ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 04-16-2017, 04:08 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 599/100%
JAPANESE KIMONO ATC, Open Media, Due June 12

DUE DATE: June 12
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: June 6
NUMBER OF CARDS: 3 for 3
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: Unlimited
MEDIA: OPEN - Collage, mixed media, fabric, rubber stamping, metallic and glitter pens, origami, hand-drawn and hand-painted with pencils, inks, and paints.
NO stickers or loose glitter, photography, or digital

Pinterest and Google Images show stunning examples of this elegant garment. They are traditionally made of silks in bright jewel-tone colors or soft pastels. Considered true works of art, they are delicately painted or embroidered in stylized designs. Usually photographed from the back, that is how I would like to see most of the cards done (samples below). However, I don't want to be too limiting, because some origami patterns show the finished kimono from the front, and it would be great to see origami designs in this swap.

The media is open, so almost anything goes, including vibrant hand-drawn and hand-painted images, kimono shapes made of fabric with tiny embroidered motifs, etc. Just a few rules: No stickers or glued on glitter (glitter pens or paints are fine), and this swap is for the kimono only, no lady wearing it. Also, no cut kimono shapes, unless they're glued onto an ATC card background, all cards should be 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" size, straight cut edges.

Simple shape examples and finished card samples are posted below. Typical Japanese motifs include cherry blossoms, peonies and mums, Japanese Maple, iris, flying cranes, fans, goldfish, butterflies, and swallows. Please enjoy creating your own beautiful kimono designs, and show us pictures if you like!

GUIDELINES FOR CARDS:

* Please sign up on this thread only, not via PM, and if you need to drop out, please let me know in time. LATE CARDS AND NO COMMUNICATION IS INVITING NEUTRAL ITRADER.
* Be sure to put your best work into each card, and I will try to swap effort for effort. If there is a media you would rather not receive, just send me a PM, and I will try to honor that. Host cards are not necessary but always appreciated!
* Use only standard accepted measurements for ATCs, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2". Be sure cards are sturdy enough, they shouldn't be flimsy or bend easily into a U-shape.
* Please send each card in its own plastic sleeve, and secure safely inside the envelope (painter's tape or Washi tape works well).
* On the back of each card, please include the swap name, your username, and your real name.

GUIDELINES FOR MAILING:

* When your cards are ready to mail, please PM me for my address. Returns will be mailed a few days following due date, so DO ALLOW ENOUGH TIME IN MAILING YOUR CARDS. Please allow at least 8 days to be safe, International more like 14 days.
* U.S. players, please clearly write or type your address on a large mailing label or piece of paper. Include one Forever stamp, and I will provide envelopes.
* International players, please clearly write or type your address on a large mailing label or piece of papers. Include a well-concealed U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp, and I will provide envelopes.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give "You Rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Player List:

1. Sillylily41 - RECEIVED
2. WITHDRAWN
3. Ann stebbing (FRANCE) - RECEIVED
4. JoyceG - RECEIVED
5. Ornamentations - RECEIVED
6. Electricdesigner (UK) - RECEIVED
7. BalloonLady - RECEIVED
8. Canadarosebud (CANADA) - RECEIVED
9. Spineofafish - RECEIVED
10. BlancoLobo - RECEIVED
11. kfaye - RECEIVED
12. Bluesky - RECEIVED

Last edited by CiCiCreates; 06-19-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:38 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
The above cards are by me, made with watercolors. This one was done with fabric and embroidery, with a clear sealant applied.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:12 AM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
Lurking
Old 04-17-2017, 12:12 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
sillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobahsillylily41 is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 105/100%
I would love to be included
Old 04-17-2017, 12:33 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome, sillylily, and I am happy to have you lurk, bluesky. Maybe you can sign up soon.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 PM
Caperucita_Roja

My Mood:
Caperucita Roja is a friendly and kind soulCaperucita Roja is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 6/100%
Hello. May I join your swap?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 PM
ATC Guru

Happy to have you here, Caperucita Roja! Signing you up now.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 AM
ATC Guru

"Cherry blossoms are a Spring design and kimonos with cherry blossoms should be worn when they are in full bloom. For Winter, one might choose snow scenes or plum blossoms. Representative Summer and Fall designs are ocean waves and red maple leaves." - from THE BOOK OF KIMONO by Norio Yamanako
Old 04-20-2017, 07:26 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)ann_stebbing is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 280/100%
Me please! I'd love to play.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 AM
ATC Guru

Welcome, Ann stebbing!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Love ATC cards

JoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 61/100%
Sign me up!!!

Thanks!!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome to the swap, signing you up now!

Last edited by CiCiCreates; 04-20-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 PM
formerly Decals_gal

My Mood:
Kimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 410/100%
I'm lurking, please!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
I've moved! Check for the correct address, Please.

Betsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 137/100%
I will lurk a bit
Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome to lurk, Betsyg! You too, Kimmie! I would love for this to be your first swap after your little break.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 PM
ATC Guru

More inspiration cards, having fun with these. One is my own folded paper design and the other is embroidered fabric with a sealant.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Love ATC cards

JoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobahJoyceG is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 61/100%
Finished my kimonos and they are in the mail.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/atta...1&d=1492903064
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Japanese kimonos.jpg (63.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 PM
ATC Guru

I love them all! Thanks so much for letting us see. I will let you know when they arrive.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Artbelle

My Mood:
Ornamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to allOrnamentations is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 42/100%
Count me in please!
Old 04-22-2017, 08:06 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome, Ornamentations! Signing you up now.