ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 03-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Destroyer of Microns

My Mood:
art_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 592/100%
USK tip-ins ROUND THREE, Due June 15th

Swap Due Date - June 15, 2016
Number of Cards - 4:4 (one group) or 8:8 (two groups)
Number of participants - 8 groups of five players
Media - Hand Drawn / Hand Painted SPECIFIC MEASUREMENT 3 3/4 x 5
Drop Date - CAT swap no drops

USK (Moley) Tip-In Swap

This a CAT themed swap, drawing pages that can be mounted into an Urban Sketchbook. A USK is an accordion cardstock sketchbook. It is available on Amazon. com

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Sketch-B...ban+sketchbook

This sketchbook has a total of 18 pages, 10 one side, 8 on the other and can be displayed standing up.

In this swap you will make pages that the recipient can mount into their own USK.
The measurements of your artwork must be 3 x 5 . This is slightly smaller than the page it be mounted onto. The advantage of receiving pages to paste is that your precious moley won’t get lost or forgotten in transit. Pages are set to me and I will redistribute according to the group you’re assigned.

Artists will sign up into groups of 5. This is a CAT (Choose a theme) and you will offer to draw 4 images on the theme of your choosing. Special note, in CATs you cannot draw 4 identical cards, each should be unique.

Rules, Rules, Rules

Deadline is JUNE 15, 2016

This is hand drawn/hand painted ONLY swap. No embellishments please, your art should be flat.

Please work on quality paper, like cardstock or watercolor paper. Your pages need to measure 3 by 5 . Thin paper will wrinkle, bleed or distort when mounted by the receiving artists.

You can sign up for a maximum of two groups. Two groups equals making a total of 8 pieces of art. Your returns will be enough to fill one side of your USK.

Please mail your completed work so that is it secure. It will fit in a regular business sized envelope, but should be sandwiched between cardstock to prevent mangling in the post.

Please write your group number on your envelope.

Please include a LARGE return address label and two stamps for a return of 4 cards, 4 stamps if you are playing in two groups.

I will provide return envelopes.

I will cover returns for the first 5 internationals.

I HAVE A NEW ADDRESS. It has #242 in it. PM me for it if you do not have it.

Group One

1.KPinAK landscapes
2.Art_Junkie the secret life of Diatoms

3.Michelle81 ~ TBD
4.Miss ~ Monochrome portraits
5.Janina

Group Two

1.KPinAK Close up of flowers
2.Artkeyologist TBD
3.BekaH - whimsical women

4.Mcgilisj Cats
5.Artsylola TDB

Group Three

1.Artkeyologist TBD
2.Jainina ~ TDB
3.Art_Junkie ~ TBD
4.Deblit TBD
5.ArtsyLola TBD

Group Four

1.McGilisj - Birds
2.Deblit TBD
3. Miss - Sheep
4.Kwailin777 Birds

5.redplant lady

Group five
1.redplantlady
2.Theraputicart TBD
3. NotinKansas TBD
4.MissM ~ TBD

5.Coyote - flowers

Group six
1.Art 101 mountains
2. TherapeuticArt Kings and Queens
3.Angelmuz fairy tale creatures
4.Tandy ~ TBD
5.Pamitha

Group seven
1.Art 101 fantasy birds in fantastic colors
2.Tandy TBD
3.AngelMuz
4.flowergurl4eva whimsical flowers
5.Pamitha

Who wants to play?

Last edited by art_junkie; 06-15-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Look-on the mountains! The One who proclaims peace!

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2330/100%
I'm still really not sure I understand how the choose a theme works... :/ so I just tell you four things I will make and you put me in a group? Or do I pick one b theme and just make four different cards with that theme? Also, just curious as to why these are called tip-ins.. Sorry I'm so confused newbie to usks!

Last edited by BekaH; 03-27-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Destroyer of Microns

My Mood:
art_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with allart_junkie has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
HA! Let me tempt you:

A tip-in is a term used to describe an addition to a moley. Moleys are traditionally accordion books that make a round robin through a group of artists, each adding pages of art according to theme of the moley.

Pitfalls of moleys are they take forever (each artist gets a month to work on their section) and the danger of lamenting over a theme you aren’t interested in. And it can be expensive, costing $3 -$10 to each time you mail off the moley.

Chose-a -theme is your offer of what you want to draw.

In this swap you receive 4 cards, from people in your group. You will be able to paste them into a USK Sennlier Urban sketchbook. This sketchbook was selected because it has a heavy cardstock…sturdy for mounting, so the book can be displayed free-standing upright.

The size of the card is slightly smaller than the sketchbook page. This is to prevent page curling of the mounted artwork
Old 03-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 565/100%
I really want to join, but lately I have been really busy. I'm going to lurk for now and make sure I get cards done first. Then, once I have at least four done, I'll sign up. I've got a few books to fill!!
Old 03-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 406/100%
I'm so glad you're doing this again!!!

Please sign me up for two groups!!

I'll do zoomed in flowers as the theme for one of them.

The other theme is TBD. I'm experimenting with Cabinets of Curiosity, but we'll see how my experiments go before I commit to that one. Of course there's always Scotland, too--landscapes, castles, ruins, etc : -)
Old 03-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Have found lost temples but where are my keys?

My Mood:
artkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 157/100%
May I join 2 groups? Theme tba.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
BTW, any 2 groups you put me in is fine, especially if it means there's more "cross pollination," ie I'm not trading with the same 4 other people who also sign up first. Whatever's easiest for you, though, is fine with me.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Professional Soccer Mom

mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 797/100%
Ooh, please sign me up for 2 groups! First theme: Cats. Second theme: Birds. Is that too general?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Look-on the mountains! The One who proclaims peace!

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2330/100%
Ok, I would like to play. My theme is whimsical girls. :-) only one group please for now.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Destroyer of Microns

My Mood:
all updated, welcome all! Groups are mixed so people participating in two groups will get a mix of returns, which Karen referred to as "cross pollination."

Josie your themes are fine.

Last edited by art_junkie; 03-28-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Professional Soccer Mom

mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!mcgillisj should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Here's my first cat:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall..._1_cat_001.jpg
Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
michelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 170/100%
I lurked the last two rounds and I would love to give this a shot. I've done 4x6 pieces before so I'm pretty sure I can handle this size but will go with one group for now. Could I get in Group 1 theme TBD? I was thinking maybe something art nouveau or watercolor, depending on what my muse wants to allow me to do.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Professional Soccer Mom

Here's another cat:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall..._cat_2_001.jpg
Old 03-29-2016, 12:40 AM
Professional Soccer Mom

Here's cat #3:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...ip-in3_001.jpg

are these ok?
Old 03-29-2016, 02:51 AM
Just Singin' Polly Wolly JANOODLE all the day...

janina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 385/100%
OK... June deadline works for me... I'm in for 2 groups, I'll come back with my theme choices!!

Well, I hate to be picky but I'm a bit confused... is it 3 1/2 or 3 3/4? From the original swap to #2 then to MMH & now to #3 the size seems to fluctuate... I have always made mine 3 1/2... if I am wrong, please straighten me out once & for all... I really don't try to be a rebel, it's just my natural state!!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:01 AM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
Josie, those cats are great!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:52 AM
aspiring freak

My Mood:
miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!miss should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2012/100%
Can I be in group 1, please?
Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
michelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to allmichelle81 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 170/100%
Beautiful cats mcgillisj!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Destroyer of Microns

My Mood:
You know coming home after a icky work day and seeing Y'all is like a virtual bubble bath....*contented sigh*

Miss Josie your cats are lovely, but then having two of my own, how could I not be a fan?

Janina - you outed me. I posted two different dimensions on the USK! SO here is the definitive scoop: the pages in the USK book measure 3 7/8 by 5 13/16.

Both sizes that I have posted work. Either 3 1/2 by 5 3/4 -OR- 3 3/4 by 5 3/4.

I think that the important issue is that the tip-in pages are slightly smaller than the book pages. If the pages were the EXACT size when mounted the artwork would curl or fold.
Also a slightly smaller page gives you a margin to that you can pencil in credits of the card: IE The Cat Ain't Right by Art_Junkie.

I prefer the width of 3 3/4, because I like having the extra real estate to work with, but the 3 1/2 width works well. So I would say either is acceptable.

My apologies to everyone.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Just Singin' Polly Wolly JANOODLE all the day...

janina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forumsjanina clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 385/100%
AJ ... no apologies necessary, I knew the answer... I was just playing around, sometimes my humor isn't what I think it is!!!

Thanks for adding me to the list... my themes are "Circle Janoodles" & Butterflies