Swap Title: Blind Drawing II ATC Swap
Swap Due Date: Cards in my hands by September 22
Signup/withdraw date: September 15
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
Number of participants: Unlimited
Media: Mixed (some HD required)
Blind Drawing II ATC Swap
Blind drawing is just what it sounds like: The most fun you’ve ever had in a swap in your entire life. Again.
Okay, okay, for the purposes of this swap, blind drawing works like this: Close your eyes and draw a face. If the eyes hang off the cheeks and the eyebrows go halfway to the moon, that’s part of the fun, because now you’re going to use that drawing as the focal point for a wonderful, quirky, finished piece of art.
Samples by AKMamaof2, novasmem, and themuppet
Extra Special Swap Requirements
• The face you draw is the BEGINNING of your ATC, not the final product. You must finish out the face and create a visually interesting background.
• To finish the face, let its personality inspire you. Give it hair, a job, a back story, and/or some part of a body. Paint it, color it, give it a mustache, make it a mermaid with vampire teeth, or draw on it with gel pens. Have fun!
• The background of the card can be hand drawn, painted, or collaged. You can cut out your face, as AKMama did in her example, and add stamps, ephemera, found poetry, and/or any techniques, as you would normally do in your art.
• Don’t be surprised if you have to draw and finish more than three faces to get three cards you adore.
• IF YOU SUBMIT AN UNFINISHED BLIND DRAWING ON A PIECE OF CARD STOCK, I WILL SUBMIT IT BACK TO YOU. Please finish your cards.
Rules of the Road
• All cards should be the standard size: 2.5” x 3.5”.
• All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
• All cards must be original, and each card must be different. Please do not make copies or submit prints.
• Show off your talents. Send cards that took time and care.
• Please don’t use hard, bulky embellishments that can upset postal machines.
• No stickers, please.
Mailing & Postage
• When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
• Make sure your name, user name, location, and the swap name appear on the backs of all ATCs.
• US Participants, include a SASE, business size, with enough postage to cover the mailing of your cards.
• I will cover the first 10 international participants.
• Please mail your cards early so they arrive on time.
- When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.
1. KatieV - Received
2. WyvernSian (Int'l #1) - Received
3. Cindyjob - Received
4. goodmorningstarshine - Received
5. novasmem - Received
6. katilady - Received
7. JavaZarf - Received
8. theweavershand - Received
9. catPratt - Received
11. Cherie - Received
13. Russell - Received
14. themuppet - Received
15. sharazoid - Received
16. amyfaerie - Received
19. andyaly (Int'l #2) - Received
20. CoyotesGirl - Received
21. Southern Fire Writer - Received
22. Skyjules - Received
23. JoyFlower - Received
24. Mrs Ragbrutty (Int'l #3) - Received
25. AKHotMakeMeLaughMama - Received
26. Joss (Int'l #4) - Received
27. 1 Art Lady - Received
30. Leneas Paperdreams (Int'l #5) - Received
33. IrishRose - Received
34. nicci - Received
36. jazzie - Received
37. Kat - Received
38. DebbaPeot - Received
42. Miss - Received
43. Evalila (Int'l #6) - Received
44. lthykeson - Received
45. wildholly- Received
46. cardmama - Received
47. rubyragdoll (Int'l #7) - Received
48. 1orange (Int'l #8) - Received
49. 6Tez81 - Received
50. Bob Florence - Received
52. Shirik (Int'l #9) - Received
53. NYCkitty - Received
54. Pochadiva - Received
55. pocket yeti - Received
57. Lady Kristianna - Received
58. jaw - Received
59. LittleRedShoeDesigns - Received
60. kristib - Received
61. cerries (Int'l #10) - Received
62. corrie04 - Received
64. Phoenix - Received
65. sqeek - Received
68. mrubyjean - Received