ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 1412/100%
SeARTle March 3 - 5, 2017

SeARTle 2017 will be held all day March 3, 4, 5 at Ramada Tukwila Southcenter, Seattle WA.
Registration is $110 to cover Art Room and $89.99 per night single or double. Hotel includes breakfast, airport and local shuttle, and microwave and fridge in every room.
Close to Southcenter Mall and easy off freeway access.

SeARTle BLOG is here.
SeARTle on Facebook is here

SeARTle REGISTRATION INFORMATION:

DATE & TIME:
3 Full Days! 8:00 am Friday March 3, 2017 through 9 pm Sunday March 5, 2017

Ramada Tukwila Southcenter, 15901 West Valley Hwy, Tukwila, Wa 98188 USA

EVENT REGISTRATION:
1) Please Complete the Official Registration Form
2) By completing payment and registration for SeARTle 2107, I fully understand and accept that all activities undertaken at SeARTle 2017 are at my own risk. Read our complete policies here.

3) Cost of SeARTle Registration:
Early Bird (by January 30, 1917) = $110.00
January 31 to Feb 14 = $120.00
Feb 14 to March 1 = $130.00
Fee covers the cost of the group meeting room (3 full days) supplies, and any administrative costs and miscellaneous expenses incurred.

Make your Payment here
NOTE: Your Paypal confirmation is your receipt.

Attendees:

HHC - Helen Campbell / Coordinator
EmpressDragon - Danial Powers
mlydon - Michelle Lydon
jfaskdown - Jennifer Downing
jaw - Julie Weisgerber
Cynthia Sillitoe
art_junkie - Ruth Morris
Cheryl Ann
Rogue Gal - Christine Hendry
amyfaerie - Amy Fair
Go Go Gadget Girl - Peggy

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...

Last edited by HHC; 01-31-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 PM

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!

SeARTle 2017 Hotel Information

8 am Friday March 3, 2017 through 9 pm Sunday March 5, 2017

15901 West Valley Hwy, Tukwila, Wa 98188 USA

Room Rates:

$ 89.99 for 1 King or 2 Queens per room, per night single or double occupancy.
All rates are subject to state and local taxes currently assessed at 12.4% plus $2 TPA assessment fee per room per night.

TO RESERVE:

Contact the Hotel directly at 425-226-1812 or toll free 1-800-544-9863. PLEASE make sure you let the front desk know it’s under the SeARTle Art Retreat Block. This will ensure you receive the quoted rate for this block AND, that your room is included in our block. We're required to have 10+ rooms so we get the art room rate. Reservations not made directly with the hotel cannot be included in the group block.

Hotel Amenities:
Bountiful breakfast, including 1 hot entrée each day
High speed wired and wireless internet access
Airport and local shuttles 24/7 (inlcudes to Light Rail and Southcenter Mall)
Business center and fax/copy services
Daily USA Today newspaper (Mon-Fri)
24/7 coffee station in lobby
Refrigerator and microwave in every room
Coffee maker, hair dryer and iron w/board in every room
Fitness center and sauna
Swimming pool and hot tub (seasonal)
On site restaurant with bar and lounge

Last edited by HHC; 10-03-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Old 09-09-2016, 08:07 AM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
mlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 87/100%
Subscribed! I would really like to go. I still owe a few people pieces!

But I have a relatively good excuse for being behind. The day I left last year, there was a law suit filed against me, so when I got home, they were trying to serve me papers. I work 6am to around 7 or 8pm so they weren't able to catch up with me until Friday, leaving me only a week to respond. After three tries, I finally found a lawyer for $5,000 to get me through the first hearing. Another lawyer wanted $20,000, so I considered myself lucky.

Why was I sued? Well, I hired a lawyer to handle my trademark for my bug spray. When it went through, I sent him a bottle with some pottery and his payment. He told me his girlfriend loved it. About eight months later, I asked him if he handled patents. He said no, and referred me to a firm he was associated with. Exactly one week later, he had papers filed for a new trademark on behalf of his girlfriend starting her own natural bug spray company. Nice, huh? I knew there wasn't much I could do about it - sue a lawyer? Yeah right. But one night, just over a year later, I had a moment and a couple of beers, and made a sarcastic comment on her Facebook business page. She created a whole Federal lawsuit over it, accusing me of stalking her, interfering with her business, all sorts of garbage. And of course, the boyfriend represented her, so it cost her essentially nothing. They demanded $15,000 in legal fees, to begin, then a to be determined amount for her emotional stress. For real. The judge disqualified the boyfriend, fortunately, and she couldn't find another lawyer. She had thirty days, initially, requested a two week extension, then missed that deadline. The judge issued an order that it was going to be dismissed in August, but at the last second she requested it be dismissed without prejudice, so she can reopen it at any point in the future.

That's my excuse for completely dropping the ball on a few pieces I owe. I'm really sorry.

When she got no satisfaction from the courts, she went to the EPA and reported me for selling an unregistered insect repellent. I'm trying to raise $14,000, give or take, for the fee alone. I'm waiting to hear what other documentation they'll need - studies conducted, toxicology reports, whatever. She managed to knock me out of business until 2018. Fortunately, the people at the EPA are being very cool. They sent me her letters. She's demanding they penalize me. Unreal. I have never met this woman, and the only time I've seen her in person was in court.

So please forgive me for jacking the thread slightly to explain. For obvious reasons, I haven't been able to say much about it on Facebook. (She had people take screen shots of my page to use against me!) I managed to do SeArtle for $500, and I'm hoping I can do the same thing for March because I had so much fun!!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 AM

My Mood:
My stars! You've had a time of it, Michelle. It's too bad that folks are so dishonest and unkind.

My goal is to keep it as inexpensive for everyone as I possibly can. Promise.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1382/100%
You know I'm packed.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Getting my mojo back

My Mood:
Genxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them allGenxster is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 228/100%
Subscribed! Hoping to make it in 2017, at the very least to make a day trip of it. Thanks in advance for all you do to make this happen!
Old 09-10-2016, 05:58 AM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
mlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
Thanks, Helen! The gathering was wonderful! I had the best time. I'm really looking forward to another weekend of laughing and arting with everyone. I'll find a deal on a flight, and whatever hotel works out will rock. Yay! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Be inspiring ... be kind ...

My Mood:
jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1078/100%
sneaking in to subscribe to the thread ...
Old 09-10-2016, 10:33 AM
We are all artists at heart.

My Mood:
jfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 190/100%
I'm interested again, hoping the dates work out for me.

Michelle, I can only imagine what you have gone through - hang in there, girl! Hope to sit next to you again.

Seeking Faith Art RAKs for a friend with cancer.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:01 AM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
Yes, that would be excellent! I'll bring the glue

And yes, I've never been involved in anything so dramatic. And expensive. It was all so surreal. (ok, I was arrested, once, and I made that way more dramatic than it had to be, haha. But I can laugh about it now..it turns out i have a real problem with handcuffs. Sort of. I know how to get out of them. Cops don't like that, at all, by the way.)

On the upside, I have more time for art making! Yay! I'm bummed I missed the Labor Day art-a-thon, but I hear there's another one in Halloween, and I love drawing zombies..

Last edited by mlydon; 09-11-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:14 AM
A Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing

My Mood:
lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 777/100%
You poor girl. Isn't our world full larceny, bad people, and those out to hurt you. Here's hoping you come out on top! Hang in there!
Old 09-12-2016, 12:32 AM
mixed-media artist

My Mood:
Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!Empress_Dragon is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 37/100%
Sw00t!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:55 AM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
Originally Posted by lilbad View Post
You poor girl. Isn't our world full larceny, bad people, and those out to hurt you. Here's hoping you come out on top! Hang in there!
Thanks! I'm over it - for every jerk, there's like 100 wonderful people, at least. Possibly more.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:45 PM
never enough time for art!

beth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 201/100%
Originally Posted by mlydon View Post
Thanks! I'm over it - for every jerk, there's like 100 wonderful people, at least. Possibly more.
I'm glad things are looking up. I will never, ever buy any other all natural bug spray just in case its hers! lol

Hope to see you in the spring!
Old 09-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Enjoying the moment

My Mood:
pschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant futurepschafe1 has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 262/100%
I am very interested, will have to see if the dates work out. I am subscribed to the thread. Thanks Helen.

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~Stella Adler
Old 09-13-2016, 04:11 PM

My Mood:
Would you please take the quick poll for me in the first post.

The date options are February 24-27, March 3-5, March 24-26, April 21-23

Thanks, everyone!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:43 PM
I can sleep when I'm dead!

Go-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 35/100%
I answered the poll. Hope I can make it this time around.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:54 PM

My Mood:
Thanks, Peggy!

Old 09-13-2016, 06:03 PM
We are all artists at heart.

My Mood:
jfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 190/100%
I responded to the poll, most are good for me, except the March 24 weekend...I'll be on a business trip.

Seeking Faith Art RAKs for a friend with cancer.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:12 PM

My Mood:
Thanks, Jenn!

Closed Thread

Tags
northwest afa, pacific northwest afa, seartle