ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Jan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 571/100%
FABRIC POSTCARD TRADE- trade themes change as seasons and holidays approach

A fabric postcard swap for partners. This trade will call for partners to use their own "ingredients" to make a fabric postcard. You will need to make one postcard on the theme currently offered remember the theme will change as we progress through the year so check this thread often. Seeing this is the holiday season we will focus on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
Please post to this thread your interest to participate. As names fill in I will post them into a partner trade. PM your partner to exchange addresses and post to this thread when mailing your postcard this should be within two weeks of signing up for a partner trade. We would all love to see the postcards, please scan and post image to this thread. You can mail the PC "bare naked" or in a clear bag, remember this is "Art in the Mail" so to see the card going through the mail is good. US postage is usually about .73 cents in USA and $1.25 for out of country mailing, best to take it to the post office and have it weighed if the card is a little heavier it will cost more. Watch your thickness, use seed beads or small charms if included on the card. Any questions post to thread or PM me. Postcard must be 4X6 inches or a little less.
This is a great way to think creatively, challenge yourself to new mediums and receive a wonderful gift in the mail. Remember fiber artists these days use many mediums so think creatively.
Below are some examples of postcards I received from other artists. the lady is worked on Pellon, painted face, heat fused fibers for hair, bead work around head and butterfly plastic thin charm (mailed in envelope). Horses is machine stitched in fabric, white foam is painted/melted bubble wrap stitched on and some beads for "splashing" foam backing is Pellon and stamp adhered to Pellon. Tree House is machine stitched on fabric, backing is Pellon mailed with no protection, stamp intact and cancelled.

Last edited by Jan; 09-19-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Jan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them allJan is the envy of them all
Halloween fabric postcard anyone?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Never Sits Still

My Mood:
Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 475/100%
Does the P.O. actually mail the fabric postcard? Lurking for now.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Yes each partner makes a fabric postcard and mails it to the other partner. Theme for this mailing is Halloween. Fabric postcards can be mailed through the mail system, bare or in a plastic sleeve, some put them in an envelope but that takes away from "ART" passing through the mail system.
Lots of fun. I'm not sure what you mean by "P.O.".
Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 AM

My Mood:
monarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 2198/100%
jan......I want to do this but due to health issues that I have and treament that I have to start again at the end of the month, I want to get my postcard done before I sign up for this month....I have plans on working on it this weekend because of the October 17th date you posted...... I will let you know when it is done.....
Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Sounds good Carol, I will partner with you if you get it done. Either way is fine take care of yourself first. I am doing the same thing, the card is in process.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Pauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoastPauline is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 230/100%
Hi Jan,
I will wait for the next theme, as I am not a Halloween person and dont celebrate it.
But most certainly will participate later.
Pauline
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Thanks Pauline, I think the next swap will be a December one celebrating a personal holiday as we have many cultural and religious holidays that month. After we get through this Halloween date I will post specifics on due dates for the December one.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Here comes the sun!!!

My Mood:
JudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 268/100%
Hello! Somehow I missed this post- things have been crazy and I haven't been looking around here lately. I totally LOVE Halloween and would have been happy to partner with someone. Now that I've posted on this thread, when the next theme is announced I will be sure to sign up!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Judy, get crackin' I have a Halloween PC ready to post you. Let me know when you are ready to send yours off and we'll confirm each others addresses and walla we can enjoy a Halloween PC by the 31st.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
The mailing due date has expired for a Halloween PC. Moving on, here is the next challenge. Create a "celebration" fabric/fiber postcard choosing any celebration that one chooses from this date until January 2, 2012 I know those in other countries celebrate different themes but I think we all celebrate some special days during November and December. The mailing due date will be, November 21 of 2011, that is a month to decide and work on a PC. Post here if you are interested and I will partner you with others or myself.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Here comes the sun!!!

My Mood:
JudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to allJudyLee is a name known to all
Hi Jan- I'll be finishing up my Halloween PC this weekend. Sign me up for the next challenge as well. Thanks- JudyLee
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Granny to four gorgeous children!

My Mood:
Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1171/100%
Am I reading you right, that I could make a November 5th type Postcard, as that's a 'holiday' in November?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Elizabeth is that a holiday for you folks, if so that sounds good. Would you like to partner with JudyLee? This will give us a little cultural education how those in other countries celebrate special days. Remember you can pick any holiday for the next two months plus the New Year. If you post your finished PC to this thread perhaps you can share something about that special day so we all learn a little more about you and your country.
Judy I will pm you to confirm your address and then will post your Halloween PC.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 AM
stitching up a storm

My Mood:
Cee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 200/100%
mm, this sounds great! I am thinking of sharing New Years Day Australian style..our summer and a great family holiday time... or perhaps NYE!
( and now Ibus has taught me how to finish the edges of fabric cards, I can really explore this concept!)

Last edited by Cee-Emm; 10-21-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Treasure Great Art

My Mood:
Welcome Cee-Emm. Post if you want to commit to making a fabric/fiber postcard. We'll find you a partner. New Years in Australia should be a blast. I remember when year 200o and we watched you folks celebrate this new Millennium and your Native people gathering at the famous rock as that new day arrived.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM

My Mood:
Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!Ibus should simply stop getting rep at this point!
It's not an official holiday, so we don't get a day off, and used to be widely celebrated although now they're trying to tone it down and limit the sale of fireworks, having more public firework displays.
Loads of history though!

And yes, I'll partner Judy Lee.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:21 PM
stitching up a storm

My Mood:
Cee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant futureCee-Emm has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 200/100%
Jan, sign me up!! I am up for making a fabric postcard! It will be my first, so may have questions.. but I have made fabric chunkies, quilts, fabric "paper" dolls etc so should be fairly right.
2000 was an amazing NY, remember all the hoo-ha about the Y2K virus that was going to shut all computers down? Uluru or Ayers Rock as it used to be known would have been an amazing place to be!
Elizabeth here in Australia we have not been able to buy fireworks for some years ( except in the Northern Territory-) but now besides the big ones NYE and Australia Day, it seems lots of smaller functions have them as well.A whole new career opportunity opens up for pyro-technicians!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 PM

My Mood:
TBH I'd be quite happy if they banned the sale of them here as well. All you get for weeks before and after are bangs, though we haven't had any yet, so maybe they have stopped! It was a fun holiday when I was a child (not so fun for Guy Fawkes) with bonfires and fireworks that got spoilt by idiots sticking lit fireworks into people letter-boxes and gardens
Old 10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Here comes the sun!!!

My Mood:
Hello Ibus! I would love to be your post card partner. I'll be sending you a pm so we can exchange addresses.