Crew by Crew: A Swap for Sci-Fi Lovers (Due September 17)

AnnD

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Title: Crew by Crew: A Swap for Sci-Fi Lovers
Swap Due Date: Cards in my Hands by September 17
Signup / withdraw date: None, but please communicate
Number of cards: 6:6 or 12:12
Max # of participants: Unlimited
Media: HD/HP (mixed media work in the backgrounds is fine, but the focal point must be your original creation)

Crew by Crew: A Swap for Sci-Fi Lovers

I got the idea for this swap from Anonevyl’s Tea Set swap, in which each person creates one tea pot card and four tea cup cards and gets back the same, for a full tea set. I don’t care for tea, but I DO love sets, so I immediately thought of sci-fi crews!

Here’s the way this works:
  • Make one card for each crew member listed. Get back one card for each crew member listed.
  • Crew rosters are negotiable, but only by unanimous vote. For example, if everyone in the Star Trek: TOS group prefers Chekov to Sulu, I’ll change the crew list. If three people want to change and two don’t, the roster stays the same.
  • If you want to add a crew, post in the thread. If there appears to be interest, I’ll open a group. (For example, if someone wants to do minor characters on Star Trek: TNG, that’s totally cool by me, as long as there are several other people on board.)
  • Due to unforeseen circumstances that may cause individual artists to drop the swap, there is a possibility you will get MORE THAN ONE CARD from the SAME ARTIST. If you aren’t okay with that, please don’t sign up.

Note about portraits: Portraits are fun. There is nothing wrong with portraits. Consider how many amazing action scenes, props, and situations you’ve seen over the years, though, and consider this an opportunity to push yourself a little – if you want to - by integrating props and taking on whole scenes.

Rules of the Road

- All cards should be the standard size: 2.5” x 3.5”.
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- All cards must be original.
- Show off your talents. Send work that took time and care.
- Please don’t use hard, bulky embellishments, which upset postal machines.

Mailing & Postage
- When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
- Make sure your name and user name (at a minimum) appear on the back of the card.
- US Participants, include a SASE, business size, with enough postage to cover the mailing of your cards.
- I will cover the internationals, but please sent me a LARGE address label or self-addressed envelope.
- Please mail your cards early so they arrive on time.

Returns
- When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.

GROUPS:

Battlestar Galactica (the remake) - Swapped & mailed 9/14
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer, Gaius, and President Roslin (6 total ATCs)

1. ArtduJunque
2. miss
3. djl1050

The X-Files - Swapped & mailed 9/14
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Mulder, Scully, Skinner, X, Cancer Man, Krycek (6 total ATCs)

1. ReverieJJ
2. Kiddio55
3. AnnD
4. djl1050
5. HuenemeCowboy
6. JazzieJ

Star Trek: The Original Series - Swapped and mailed 9/17
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Uhura (6 total ATCs)

1. Evalila
2. SunTrade
3. OuttatheBlue
4. joes lines
5. cookiecrumb
6. LilacDragn

Star Trek: The Next Generation - swapped and mailed 9/18
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Picard, Riker, Worf, Data, Troi, Beverly Crusher (6 total ATCs)

1. Evalila
2. Kheelan
3. KentuckyDakota
4. alffly
5. debs913
6. HandDrawnViolist
7. LilacDragn
8. Sesshanach

Stargate SG-1 - Swapped and mailed 9/19
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: O’Neal, Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal’c, General Hammond, Dr. Frasier (6 total ATCs)

1. SunTrade
2. Jewels

Stargate Atlantis - Swapped and mailed 9/19
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Sheppard, Teyla, Dr. Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, Dr. Carson Beckett (6 total ATCs)

1. AnnD
2. BurningThirteen
3. Kheelan
4. thegrayisle
5. Jewels
6. amykins
7. garneteve

Firefly - Swapped and mailed 9/17
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Mal, Zoe, Wash, Jayne, Inara, Kaylee (6 total ATCs)

1. Mikesatc
2. debs913
3. thegrayisle
4. TangleHobbit
5. cookiecrumb
6. gypsy_at_heart

Farscape - swapped and mailed 9/18
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Crichton, D’Argo, Aeryn Sun, Zotoh Zhaan, Chiana, Rygel (6 total ATCs)

1. pixiecorpse
2. BurningThirteen
3. Phrixy
4. miss
5. alffly
6. goatgoddess

Dr. Who - swapped and mailed 9/18
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: 10th doctor, Rose, T.A.R.D.I.S., Dalek, Cyberman, Enemy of choice (6 total ATCs)

1. Phrixy
2. ArtDuJunque
3. Idolores
4. artsylikewhoa
5. amykins
6. goatgoddess
7. tennantten
8. purple_straws

Star Wars - Swapped and mailed 9/17
Make one ATC featuring each of the following: Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, R2 and C3PO (6 total ATCs)
1. KentuckyDakota
2. joes lines
3. Reverie JJ
4. pixiecorpse
5. HuenemeCowboy
6. steampunk1234

Last edited:
Who could refuse with an invite like that *mwah*
Mmmmm mulder! Can I get in on the xfiles and farscape please, and am I right in thinking that the list of names under the title of group is the cards we make 1 of each? Its been a long day locked in the book cupboard :D

Sign me for the X-Files crew, please! Am I supposed to pick a second one?
Oh and not to be to geeky-picky it's Uhura not Ahura lol

Me me! I want to join Star Trek TOS, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate SG-1!!!!

LOL (I have always been scared of pats!)

Wooooooooo!

Okay, I think I got everyone in the right place(s), but please correct me if I goofed!

ReverieJJ, good catch on Uhura! And you CAN join a second group if you like, but you certainly don't have to.

SunTrade, unfortunately, I can't let you sign up for three groups, only two. Which two would you like? (And believe me, I feel your pain: I want in everywhere!)

Idolores, I can start a Who group if enough people are interested, but you'll have to agree on which Doctor you want.

Is there any possibility for a Star Trek: Voyager group? *makes puppy eyes*
...As it is, I adore TOS almost as much, so I might come back to join that group ;)
But I'll hope and wait if there are some Voyager fen here to start a group with. :)

Wooooooooo!

Okay, I think I got everyone in the right place(s), but please correct me if I goofed!

ReverieJJ, good catch on Uhura! And you CAN join a second group if you like, but you certainly don't have to.

SunTrade, unfortunately, I can't let you sign up for three groups, only two. Which two would you like? (And believe me, I feel your pain: I want in everywhere!)

Idolores, I can start a Who group if enough people are interested, but you'll have to agree on which Doctor you want.

Darn! Make it star trek tos and stargate SG-1 then!

Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up! I'm really thinking the trucks will be done killing me by September...been so out of it lately o_0

But I really wanna play, so pretty please sign me up for SG:Atlantis [duh] and Next Gen?

Rock on! Welcome, welcome!

I will start a Dr. Who group, but you are going to have to sort out which Doctor, since that will obviously determine which companion and all the rest. (And hey, since you're in on the ground floor, you get to pick! Go you!)

Back
Top Bottom