ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
ATC Guru

prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 540/100%
Paper Painting ~ due August 19

Due Date: August 19, 2017
Withdraw by Date: Anytime - just please communicate
Number of Cards: 3/3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Torn or cut paper collage

Paper Painting

Swap Requirements:
  • Collage: The idea is to use torn or cut paper to "paint" your subject. For example, if you decide to create an ATC of a flower, you would use different papers to create the different colors, highlights, and shadows of your flower. You would not cut out images of flowers and collage them onto your card. ***Please take the time to check out the link to examples below so there is no confusion as to what I mean. Cards that are not "paper painted" will be returned in your SASE. If you are not sure, post them to the thread before sending out.***
  • Standard ATC size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches
  • 3:3 (hostess cards are never a requirement, but would be treasured)
  • Good craftsmanship: send in something that you would be excited to see in your return envelope. I am going to do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Please make sure your cards are not flimsy.
  • Each card should be in its own protective sleeve.
  • Please include swap name, your username, real name, and location on the back of each ATC.

Mailing:
  • US Participants – Please include a legible SASE. One forever stamp is enough. I will add extra postage, if needed.
  • International Participants - Please include a mailing label with your address clearly written or typed. I will provide an envelope for returns for all international players. Please include a well concealed US dollar bill or US global forever stamp.
  • Please make sure to package your cards securely. We don't want these wonderful works of art to get banged up in the mail.
  • When you are ready to send in your cards, please send me a private message.
  • Also, please post when you send in your cards, so I can be on the lookout.
  • Make sure your cards are mailed in time to be in my hands on or before the due date.
It is always fun and inspiring when artists share their cards in the thread, so feel free to do so!

Some inspiration and examples:
https://www.pinterest.com/jmr1979/co...aper-painting/

Shel C has some good youtube videos showing her technique:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePuzzledpeace/videos

When you receive your cards, please leave itrader for your hostess (that would be me) and "you rock" points to the players you received cards from.

Players:
prex79
dithespy RECEIVED
xela7072 RECEIVED
silylilly41 RECEIVED
mynameisJenn RECEIVED
ann_stebbing RECEIVED
TherapeuticArt RECEIVED
CiCiCreates RECEIVED
londonont1 RECEIVED
KKporcupine RECEIVED
JoyceG RECEIVED
suzyq RECEIVED
Daphne75 RECEIVED
mpittman469 RECEIVED
plumhill2001 RECEIVED
Franzia RECEIVED

Last edited by prex79; Today at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:17 AM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 531/100%
Wow, what wonderful examples you've posted! Very interesting technique that I've never tried, I'll have to come up with some very simple shapes for my first time. I must lurk for a bit.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:17 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
dithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 147/100%
Those are gorgeous! I must have a try myself. Please sign me up!
Old 06-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Rookie

KKporcupine has a spectacular aura about him/herKKporcupine has a spectacular aura about him/herKKporcupine has a spectacular aura about him/herKKporcupine has a spectacular aura about him/her
iTrader Rating: 25/100%
Such a cool idea! I think I'm going to try out the technique before I sign up for this swap. What kind of glue would work best, do you think?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 214/100%
Great idea. Lurking whilst I catch and play.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 PM
ATC Guru

prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!prex79 is beyond words!
Welcome lurkers, hope you decide to join
I'll get you signed up, dithespy. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 PM
ATC Guru

Originally Posted by KKporcupine View Post
Such a cool idea! I think I'm going to try out the technique before I sign up for this swap. What kind of glue would work best, do you think?
Depending on the thickness of your paper, I think a liquid or gel medium would work fine.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:48 PM
aka CandysCorner

My Mood:
Monroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobahMonroy28 is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 241/100%
intently lurking..love doing this type of art work
Old 06-10-2017, 01:21 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 167/100%
Lurking with intent
Old 06-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Serendipity

My Mood:
xela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastxela7072 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 65/100%
Oh heck, I'm gonna take a leap of faith...sign me up please!
Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
sillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 84/100%
Please sign me up!
Old 06-10-2017, 08:56 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome xela7072 and sillylily41!
Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 629/100%
Lurking for now...

there is a collage artist local to me who works like this...
http://www.lauralairdartist.com/
Old 06-11-2017, 12:22 PM
ATC Guru

Thank you for sharing her fabulous work! Wonderful inspiration!
Old 06-11-2017, 01:18 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 531/100%
I agree, thanks Jenn, for that great video - it really helped me understand the technique. I'm wondering about the paper to use. Tissue is a great weight for this small size, and to layer, but it can get very transparent with the gluing. Is there a lighter weight paper that is more opaque and comes in many colors? Something between tissue paper and copy paper?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:46 PM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 629/100%
Originally Posted by CiCiCreates View Post
I agree, thanks Jenn, for that great video - it really helped me understand the technique. I'm wondering about the paper to use. Tissue is a great weight for this small size, and to layer, but it can get very transparent with the gluing. Is there a lighter weight paper that is more opaque and comes in many colors? Something between tissue paper and copy paper?
There are many Asian papers/Asian printmaking papers that are between those...I have a stash of "joss papers" in my studio but they're thin like tissue. I just did a quick search on etsy of supplies and there are lots of interesting lots.

...And prex, I guess I'm done lurking...just go ahead and sign me up. Are magazine clippings allowed or just strickly painted papers?
Old 06-11-2017, 02:45 PM
ATC Guru

MynameisJenn: Absolutely can use magazine clippings for color and texture (just not complete images). I'll get you signed up. Welcome

CiCiCreates: Painted or gelli printed deli paper is the main thing shel c uses in her YouTube videos. I was planning on getting the gelli plate out, because I don't have much options on deli paper at the moment.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 214/100%
Sign me up please.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:00 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome ann_stebbing!
Old 06-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Doing the next right thing!

My Mood:
TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!TherapeuticArt is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 937/100%
that looks like so much fun.....I'd like to give it a try, please sign me up!