ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1385/100%
May 11-13 4"x6" Sketchbook Tip Ins ALL Mediums Athon

Come play!

Create 4"x6" (or slightly smaller) tip ins for Urban sketchbooks, other 4"x6" sketchbooks or altered journals or albums. (I haven't seen any 4"x6" plastic sleeves with binder holes, but you could punch them yourself.) Tip ins should be on at least paper as thick as a sketchbook. (Like ATCs, you don't want them to "flop." You can also use card stock, backs from recycled cereal boxes, manilla file folders, chipboard.

Here's a great description of these tip ins, by nightowl_too: "Tip In" pages are separate pages of a specified size that you can then add (or "tip in") to a book of your own to create a little book of art. Here are round 3, round 2, and round 1 of the "Urban Sketch Book" size tip in page swaps art_junkie hosted. Basically they are pages sized 3 1/2-5/3 4 or 4x6 inches, that you can then add to a particular Urban Sketch Book. The size she chose was so that it would be a good fit for the particular book that she selected for the swaps. The idea is that it becomes similar to a moley except you trade pages only and then glue them into your own book. You of course do not have to glue them into that specific Urban Sketch Book by Sennelier. You could display them any way you want to. You could create your own hand bound book with these larger size pages of art. Quite a few of us got to really like the size and the novelty of creating a book. art_junkie hosted three "choose a theme" swaps and then Kynara hosted a PAT all with this size page

All mediums welcome. Also, backgrounds or preliminary sketches can be done before the athon. Keep in mind that most tip in traders collect portrait (vertical) orientation. If your muse is in a landscape (horizontal) mood, that's fine as you clearly mark them.

We will have lots of people new to the size or new to athons or both, so please jump in! Ask for help if you need it!

Optional Themes

May 11th:

"Women"
Color scheme: "Black and White"

May 12th:

"In A Garden"
color scheme: shades of blue

May 13th:

"Sky"
color scheme: pink and/or purple

Keep in mind that because some people may paste your art in sketchbooks, it's handy to sign your art somewhere on the front, but that's up to you.

What is an a-thon?It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Thursday May 11, their time, our Pacific Rim artists start creating art, then upload their art to the A-Thon Gallery and post to the thread. You may begin then or wait. (Think of it like this: once it's 12:01 on the somewhere in the world, you can start.) Trading and chatting ensues. Continue through event time. If we need/want to, we'll add the 14th as well.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From Chrome:

Follow Firefox directions, except when you right click on the image in gallery, you'll see a "copy image address" choice. Follow steps 3-5.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Last edited by CynthiaSillitoe; 05-08-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
If you want to collect particular themes, send me a pm ahead of time or during the athon and I'll post the themes people are collecting here.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:53 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
Jennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant futureJennifer has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 341/100%
Bookmarking!
Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Content to Create!

My Mood:
theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1240/100%
im back to my huge sewing project which means all the paint and glue is put away. I'll see if i can manage something.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Dances with elephants

Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Bookmarking!
Yay!

Originally Posted by theweavershand View Post
im back to my huge sewing project which means all the paint and glue is put away. I'll see if i can manage something.
Or just come hang out!
Old 05-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Paper Folder

My Mood:
miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 879/100%
Hi Cynthia, please enlighten me as to what is a Sketchbook Tip Ins. Also. the 4x6 should have a stiff backing as in ATC's usual? I find the theme interesting and may want to attempt this.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:52 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 499/100%
I posted this over in the EAU thread a couple of days ago as an FYI that this athon was coming up in case any of them would like to participate. Maybe it will help further explain. Hope it's ok with the host that I post this...

Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
Regarding the "Sketchbook Tip in Page" art a thon coming up....

"Tip In" pages are separate pages of a specified size that you can then add (or "tip in") to a book of your own to create a little book of art. Here are round 3, round 2, and round 1 of the "Urban Sketch Book" size tip in page swaps art_junkie hosted. Basically they are pages sized 3 1/2-5/3 4 or 4x6 inches, that you can then add to a particular Urban Sketch Book. The size she chose was so that it would be a good fit for the particular book that she selected for the swaps. The idea is that it becomes similar to a moley except you trade pages only and then glue them into your own book. You of course do not have to glue them into that specific Urban Sketch Book by Sennelier. You could display them any way you want to. You could create your own hand bound book with these larger size pages of art. Quite a few of us got to really like the size and the novelty of creating a book. art_junkie hosted three "choose a theme" swaps and then Kynara hosted a PAT all with this size page.
collecting nature theme ATC's with a postage stamp.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 904/100%
I will lurk for a while.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:51 AM
You can get anything you want at Alice's Resturant

Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!Art101 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 447/100%
Lurking, and even if I don't do any artwork myself, I still want to check out what others are accomplishing.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1754/100%
I'm here. Thinking about what to create.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Dances with elephants

Lurking is great! Being here is great! Nightowl, that's great, thanks, I'll add that.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Dances with elephants

Originally Posted by miloccpep View Post
Hi Cynthia, please enlighten me as to what is a Sketchbook Tip Ins. Also. the 4x6 should have a stiff backing as in ATC's usual? I find the theme interesting and may want to attempt this.
Hi Miloccpep: I think of them as larger atcs. You can do many of the same things except it's a bigger format. And, as with atcs, the main rule is the size.

And borrowing night_owl's response:

"Tip In" pages are separate pages of a specified size that you can then add (or "tip in") to a book of your own to create a little book of art. Here are round 3, round 2, and round 1 of the "Urban Sketch Book" size tip in page swaps art_junkie hosted. Basically they are pages sized 3 1/2-5/3 4 or 4x6 inches, that you can then add to a particular Urban Sketch Book. The size she chose was so that it would be a good fit for the particular book that she selected for the swaps. The idea is that it becomes similar to a moley except you trade pages only and then glue them into your own book. You of course do not have to glue them into that specific Urban Sketch Book by Sennelier. You could display them any way you want to. You could create your own hand bound book with these larger size pages of art. Quite a few of us got to really like the size and the novelty of creating a book. art_junkie hosted three "choose a theme" swaps and then Kynara hosted a PAT all with this size page.

On the material to use, I'd say drawing paper or sketchbook paper at the lightest up to card stock, recycled cereal boxes, file folders, or chipboard. I guess you could use lighter paper, but you might want to send lightweight pages with some kind of card stock in the envelope to keep the post office from folding them.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Star Fleet Academy Drop-out

My Mood:
Ancient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoastAncient Planter is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 266/100%
Lurking until I get home from Lake Tahoe on Wednesday and see if my artful muse has returned!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Paper Folder

My Mood:
miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!miloccpep should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 879/100%
Originally Posted by CynthiaSillitoe View Post
Hi Miloccpep: I think of them as larger atcs. You can do many of the same things except it's a bigger format. And, as with atcs, the main rule is the size.

And borrowing night_owl's response:

On the material to use, I'd say drawing paper or sketchbook paper at the lightest up to card stock, recycled cereal boxes, file folders, or chipboard. I guess you could use lighter paper, but you might want to send lightweight pages with some kind of card stock in the envelope to keep the post office from folding them.
Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
I posted this over in the EAU thread a couple of days ago as an FYI that this athon was coming up in case any of them would like to participate. Maybe it will help further explain. Hope it's ok with the host that I post this...
Thank you, nightowl and Cynthia, for the information. I will recce the sites and go from there.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Heavily caffinated for the safety of others

My Mood:
Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!Kynara should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1408/100%
I have never hosted a tip in PAT. My PAT had one group for tip ins and I hosted a regular open themed swap that was tip in sized. That swap has examples of what you can do with the tip ins if you don't want to use a USK sketchbook to display them.

another thing I didn't see noted. usk tip ins should be vertical (portrait) oriented. If you want to make them horizontal (landscape) oriented, you may have trouble trading them. (it's your art, it's up to you and Cynthia can have which ever rules she wants for this athon).

However, if you do end up liking the size and join usk tip in swaps or the usk tip in MMH you'll need to make sure they're vertical (portrait) oriented (unless otherwise stated in the swap).
Old 05-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Dances with elephants

Kynara, thanks for the clarification and for the reminder about vertical/portrait. I will put that in the first post.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1754/100%
I have another question - For printing purposes on certain types of photo paper it's easy for me to create a tip-in that is 5.5 X 3.5 inches. This is slightly different than the recommended size. It would leave a margin of a quarter inch on every side - would this be a problem? I would specify clearly the size I have created.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:51 PM
I work in whatever medium likes me at the moment. Chagall

Loladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to allLoladog is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 82/100%
This looks fun.
I use a midori travelers notebook....sounds like that would work....
Old 05-08-2017, 09:22 PM

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Woops. Yep Kynara, I realize now that you hosted a Tip In swap not a PAT. Sorry about that mix up on my part.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:28 PM

My Mood:
Is there anyone besides KP and I that had planned to do HD/HP for this? Just wondering.....
Closed Thread