Swap Due Date - May 21st
Sign up/withdrawal date - none, just let me know if you need to withdraw…communication is the key!
Number of Items - 3:3
Number of participants - unlimited
“Mixed Media Voluptuous VolksWagens and Beautiful Beetles Swap”
I’ve so thoroughly enjoyed the template swaps I’ve been involved in i.e. Malicious Fish and Easy Ornaments that I’ve been itching to join the party and present my very own slant on this type of mail art project. Being a child of the ‘60’s has compelled me to return to my roots and drum up fantasies of fanciful VW Bugs. I have such fond memories of my youth, tooling around in my white ’64 VW bug. I think you’ll agree that the possibilities are endless. amyfaerie and grrrdjules have so generously given me permission to use the instructions lifted from there awesome Bird and Malicious mail art swaps for my mail art endeavor. Is that cool or what? I thank you Jules and Amy for your benevolence!
As you know, these make wonderful garlands and mobiles . . . or individual ornaments. They are delightful works of art that can be displayed, admired and shared to your little heart’s content.
Do read EVERY guideline and suggestion before signing up for this swap.
The VW template is made by me and when it's printed and cut out, the VW should be around 7.5 inches long and 3.5 inches high.
Players should keep the following things in mind:
* VW’s should follow the attached template as close as possible. Do not punch holes in the sides, as we'll leave it up to each artist to hang his/her VW when he/she receives their returns.
* Please send the same amount of postage your package takes to get to me. * These VW’s should be MIXED MEDIA and demonstrate a variety of techniques. VW’s should NOT look like scrapbook pages, nor should scrapbook elements (beyond printed papers) be used in the creation of the VW. Please do not use stickers and chipboard designs on your bugs. I would like this swap to feature artwork and not craft type pieces. Think papers, paint, stamps, collage, drawing, embellishing, etc
* Layers, layers, and layers! The more elements and techniques used the better! However, if the bug displays your awesome drawing skills using more than one medium....you qualify!
* Please do your best work and show your talents. Only submit work you would enjoy receiving in return. Please don’t wait until the last minute and rush your bugs. No slapping together just to finish. There is no harm in withdrawing if you are running behind.
* Create your VW on a sturdy substrate. Make sure that the substrate is thick enough to stay stiff and flat if hung from a garland. Simple cardstock is not thick enough.
* Finish the backs of your artwork, even if it's just minimally (nice paper, or a paint wash, etc.) Include your name and user ID on the back of the VW plus any other info you want to share.
* I swap quality for quality. If an artist makes a bug that is slapdash, poorly constructed, sloppily executed, off theme, or that do not have comparable art in this swap, it can create problems for me when swapping. I reserve the right to contact the artist to make arrangements for re-doing or returning sub-par art.
* No assembly line or close copies--each VW should be unique and different.
* Do make sure that you only use the template provided. You may embellish on top and around the edges however.
* Please mail on time. If you do not communicate and do not send your VW’s you will receive neutral itrader.
* If your VW has danglies etc. please place your bug in a baggie or a folded piece of paper - no taping!
* Remember to send adequate postage AND a clearly-printed, accurate large return address label. I will do my best to reuse envelopes that are sent to me--players do NOT have to supply a return envelope.
* Just so everyone knows...Don't worry about which direction your vdubs are headed. I don't think anyone will mind which way they are going!
It would be helpful if you included TWO small return name and address labels – but if not no worries. I will cover the international players but this one can get a little pricey so postage would really help.
There's a template attached here as well as a sample VW to give you a few ideas! Now, who is up for a blast from the past? (I don’t count the modern Beetles…just not the same) Calling all drivers!
Click on the thumbnail below to print out the template and print it out in a landscape orientation. Rightclick on the template in the window and click print actual size. Hope that works! It worked for me.
Tell you what everyone, if this is giving you fits and you can't seem to get the template to print to the right size, I will send one to you in the mail. Just pm me and I'll help you out. I had no idea it could be complicated but I'm willing to help rectify this situation as I am hearing back from some that the printouts aren't actual size. I received this tip from ICraft:
I clicked on the middle VW bug pic and it opened the attachment, then I pressed Ctrl and P on the keyboard and it printed in just the correct size. Good luck to others with the printing I know I've had trouble in other swaps with it not printing the correct size so I guess it's just an ongoing issue we all have to work through - I think I just got super lucky today.
Remember, the template should be about 7.5" by 3.5".
1. KaleidescopeI’s (REC'D)
3. Kris10satcs (REC'D)
4. Maineatc (REC'D)
5. Phoenix (WITHDREW)
6. Heidi 2323 (REC'D)
7. Teale (REC'D)
8. Debbapeot (WITHDREW)
9. RachelMarie (WITHDREW)
10. Sassynebrasky (WITHDREW)
11. sainteve (REC'D)
12. Helene (REC'D)
13. ArtDuJunque (REC'D)
14. MelanieS (REC'D)
15. kayart (REC'D)
16. PAMI (REC'D)
17. theweavershand (REC'D)
18. artwhims (REC'D)
19. Shawnicaitlin (REC'D)
20. monarch (REC'D)
21. SunTrade (REC'D)
22. CAMeo Cheryl (REC'D)
23. notinkansas (REC'D)
24. suzyq (REC'D)