ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 01-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Look-on the mountains! The One who proclaims peace!

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2220/100%
Smile Painted Tea Bags OPEN THEME - April 6, 2017

Swap Due Date - April 6, 2017
Signup/withdraw date - None, just COMMUNICATE
Number of Tea Bags - 3:3
Number of participants - UNLIMITED
Medium - PAINT. (Watercolor, gouache, acrylic, oils)
Theme - OPEN (you choose)

The theme for this swap is OPEN. You choose! The above dragonfly is painted by me and there are quite a few painted tea bags that have been posted to the gallery, as well as an MMH devoted to painting tea bags.

TIPS

Preparing your tea bags is easy...just soak a couple overnight (or for a few hrs) in boiling water and then the next morning lay them out on a tray or plate in the sun until they dry out completely. Then you can empty the leaves out carefully and you are ready to gesso the surface or just start painting!

When you finish your painting you should mail it out either mounted on a thicker piece of paper like card stock or protected by a plastic sleeve.

RULES / REQUIREMENTS (Please read)

*Please include something with each tea bag that tells your name, AFA username, date and swap details. If you include an atc blank with your tea bag, you can put your details on the back, or in the above example, i jotted my info inside the tag.

*PLEASE DO NOT PUT TAPE OR GLUE ON YOUR TEA BAGS. PLEASE PUT THEM IN AN ATC SLEEVE WITH A BLANK ATC (OR CARDSTOCK) WITH YOUR DETAILS ON IT, AND INSTEAD, JUST TAPE THE SLEEVE CLOSED ON THE END

*Please include appropriate return postage. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return.

* Best work only please. I try my best to swap effort for effort. Please only send in art you'd be happy to receive

* Please sign up by posting to this thread ONLY, NOT through a PM

* No problem if you have to drop out, but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader... I HATE to do this, but it's only fair to the participants who DO turn in cards on time.

* Each card (tea bag) should be sent in its own plastic sleeve. I CANNOT stress this enough.

* Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards. We can't leave Rep Points if we don't know who you are.

* Please make sure to package your cards to where they arrive safely and undamaged. You would not believe the number of envelopes I have received with sides or tops torn (and this is in individual trades!)

* Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on.

* USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

* If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate return postage.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. If cards are not in my hands by April 6, they will be returned to you, using your stamped envelope. I am in TN. If you are in doubt of how long it will take you to get your cards to me, I advise to mail at least 14 days ahead of time.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address.

* Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated.

****MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun!

PARTICIPANTS:

1. TrinaLD
2. Gemininorn
3. Eggmontekey
4. Smidgen
5. Kentuckydakota
6. An. M. Sudyka
7. Shawnicaitlin
8. Aaeshelman
9. Fandanie
10. Knorman000
11. Rosa
12. Moonrose442
13. Megan457
14. Kfaye

*Names of players in colors are those I have received cards from.
"Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news, who proclaims peace!" -Nahum 1:15

Last edited by BekaH; 03-23-2017 at 09:27 PM. Reason: altered huge image size
Old 01-20-2017, 11:52 AM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 312/100%
I will give this another go. My first attempt for a swap last year went nowhere, but this is a new year.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:24 PM

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
TrinaLD - I really think you will enjoy this. And there's still plenty of time! I'll put you on the list.
"Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news, who proclaims peace!" -Nahum 1:15
Old 01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Living in interesting times...

My Mood:
Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)Gemininorn is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 201/100%
Hi, Beka. When I saw you on the mmh teabag swap I was already thinking you might get hooked on these
Please sign me up.
Since you asked that international participants let you know about return postage, I usually conceal dollars in the envelopes I send to the hosts, I hope that will be fine for you.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Every Child Has Originality

My Mood:
Echo Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 184/100%
I am caught up on all of my trades and swaps so yes, I'm in!
Old 01-20-2017, 05:31 PM

My Mood:
Gemininorn and Echo Paitsel - welcome! Yay!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:55 AM

My Mood:
Just some inspiration --

(artist - smidgen)

(Artist- gemininorn)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:26 PM

My Mood:
Echo Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant future
Great cards from gemininorn and smidgen!
Old 01-21-2017, 12:27 PM

My Mood:
Question

Some herbal tea doesn't have a tag and string. Are those ok too?
Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM

My Mood:
Echo - that is fine i know what you're talking about!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:26 PM

My Mood:
Great!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 PM

My Mood:
Need more players! Get the word out!
Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Daydreamer

My Mood:
Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!Indigo is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 37/100%
This looks very interesting!
Lurking for now...
Old 01-22-2017, 09:53 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
Eggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobahEggmontekey is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 89/100%
Add me please
Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!ann_stebbing is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 66/100%
English tea is quite strong and would leave the t-bag very dark. Would it be OK to empty the leaves out, then wet and dry the t-bag before painting?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:29 PM

My Mood:
Indigo - would love to have you. Hope you decide to play!

Eggmontekey - love your art! Pleasure to have you!

Annstebbing - that is fine! You don't even have to wet the tea bag if you're emptying the tea - i think the biggest concept here is painting on a different surface for the experience
Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 PM

My Mood:
OK PLEASE NOTE I AM CHANGING THE RULES A BIT. PLEASE DO NOT PUT TAPE OR GLUE ON YOUR TEA BAGS. PLEASE PUT THEM IN AN ATC SLEEVE WITH A BLANK ATC (OR CARDSTOCK) WITH YOUR DETAILS ON IT, AND INSTEAD, JUST TAPE THE SLEEVE CLOSED ON THE END. I WILL UPDATE THE SWAP DETAILS!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Diligent Artist

Smidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 81/100%
Sign me up please!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Diligent Artist

Smidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 81/100%
Indigo, you can also only leave your bag in the water for 3 minutes. That is what I do and then have a cup of tea from your teabag.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 PM

My Mood:
Yea - i don't do it overnight. Yes you can definitely enjoy the tea from the tea bag - no reason to waste it, if you like tea, that is

Welcome SMIDGEN!

Tags
mail art, open theme, paint, tea, tea bags