectly) to help keep them safe. Do NOT include an envelope - I purchased several packages of the self-sealing legal sized envies for this swap because they are just easier to deal with. DO include a large self-addressed label!!!!! If you want to write it on a piece of paper that I can tape down, that works too but the labels are less work.

And for my US players: at least $0.64 in stamps. I have learned that this is how much it generally costs to send a correctly packed envie when there are mixed media cards involved. Since you are not including an envelope, however much it costs you to send it to me will be the same for me to send it back to the other players. So, if it costs more, please include that amount in extra postage for me to distribute to the envelopes receiving your cards. This is less to be cheap as it is to avoid the angry postal worker that has to check every envelope to make sure it's right. (My experiences at the P.O.'s around here have been that their employees are very precise!) Please do not send those machine printed stamps - I have learned that they have expiration dates.

Also everyone please make sure to include your info on the back of your cards!! This way the recipients can leave you lots of love (a.k.a. rep pts) when they get their returns. Plus it is really neat to see where the cards have come from. It also helps me to double check no one is getting their own cards back or two from the same player.

Also, not required but always appreciated is a 4th card as a host gift. I never speak a word about this and just appreciate it greatly when it occurs but because I love monkeys SO MUCH my promise to you is that if you send a 4th card as a host gift, I will send you an extra card back! This is totally optional of course!

I leave all iTraders at the end of the swap! You should do the same when you receive your cards. Leave an iTrader for me & rep points for the cards you received. If you don't know how to, then ask and I will explain.

Okay.... I know that was a lot but thank you for reading all of it so that this swap goes smoothly!!! Any other questions, please ask!

Who wants to monkey around?

**mailing** & **received** & **arrived**

1. jensamouse (USA)
2. obviousfront (USA)
3. jo.on.the.go (USA)
4. Donnacr (CHINA)
5. spineofafish (USA)
6. Joss (ENGLAND)
7. Dustypenny (USA)
8. momoruth (USA)

Last edited by jensamouse; 02-10-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Custom User Title

obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 191/100%
Whoot Whoot Whoo Whoo
Imma Be A Primate Too
Please sign me up and I will try to rescue Monkey from the Robo-Cat

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall..._condo_cat.jpg

My cards will have monkeys, possibly ripped to pieces
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM

My Mood:
jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!jensamouse is a glorious beacon of light!
hahaha. I love it. You have a great style - can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
going, going, always going: Rapa Nui (Easter Island) next

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1317/100%
Please add me!

Just a technical question (excuse the biologist in me), but are apes good for the swap too (gorillas and orangs and other such PRIMATES), or just MONKEYS? I just got back from the San Diego zoo (wonderful place) two weeks ago and already did a gorilla....
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2218/100%
what about a lemur? I was planning to make a lemur for lemurkat but I may just make one for this swap instead.
Count me in
Old 12-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Colour adds life.

lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!lemurkat is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 792/100%
Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
what about a lemur? I was planning to make a lemur for lemurkat but I may just make one for this swap instead.
Count me in
Awwww *pouts* Does that mean I miss out?

I am contemplating joining this swap, but I'm almost burned out on ATCs atm, and I think my current set of trades is going to be enough for now. I need a bit of a leave of absense next year, I fear.

Read my books or follow my latest project:Animal-a-Day
and play the game, "Zootrophy"

Last edited by lemurkat; 12-10-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Custom User Title

obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!obviousfront is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 191/100%
How about Don Imus or Fred Phelps, they're both primates....
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 PM

My Mood:
I had to refer to wikipedia on this one...

"A monkey is any cercopithecoid (Old World monkey) or platyrrhine (New World monkey) primate. All primates that are not prosimians (lemurs and tarsiers) or apes are monkeys. .....Monkeys are generally considered to be intelligent and, unlike apes, monkeys usually have tails." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey

There is a whole lot more there if you want to check it out - but I think to keep in the theme it has to be a monkey. No human primates allowed, even though many act more like animals than some monkeys.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Curious George doesn't have a TAIL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 AM

My Mood:
it does say "usually"... ?
Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 AM

My Mood:
If you want some interesting reading and a full listing of monkeys, here it is.... some wierd facts in there....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_monkey & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_World_monkey
Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 AM

My Mood:
apparently the old world monkeys have less in the tail area and opposable thumbs.... they don't mate for life either... wonder if there's a connection.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
spineofafish

My Mood:
spineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 182/100%
I'd like to monkey around with this theme. May I join, now that I am almost back to normal after moving!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 PM

My Mood:
deffo! welcome to the monkey house!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 PM

My Mood:
so i spent my whole day yesterday learning how to make sock monkeys. they look kind of creepy. i need to post pics i think...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:58 PM

My Mood:
they make me laugh though so i guess it is creepy in a good way.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:05 PM

My Mood:
Okay...I tried Curious George, I tried monkeys covering eyes, ears or mouth, I tried cute monkeys eating bananas and swinging from trees. You know what...they are all in my waste basket because I CAN'T DO THAT! You get ZOO MONKEYS drawn based on photos on-line from various zoos. Here is what I did (note, they all have color except my scanner doesn't always like color:

Please PM your address

Last edited by jo.on.the.go; 02-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:30 PM

My Mood:
Totally adorable! I love them. Funny how we all have our comfort zones... I would never attempt what you have done because I'd throw a lot of monkeys away as well. PM'ing you now...

Oh and I found my camera so I should have sock monkeys to share shortly...
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 PM

My Mood:

Here they are! I ended up drawing them for the misfit toys swap....
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 PM

My Mood:
Anyone else want to monkey around????