ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 10:50 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
Talking APRIL Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Deadline to sign up: April 7 (We are now closed to new sign ups. Catch us next month)
Mail out (try to mail by this date): April 22
Deadline to mail out: April 30
Open Theme
Open Medium on 5x7 canvas board

This is a quick turnaround paired partner swap! But, since this a monthly activity, you could plan ahead in your mind or even create some canvases up for the future to then chose from. Just a thought.

Rules, rules, everyone likes rules....Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I'd like to play". If you participated in the previous month's canvas board trade, you will not be allowed to sign up for this months trade until you have mailed your canvas for the previous month. Once the partners list is posted, there is no withdrawing. In order to participate you must have no negative iTraders in the past 6 months, and no neutral iTrader in the past 3 months.

Partners will be posted on April 7th just after midnight (going into early AM the 8th my time). It’ll be your responsibility to PM your partner for their address. Theme will be up to the artist but I suggest looking at your partners profile to try to avoid themes they don't like.

Due Dates: Try to mail your canvas to your partner by April 22nd. We would like them to start arriving before months end so we can oooh and aaah at them without overlapping too much into the next month. Otherwise, it should be postal by April 30th. There needs to be communication if this becomes not possible or a negative iTrader may be received.

*When you receive your canvas please post a picture here in the thread so we all can admire it.* (this is very important )

The canvas board: Your art must be created on a 5x7 Canvas Art Board. You can find these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Dick Blick, etc. Coat your finished canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to protect it during it's journey. I suggest more than one coat. I personally, for example, use several coats of Golden brand Polymer Varnish with UVLS (UltraViolet Light Stabilizers) or the comparable Liquitex brand.

Mailing: The canvases may be mailed out "Naked" or in an envelope. Some of the canvases have been getting scratched in the mail. Some like the thrill or the economy of mailing their canvas naked and they may still do so. Others who decide they would prefer to mail their canvas in an envelope may do so. That decision will be left to the players. If you are an international player or your partner is an international player it is advisable to send it in an envelope or box.

Do not post a pic of your canvas until your partner receives it!

iTrader: Please leave iTrader points! Positive experience = positive iTrader points! If your partner disappears, please leave negative iTrader points. And remember, please, leave iTrader points ONLY for your trading partner, not for me the host.

Who's in:

1. CiCiCreates
2. KPinAK
3. OldsLady1992
4. Fandanie
5. jo.on.the.go
6. Seascape131
7. livia
8. Monroy28
9. debs913
10. ruthe
11. plumhill2001
12. valerie416

People willing to do a second board (be assigned to two partners) in case of an odd number of participants:

Fandanie (thanks Fandanie)

The partner pairings:
(r)=canvas received by participant
(m)= participant has indicated in the thread that they have mailed their canvas

KPinAK (m)(r) - Monroy28 (r)
OldsLady1992 (r) - plumhill2001 (r)
valerie416 (r) - livia (r)
Seascape131 (m) - Fandanie
debs913 (r) - CiCiCreates (r)
jo.on.the.go (r) - ruthe (r)

Last edited by nightowl_too; 05-04-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:01 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 597/100%
Ok, me please.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 PM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 422/100%
Woohoo! Sign me up!
Old 04-01-2017, 05:34 AM
Buddy Loves Watahcolahs

My Mood:
OldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with allOldsLady1992 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 283/100%
Please sign me up!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:26 AM
ATC Virtuoso

Fandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 539/100%
Please sign me up too
Old 04-01-2017, 10:27 AM
ATC Virtuoso

Fandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forumsFandanie clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 539/100%
I'll do two if needed
Old 04-01-2017, 11:35 AM
going, going, always going: Home from Rapa Nui

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1372/100%
me, too
Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 523/100%
I would love, love, love, to join the swap!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:49 PM
ATC Virtuoso

livia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 324/100%
Please sign me up
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Scribble, paint, cut, paste, repeat...

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 232/100%
I may sit this one out. I'm staying with my daughter and her family until Friday the 7th. I've got strep, and I'm waiting for my apartment building to be cleared of bedbugs for the second time in 5 months! So, I'm not sure I'll be feeling like painting or that it will be convenient. But I'll be keeping an eye on you guys! Have fun!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:24 PM
aka CandysCorner

My Mood:
Monroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 243/100%
I would like to play please
Old 04-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1635/100%
Me too!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:14 PM

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Let it be said that it IS POSSIBLE to do a watercolor on a canvas board. I just did it. I put a fairly thick layer of white acrylic paint over the canvas so that the texture was pretty much obscured. Then I used watercolors (pencils) to paint. The color isn't exactly absorbed, so if you make a mistake you can wipe it away if what was just painted hasn't dried. My creation may or may not go to the person who gets my name. Let's just say that this looks more like my usual style but without the black micron lines, which just didn't "take" on the white acrylic background.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:26 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
Jo, thanks so much for the tips about watercolor on a canvas board! I would have had no idea how to go about it.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:37 PM

My Mood:
I just faked it.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:49 PM
ATC Guru

Hey, at least you tried, and got some answers.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 AM

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Welcome back and welcome newcomers! Glad to see you all joining up again

Regarding watercoloring on canvas, or any other surface for that matter...there is a product called watercolor ground. You can google it for more info. It's used to prep your surface for watercolor, kind of like gesso only it is for watercoloring. I have used it in the past for these canvases. It does work but it is not the same as using watercolor paper. I've also watercolored on the boards marketed for watercolor....the watercolor canvas boards sold at Hobby Lobby. Again, it does work with watercolor, but it certainly is not the same as the watercolor paper.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:41 AM

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Fandanie View Post
I'll do two if needed
Thanks Fandanie!
Old 04-04-2017, 12:58 AM
ATC Guru

Great info, Nightowl too!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1635/100%
Jo- there are acrylic "pens" available that you can fill with acrylic paint. I use them sometimes for drawing black lines...not quite Microns, but might be handy for you and once the lines dry they would be watercolor resistant
Closed Thread