ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1958/100%
Challenge Hunt (ATART) on September 25-28

This will be the official thread for Challenge Hunt (ATART) on September 25-29. We extended it: one more day!

List of the supplies you will need if you want to complete all the tasks:

book pages or a magazine or something similar
an eraser or potato or something you can carve
see the video and list what you need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ytnqGl1R94
playing cards
markers or orher pens
napkins
a photo (you need to cut it, sorry)
a camera (in a phone goes well)
one older ATC (you are not going to destroy it!)
cancelled stamps
drawing papers
a sharp black pen
a tool (any kind of you can use in making art)
glitter (loose or glue)
a stapler + staples
paints (any kind of) or ink
a (rubber) stamp + ink

I don't list any obvious items as normal papers, pens, scissors etc.

Sniisk is hosting and counting points. If you have questions, please put them in the thread. Answering PMs may take longer.

When this is over, I will mail three prizes to random players who have gotten at least 30 points . Something handmade this time.

Start times, on Sunday around midnight in NZ, it is Saturday evening in Europe and Saturday morning in the US. You can start when you see the tasks. This a-thon will end when Wednesday is turning to be Thursday on the last timezone = when it is midnight in GMT -10. I will inform about the time in the thread. How ever, you cannot start before you see the tasks so no need to stress about it .

Here are some tips about the tasks: A creation means anything that you make. It does not need to be an ATC if not specified in the task. Anything handmade goes well. Again, of course it is harder to trade cakes... Also, the media is free as long as not mentioned in the task. A card means an ATC, a chunky book page, an inchie or anything that can be called as a card.

Because we are creating different sizes and forms of art here, it may be useful to inform others if it is an ATC, inchie, chunky etc. so we know the size.

Very important: Mention the task (both the number and description so I won't miss it) you have completed when posting a picture. You can put max three tasks in one creation but remember to mention them all.

1 point per task if nothing else is told in the task. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.

If you do not understand a task, please ask. We all are happy to help.

TASKS ARE IN THE NEXT POST

And remember, of course you can join this a-thon even if you don't join the hunt!

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show....php?p=1148669

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

We moved again in May. Ask for a new address!

Last edited by sniisk; 09-28-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!
TASKS:

1) every day you post a new creation in the thread (1p/day = max 4p)
2) make a trade (up to 3 trades, 1p/trade = max 3p, name the trader)
3) use text page as a background of your card (you can draw, paint, collage, sew, stamp or what ever you want to do on it)
4) theme: months (1p/month, max 4p)
5) theme: Egypt
6) theme: zetti
7) paper art without scissors
8) theme: something special in the year when you were born
9) create something unusual with wings
10) carve your own stamp and use it in a card (2p)
11) use the gouache resist technique in your card (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ytnqGl1R94) (2p)
12) use a tea bag / it's cover in your creation
13) use found poetry (at least 6 words)
14) create a symbol/pattern/image which you use in three different creations (3p)
15) be encouraging and let someone feel like a queen in the thread (not the host) (2p)
16) illustrate your childhood memory
17) make an APC with a thing with wings / birdhouse / nest (1p/APC, max 3p)
18) drawn background with collage or vice versa
19) use SILVER or GOLD color in your art, no other colors except black/white as accent or outline
20) use in one creation at least three items you have received in a trade (papers, embellisments etc.)
21) use napkins in some form in your creation
22) an old thing becomes a new item (modify something) (2p)
23) theme: triangles / rectangles / circles (1p/card, max 3p)
24) theme: time before the social media
25) theme: mandala
26) theme: Moomins (use google if you haven't met them before )
27) steel someone else's idea from this thread and use it (2p)
28) use a photo as a part of your creations (no all digital)
29) give an art challenge in the thread
30) join a given art challenge (not your own, see task 29) (2p)
31) theme: falling leaves
32) theme: blue things
33) find an inspiring video from Youtube and share it (2p)
34) use blind drawing style (see examples in the gallery)
35) theme: stars & hearts (in one creation)
36) show & tell: take pics and show how you make a card (still images or a video) (3p)
37) find an ATC you have received in a trade and try to make very similar ATC (of course it doen't need be identical but recognizable, show both) (2p)
38) use three colors (no more, no less)
39) make an APC using a theme on somebodys Wishlist
40) dust off an old tool you haven't used in awhile and use it (show the tool also or at least tell what it is) (2p)
41) show & tell: your craft table / room / place where you make your cards this time (still images or a video) (3p)
42) theme: bugs and beetles
43) use an ugly postage stamp in your creation
44) give reputation points to five people (you don't need to tell who got them and don't need to photograph them)
45) mail a surprise (a RAK) to someone who has posted in the thread (not to the host) but do not mention the name (but show the RAK, of course) (3p)
46) zentangle / doodles as a part of a card
47) theme: witch
48) make something "artsy" in a garden / park / balcony / where ever it is possible (2p)
49) make a card with stained glass (no real glass needed, use your imagination)
50) theme: eye
51) make a card by using your favorite tool and show us the tool and tell how to use it (i.e. a heat gun, crop-a-dile, punch...) (2p) THIS CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH THE TASK 40
52) theme: vintage children
53) theme: mushroom
54) make a card with a technique that is unusual for you
55) use glitter in some form in your creation
56) theme: harvest
57) make a collage card but don't use glue or tape but use staples instead (2p)
58) make three different sizes of cards (inchie/twinchie/ATC/rolo/chunky) with the same theme (3p)
59) list three random words in one post ( no other text except this task number) THIS CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH THE TASK 29
60) make an ATC where you use three words from someone's post related to task 60) (you don't need to write the three words you use, it's enough you make a card where the words can be recognized) (2p)
61) make a beautiful envelope and use it when mailing one of your trades
62) use a rubber stamp you own but havent used yet
63) theme: pumpkins
64) abstract collage ATC
65) use up an item you hate and were thinking of giving away

1 point per task if nothing else is told in the task. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.

Last edited by sniisk; 09-24-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
Given challenges:
1. Get off the lurkers couch and join a swap in the open forum and make the 4 cards (one for host) for the joined swap during this Art a thon (given by CastleQueen5)
2. Create an artwork with the following:
* Letter "A" (starts with letter or letter hidden within the artwork)
* 5 (of something)
* Red
* Heart (given by Echo Paitsel)
3. Use inchie and twinchie on an ATC (given by miloccpep)
4. Create an atc (or inchie, moo, twinchie, chunky) in a theme that's difficult for you or a theme that you normally avoid (given by Kynara)
5. Create a card using 100% recycled materials (except adhesives, they can be new, although you could reuse some washi tape from trades) (given by smallgirl)
6. Create a Mexican Loteria card using a postage stamp relating to the card's theme or number (given by smallgirl)
7. Create a card inspired by your favourite childhood fairytale or book (given by smallgirl)
8. Do a form of art you have never done before such as a chunky, inchie, etc. (given by Smidgen)
9. Create a piece of art using heat (heat gun, craft iron, encaustic drawing tools, etc) (given by (mrubyjean)
10. Theme: Frida Kahlo (given by Jennifer)
11. Incorporate a weaving in your art--paper or fiber (given by dmnh)
12. Use a spirelli as part of your creation (given by Donnacr)
13. Revamp a card you have in your gallery no one asked for (given by Crafty3790)
14. Paint a red barn in watercolor (given by Seascape131)
15. Make a card that has movement (given by Strivaria)
16. "In the style of"...create a card in the style of an artist you particularly admire (given by theweavershand)
17. Make something with a silhouette on it (Given by Lalka)

Words for the task #60:
sparkle, monster, baby (given by chaosatlanta)
house, green, sunflower (given by CastleQueen5)
rain, sea, boat (given by miloccpep)
spaceship - cat - coffeepot (given by Kynara)
candle, bees, pecan (given by Lalka)
live, happy, enjoy (given by Crafty3790)
halloween, purple, tree (given by Evalila)
cat, bathtub, airplane (given by Smidgen)
smile, spiral, silhouette (given by (mrubyjean)
create, believe, dreams (given by Jennifer)
cats music blue (given by Donnacr)
yellow crocodile hedgehog (given by dmnh)
porcupine, desert, heart (given by smallgirl)
rainbow, nature, magic (given by Echo Paitsel)
pink, butterfly, swirls (given by Suze)
cat, boat, fish (given by theweavershand)
owl, heart, clock (given by LucyMc)
fairy, pumpkin, dream (given by BekaH)

Given links to videos by other players:
Making Mail video (given by smallgirl)
Inktense Fall Flowers painting demonstration w/ Lachri (given by Kynara)
Cat Hand (given by pennydoodles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIFfwLeV88 (given by Evalila)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m41QZkDru9o (given by miloccpep)
https://youtu.be/DKTavAV1Cdk (given by Jennifer)
https://youtu.be/PPq4IvvFo1c (given by Smidgen)
Linda Israel scrappy backgrounds (given by CastleQueen5)
mixed media scrap monster (given by CastleQueen5)
scrap monsters (given by CastleQueen5)
https://youtu.be/e0CIxW8owvU (given by BekaH)
https://youtu.be/4WK8X6KMq6k (given by Echo Paitsel)
video (given by Seascape131)

FAQ:

(if needed)

Last edited by sniisk; 09-30-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Things can only get better.....

My Mood:
Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 2405/100%
I´ll try to play

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de
Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Paper Folder

My Mood:
miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 879/100%
I will try to play too.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:23 PM
ATC Witchery

My Mood:
wolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant futurewolfpax3 has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 253/100%
Will be working, but will lurk if I get time to see the fun!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1387/100%
Looking forward to it!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Chronic paper-cut sufferer

My Mood:
Allegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with allAllegrae has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 1392/100%
Bookmarking!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Have found lost temples but where are my keys?

My Mood:
artkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them allartkeyologist is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 158/100%
I'll try to play too! Sounds like fun!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
pennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpennydoodles is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 114/100%
I will be lurking ........
Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 PM
visual poet

My Mood:
dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 919/100%
Hopefully I will be back home by then. If I am home I will play. Thanks for the invite Sanna!
“Don’t worry about whether or not what you’re making is great art, just finish the work. Let other people argue about whether or not it’s any good. While they’re busy arguing, make more art.” Andy Warhol

Be good to one another. It matters!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:48 PM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1644/100%
I will play for sure. I was just wondering if there were anymore A thons coming up.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Art Newbie Alessandra

My Mood:
Alessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them allAlessandra is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 202/100%
Hey everybody!!! I am for this one... I missed you all very much...
Old 09-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 1412/100%
Checking in. I probably won't be doing the tasks, but may be able to create some art to share.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...
Old 09-13-2016, 04:26 PM
making inchies ...

My Mood:
chaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them allchaosatlanta is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 209/100%
Thanks for the invite! I've marked my calendar and should have time to play a bit.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:36 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2218/100%
On the calendar and ready to start (on my husband's birthday but he won't mind as long as he gets a cake).
I actually have access to resources this Challenge - it's SO nice to be back in Australia!!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:39 AM
Crafty Witch in Training

RaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastRaeK75 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 153/100%
This sounds fun! Bookmarking
Old 09-14-2016, 06:13 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
LucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobahLucyMc is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 399/100%
I'm here and eager, just hoping I have enough time!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
Welcome all . Sorry I had to choose a bit weird days but my little one is having her birthday on the weekend after this a-thon and my mother-in-law will stay here that week. It means that I will have way more free time during those days until that birthday happening will take all my time.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:10 PM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
My list of tasks is almost ready. If you want to suggest some tasks, feel free to send a PM and I'll add some of them to the list.

Closed Thread