Can't Get Enough ~ Another Inchie House Swap
Swap Due Date
– August 15
Sign up by Date
- We Are Full!
Withdraw by Date:
Any time before the due date, just let me know! No cards and no communication may result in neutral iTrader.
Number of Inchies
- 6 for 6
- open, except for digital and photography.
Number of participants
: 50 We Are Full!
In Portland, tammybeck showed a few of us how to make these little treasures, and we quickly became hooked! Tammybeck is hosting the original version of this swap, but had so much interest that this second swap was born (with her permission).
**examples above are provided by: Tammybeck, Nanner, JoyFlower & Rogue Gal.
For this swap, you will create 6 Inchie Houses. These may be collage, hand drawn, painted, mixed media, etc., but please use some design elements to make it interesting so it's not just a colored card. Have fun and be creative! Doors, windows, and chimneys are wonderful, but not required.
*The base of each is one inchie (1x1)
*For the roof, use an inchie, cut in half on the diagonal
* Overlap the inchie behind the roof until the top corners of the inchie almost touch the diagonal edges of the roof (a gluestick works fine for adhering). I found it helpful to glue my roof to the inchie first, and then decorate so the design doesn't get covered in the overlap.
* Final height is about 1 and 1/2 inch from base to top of roof.
- Medium is open except for digital and photography (though you may create elements from your original photos)
- All inchies should be 1" x 1" on sturdy chipboard, cereal box type cardboard, etc. Small additional height allowed for the roof. These "inchies" will actually wind up being about 1 and 1/2 inches high from base to the top of the roof.
- All inchies should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- No heavy, overly thick or bulky embellishments, or obvious stickers.
- Please include your username and real name on the back of all cards, so I can leave itrader and your fellow builders can leave rep points.
- Originals only. No copies or prints.
- Please take time with your art. Submit inchies that you would be happy to get in return.
- Make sure inchies are well-glued and sealed, if necessary.
- This swap is 6 for 6 only. Extra inchies in this theme for the host are not required but would be cherished.
- I will try to swap out inchies "effort for effort" as best as I can, but you may receive a random inchie.
- If you need to withdraw, just let me know. Disappearing and failing to communicate may result in neutral iTrader.
Mailing and Postage:
- Please include your username & swap name on the back of all envelopes sent in. I host multiple swaps at a time and this helps me stay organized!
- International participants – Please include $1 or US stamps. If you cannot provide this just let me know and I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed label or piece of paper with your name and address on it. Please no bubble envelopes.
- US Participants – Please include a self addressed business size envelope (the long kind) with .45 cents postage (or one Forever stamp). If your inchies are very heavy or thick, please include an extra .20 cent stamp.
- When you are ready to mail, please PM me for my address
- When you receive your inchies from the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received inchies from. Everyone likes to know where their art ends up.
Please post pictures of your finished Inchies to the thread - we would all love to see them and be inspired!
1.) *JoyFlower - received
3.) *Jean - received
4.) *HHC - received
5.) .ArtsieMix - received
6.) *theweavershand - received
7.) *miloccpep - received
8.) .jaw - received
9.) *mariloupatch - received
10.) *Roadhousette - received
11.) *AnitaM - received
12.) *Charlie Brown - received
13.) *Evalila - received
14.) *Deedles - received
15.) *meredithu - received
16.) *grrrdjules - received
17.) *squirebear - received
19.) *Joss - received
20.) .Kanteachart - received
21.) *tammybeck - received
23.) *Go-Go Gadget Girl - received
25.) *Pochadiva - received
26.) *tomsmama - received
27.) *Maineatc - received
28.) .margoartist - received
29.) *tjs - received
30.) *nanner - received
31.) *messmaker - received
32.) *aznfg - received
33.) *artkeyologist - received
34.) *zandradee - received
35.) *oddbreed - received
36.) *jensaz - received
37.) *jessann - received
38.) .Spirit Soul - received
39.) *CherylS - received
40.) *PinkZombie - received
41.) *locatray - received
42.) *Kinuko - received
43.) *irva - received
44.) *sassy - received
45.) *Shawnicaitlin - received
46.) *knesi07 - received
47.) *suzie's Arts - received
48.) .Patti M - received
49.) *amyfaerie - received
50.) .goodmorningstarshine - received