ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Officially ATC obsessed

My Mood:
Pochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 1698/100%
"Mixed Media Voluptuous Volkswagens & Beautiful Beetles" due May 21st

Swap Due Date - May 21st
Sign up/withdrawal date - none, just let me know if you need to withdraw…communication is the key!
Number of Items - 3:3

Number of participants - unlimited

“Mixed Media Voluptuous VolksWagens and Beautiful Beetles Swap”

I’ve so thoroughly enjoyed the template swaps I’ve been involved in i.e. Malicious Fish and Easy Ornaments that I’ve been itching to join the party and present my very own slant on this type of mail art project. Being a child of the ‘60’s has compelled me to return to my roots and drum up fantasies of fanciful VW Bugs. I have such fond memories of my youth, tooling around in my white ’64 VW bug. I think you’ll agree that the possibilities are endless. amyfaerie and grrrdjules have so generously given me permission to use the instructions lifted from there awesome Bird and Malicious mail art swaps for my mail art endeavor. Is that cool or what? I thank you Jules and Amy for your benevolence!

As you know, these make wonderful garlands and mobiles . . . or individual ornaments. They are delightful works of art that can be displayed, admired and shared to your little heart’s content.

Do read EVERY guideline and suggestion before signing up for this swap.

The VW template is made by me and when it's printed and cut out, the VW should be around 7.5 inches long and 3.5 inches high.

Players should keep the following things in mind:

* VW’s should follow the attached template as close as possible. Do not punch holes in the sides, as we'll leave it up to each artist to hang his/her VW when he/she receives their returns.
* Please send the same amount of postage your package takes to get to me. * These VW’s should be MIXED MEDIA and demonstrate a variety of techniques. VW’s should NOT look like scrapbook pages, nor should scrapbook elements (beyond printed papers) be used in the creation of the VW. Please do not use stickers and chipboard designs on your bugs. I would like this swap to feature artwork and not craft type pieces. Think papers, paint, stamps, collage, drawing, embellishing, etc
* Layers, layers, and layers! The more elements and techniques used the better! However, if the bug displays your awesome drawing skills using more than one medium....you qualify!
* Please do your best work and show your talents. Only submit work you would enjoy receiving in return. Please don’t wait until the last minute and rush your bugs. No slapping together just to finish. There is no harm in withdrawing if you are running behind.
* Create your VW on a sturdy substrate. Make sure that the substrate is thick enough to stay stiff and flat if hung from a garland. Simple cardstock is not thick enough.
* Finish the backs of your artwork, even if it's just minimally (nice paper, or a paint wash, etc.) Include your name and user ID on the back of the VW plus any other info you want to share.
* I swap quality for quality. If an artist makes a bug that is slapdash, poorly constructed, sloppily executed, off theme, or that do not have comparable art in this swap, it can create problems for me when swapping. I reserve the right to contact the artist to make arrangements for re-doing or returning sub-par art.
* No assembly line or close copies--each VW should be unique and different.
* Do make sure that you only use the template provided. You may embellish on top and around the edges however.
* Please mail on time. If you do not communicate and do not send your VW’s you will receive neutral itrader.
* If your VW has danglies etc. please place your bug in a baggie or a folded piece of paper - no taping!
* Remember to send adequate postage AND a clearly-printed, accurate large return address label. I will do my best to reuse envelopes that are sent to me--players do NOT have to supply a return envelope.
* Just so everyone knows...Don't worry about which direction your vdubs are headed. I don't think anyone will mind which way they are going!

***VERY IMPORTANT***
It would be helpful if you included TWO small return name and address labels – but if not no worries. I will cover the international players but this one can get a little pricey so postage would really help.
There's a template attached here as well as a sample VW to give you a few ideas! Now, who is up for a blast from the past? (I don’t count the modern Beetles…just not the same) Calling all drivers!

Click on the thumbnail below to print out the template and print it out in a landscape orientation. Rightclick on the template in the window and click print actual size. Hope that works! It worked for me.

Tell you what everyone, if this is giving you fits and you can't seem to get the template to print to the right size, I will send one to you in the mail. Just pm me and I'll help you out. I had no idea it could be complicated but I'm willing to help rectify this situation as I am hearing back from some that the printouts aren't actual size. I received this tip from ICraft:

I clicked on the middle VW bug pic and it opened the attachment, then I pressed Ctrl and P on the keyboard and it printed in just the correct size. Good luck to others with the printing I know I've had trouble in other swaps with it not printing the correct size so I guess it's just an ongoing issue we all have to work through - I think I just got super lucky today.

Remember, the template should be about 7.5" by 3.5".

Our drivers:
0. Pochadiva
1. KaleidescopeI’s (REC'D)
2. Jazzie(REC'D)
3. Kris10satcs (REC'D)
4. Maineatc (REC'D)
5. Phoenix (WITHDREW)
6. Heidi 2323 (REC'D)
7. Teale (REC'D)
8. Debbapeot (WITHDREW)
9. RachelMarie (WITHDREW)
10. Sassynebrasky (WITHDREW)
11. sainteve (REC'D)
12. Helene (REC'D)
13. ArtDuJunque (REC'D)
14. MelanieS (REC'D)
15. kayart (REC'D)
16. PAMI (REC'D)
17. theweavershand (REC'D)
18. artwhims (REC'D)
19. Shawnicaitlin (REC'D)
20. monarch (REC'D)
21. SunTrade (REC'D)
22. CAMeo Cheryl (REC'D)
23. notinkansas (REC'D)
24. suzyq (REC'D)

Last edited by Pochadiva; 05-23-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
KaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoastKaleidescopeI's is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 86/100%
Awesome, that is a great template and I am the first one to sign up...yippee!!

If we haven't traded recently, please PM me for my new address.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Officially ATC obsessed

My Mood:
Pochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forumsPochadiva clearly spends too much time on the forums
Originally Posted by KaleidescopeI's View Post
Awesome, that is a great template and I am the first one to sign up...yippee!!
KaleiscopeI's you are so in and I'm thrilled to have you. Hope we can snag some more "drivers" today!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 AM
I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.

jazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them alljazzie is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 225/100%
Dudette,
I'm in! We had a dusty aqua '63 for thirty years and I just bought new towels because they were the same color as our old Bug.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Mixed media MAD

Karlz is a friendly and kind soulKarlz is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 7/100%
Love it.. wont join up just yet but if i get my other things done I just might
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Mistress of Mischief

My Mood:
TF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forumsTF Balding clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 1050/100%
I'm terrible with these mixed media projects, but i love to watch the art that's created. I'm officially lurking!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Officially ATC obsessed

My Mood:
Originally Posted by jazzie View Post
Dudette,
I'm in! We had a dusty aqua '63 for thirty years and I just bought new towels because they were the same color as our old Bug.
Awesome! I would have had mine longer but it kept getting stolen! Thanks for joining.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Officially ATC obsessed

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Karlz View Post
Love it.. wont join up just yet but if i get my other things done I just might
Here's hoping you can fit it in Karlz!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Officially ATC obsessed

My Mood:
Originally Posted by TF Balding View Post
I'm terrible with these mixed media projects, but i love to watch the art that's created. I'm officially lurking!
Hey there TF. Just use two types of drawing and painting media and you meet the criteria!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 AM
plays with color and texture

My Mood:
NancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with allNancyL has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 1144/100%
Please add me. I like old bugs, too. You're right the new ones just aren't the same. Mine was black and I was the second owner. It did have a little hole in the floorboard and you could actually see the street.
I tried the link to a template and it didn't work. Its late here....10:30 almost...but I am well-rested and staying up some. Ican';t believe it but last Friday I broke a rib. Lots of sleep with my pain meds and lots of short term projects.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Really?

Heidi 2323 is a delightful artist to behold!Heidi 2323 is a delightful artist to behold!Heidi 2323 is a delightful artist to behold!Heidi 2323 is a delightful artist to behold!Heidi 2323 is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 18/100%
I love it. Please count me in.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM
You can't get any higher than this

My Mood:
monarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of artmonarch eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 2198/100%
Thanks for the invite..........I printed the template but mine measures out to about 6 x 2 1/2......not the right size I'll be thinking about this swap......
Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Last edited by monarch; 03-15-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
it is what it is

notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!notinkansas is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 820/100%
offically lurking...sounds like fun!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
ATC Guru

Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 275/100%
I'm enjoying these template swaps too! I'm going to hang out for now since it's unlimited and I have two projects I want to get finished before I jump into anything else. Can't wait to see what everyone does!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
a thousand petals, a thousand paths

My Mood:
bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)bluelotusflower is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 335/100%
How cool is this? I never owed a bug but I did have a VW bus. Does that count as the proper vehicle to drive down memory lane?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Art is your fate, don't debate.

My Mood:
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 253/100%
I love buggies!!! I want to try this, so please sign me up!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
sallyannart is on the road to famesallyannart is on the road to famesallyannart is on the road to famesallyannart is on the road to famesallyannart is on the road to famesallyannart is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 209/100%
My first car was a red '68 VW bug. I loved it! Having some issues opening the template, though. Do you have it in another format? In the process of selling my house, so I'm not ready to commit just yet. Thanks so much for including me in your invites!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Happy in Maine

Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!Maineatc is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 717/100%
I remember my first ride in a VW-1963!!! Please sign me up for this fun swap. Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Lock me away with my paints and a brush

My Mood:
kris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant futurekris10satcs has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 147/100%
Oh, poo! I was trying not to sign up for any more swaps, but this one is irresistable! And, so far, I've only swapped atcs, so this will be fun to do a litttle bit bigger art. So, I'm in, Bonnie!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
for those who love, time is eternity

My Mood:
JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)JavaZarf is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 208/100%
lurking
i never had one
but my boyfriend did ...... yada yada yada

Tags
love bug, volkswagen, vw beetle, vw bug, vw sedan