Swap Due Date
- 1st December
- 21st November or until full
Number of Cards
- 3 for 3
Number of participants
- 12 (it's my first swap)
First, what is a tomte (or tomten or nisse or nisser or jultomten)?
Simply put a mythological, Scandinavian sprite who generally is found on a farm. they are short in stature (not above 3 foot) have a red pixie/pointed hat on their head and traditionally wear ragged clothes in dull colours like navy or grey. They also tend to have long bushy beards, often white. They are a little like a christmas gnome I suppose.
What should my card contain?
A tomte. It’s that simple. You can put your tomte in a farm, with a goat, out in a winter scene, with a deer, asleep in a tree…..whatever inspires you! They can be realistic, whimsical, closeups of faces or a landscape scene with a tiny tomten in the distance (we’ll know him by his red hat).
Here is a pinterest board of images to inspire you…..
1. All cards must be hand drawn or hand painted, and they must be flat with no embellishments.
2. Cards must be correctly sized with straight edges 2.5 x 3.5 inches, make sure that they are neither flimsy, or extra thick.
3. Cards must be fully drawn or coloured in some way (no 'blank card' backgrounds- but the card 'background' with snowflakes drawn on it would be fine).
4. Please include your username, real name and the swap name on the back of your cards.
5. Host cards are not required but will be treasured should you wish to include one.
1. The due date is 1st December as I hope to get returns back to players in time for Christmas. Please be mindful that I am in the UK so allow plenty of time for posting to me. Any late cards will be returned to senders.
2. Please pm me when you are ready for my address to send your cards.
3. Please package your cards carefully to ensure they reach me undamaged. I will need a large return address label from you but I will supply envelopes.
4. UK players please send either a first or second class stamp for return postage.
5. International players please send either $2 USA or contact me to pay via paypal.
Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from! I've pasted a link to player's first posts to make it easy to leave you rock points.
link to post http://http://www.atcsforall.com/for...64&postcount=2
link to post http://http://www.atcsforall.com/for...81&postcount=4
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...5&postcount=12
4. Joyflower link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...7&postcount=13
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...3&postcount=14
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...7&postcount=22
7. Pat J
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...3&postcount=42
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...6&postcount=41
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...6&postcount=62
link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...1&postcount=68
link to posthttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...4&postcount=85
12. Iridescent888 link to post http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...9&postcount=89
Some Links about Tomten: