ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:23 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1959/100%
Challenge Hunt (ATART) July 3-6

This will be the official thread for the Challenge Hunt (ATART) on July 3-6.

List of the supplies you will need if you want to complete all the tasks:

paints (any kind of)
markers
a tea bag cover
thick card board (e.g. a cereal box goes well)
papers in different colors
drawing papers
button(s)
a stapler + staples
brads
eyelet(s)
puzzle piece(s)
ribbon(s)
"diamond"
a camera (a phone with is goes well)
beads
a (rubber) text stamp + ink
a magazine or something similar
a black pen
one art tool
cancelled stamp(s)
polymer clay
a real leaf
napkin(s)
lace
wire (thin works better)

I don't list any obvious items as normal papers, pens, scissors etc.

Sniisk is hosting and counting points. If you have questions, please put them in the thread. Answering PMs may take longer. Other members may answers to your question faster than me .

When this is over, I will mail a small prize to random player who have gotten at least 30 points .

Start times, on Monday around midnight in NZ, it is Sunday afternoon in Europe and Sunday morning in the US. You can start when you see the tasks. This a-thon will end when Thursday is turning to be Friday on the last timezone = when it is midnight in GMT -10. I will inform about the time in the thread. How ever, you cannot start before you see the tasks so no need to stress about it .

Here are some tips about the tasks: A creation means anything that you make. It does not need to be an ATC if not specified in the task. Anything handmade goes well. Again, of course it is harder to trade cakes... Also, the media is free as long as not mentioned in the task. A card means an ATC, a chunky book page, an inchie or anything that can be called as a card.

Because we are creating different sizes and forms of art here, it may be useful to inform others if it is an ATC, inchie, chunky etc. so we know the size.

Very important: Mention the task (both the number and description so I won't miss it) you have completed when posting a picture. You can put max three tasks in one creation but remember to mention them all.

1 point per task if nothing else is told in the task. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.

If you do not understand a task, please ask. We all are happy to help.

TASKS ARE IN THE NEXT POST

And remember, of course you can join this a-thon even if you don't join the hunt!

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open.
1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show....php?p=1148669

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

We moved again in May. Ask for a new address!

Last edited by sniisk; 07-01-2017 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!
TASKS:

1) every day you post a new creation in the thread (1p/day = max 4p)
2) make a trade (up to 3 trades, 1p/trade = max 3p, name the trader)
3) give an art challenge in the thread
4) join a given art challenge (not your own, see the task 3) (2p)
5) give reputation points to five people (remember to tell when you have done it)
6) make a collage ATC and make a "copy" of it by drawing / painting (2p)
7) use a tea bag / it's cover in your creation
8) make a skinny page (3"x7")
9) theme: zoo
10) monochromatic creation (up to 4 different cards, four different colors, 1p/creation = max 4p)
11) theme: religion / culture
12) be encouraging and let someone feel like a queen in the thread (not the host) (2p)
13) use in one creation at least three items you have received in a trade (papers, embellisments etc.)
14) theme: myths and mysteries
15) make a card that has at least three items from the list: button, staple, brad, eyelet, ribbon, puzzle piece, key, "diamond"
16) take a photo (or find one from your computer, doesn't need to be a new one) and paint / draw the view (show both)
17) steel someone else's idea from this thread and use it (2p)
18) make a paper flower (style is free) and use it in your card (2)
19) theme: childhood memory
20) use bright colors only
21) use paint and papers in the same creation
22) theme: starry starry night
23) show & tell: take pics and show how you make a card (still images or a video) (3p)
24) mail a surprise (a RAK) to someone who has posted in the thread (not to the host) but do not mention the name (but show the RAK, of course) (3p)
25) theme: skeleton
26) use beads as a part of your creation
27) use a text (rubber) stamp in your creation
28) theme: a flower with a face
29) use at least one image from a magazine in your creation
30) take an image of an ATC from your gallery and try to make very similar card (you can use different colors etc.)
31) use markers
32) theme: independence day
33) make three ATCs (not too similar) with the same theme (3p)
34) make a zentangle card that has an animal on it
35) use one of your oldest tools when making an ATC
36) theme: kite
37) create a serie of ATCs (up to 6 cards) so that the cards work separately but also forms a bigger picture together (1p/card = min 2p, max 6p)
38) theme: abandoned place
39) use a postage stamp in your creation
40) make an embellishment or a whole creation by using polymer clay (2p)
41) theme: geisha
42) make a butterfly / dragonfly / something else by using wire and use it in your card (2p)
43) make three cards with the same theme in different sizes (ATC, rolo, chunky page, moo, inchie, twinchie, postcard, anything else)(3p)
44) theme: midsummer
45) make a card that has a moving part (2p)
46) use lace in your creation
47) theme: orange things
48) make three backgrounds out of your scraps of papers
49) theme: cute monster
50) draw something with wheels
51) use something unusual in your creation
52) theme: mushroom and butterfly
53) make a card based on a players profile wants or like
54) theme: bikini
55) use a mesh bag like from a bag of onions or lemons etc. as a part of your creation
56) make an abstract background and collage on it
57) use a napkin as a part of your creation
58) theme: famous story from your childhood
59) use chalk in your cards: make two similar cards but use different colors (2p)
60) use something metallic (doesn't need to be real metal) in your creation (cannot be combined with the task 42) )
61) find a "how to" video from Youtube, follow instructions and make a card (give also the link to the video)(3p)
62) theme: vintage men
63) alphabets in your card (A is for... B is for...) (1p / card, max. 3p)
64) use text that is not English in your creation (and translate it please )
65) use something transparency in your creation
66) find a leaf (I hope everyone has leaves outside at the moment ) and use it somehow in your card or while making a card

1 point per task if nothing else is told in the task. Total 100 points. You can get points from one task once only.

Last edited by sniisk; 07-02-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
Given challenges:

1. Take your initials (first, middle, last) and feature something that starts with each letter in one creation.
example: C.A.S. = make an ATC that features a cat, an apple and a sunset.
2. Take 6 random popsicle stick art prompts/roll the dice art prompts and make a card.
3. Paint or draw an illustration for a favorite book. Tell us the title and author and give a brief summary of what the book is about.
4. Create a colourful Animal Zetti, include a quote on the card.
5. Make an ATC using alcohol ink.
6. Use glitter in your creation.
7. Make a card using glitter, double sided tape and a stencil. Instructions here.
8. Use a pencil or crayon to "lift" a rubbing from a surface (as kids we used to do this by placing a piece of paper over a coin) and use it in your artwork. This would be especially fun to see what international coins look like!
9. Make something that is a different size from an ATC (cannot be combined with other tasks of different size requirements).

Given links to videos by other players:

https://youtu.be/2RIdytGiFyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvzRTKBsBZk
http://youtu.be/y-Rpzd4VRLY
http://youtu.be/y-Rpzd4VRLY

FAQ:

(if needed)

Last edited by sniisk; 07-04-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:51 AM
create something amusing

My Mood:
JavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 267/100%
i hope i can play
Old 06-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 942/100%
Bookmarking this page.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1762/100%
Hey, there is a prize? I wonder if I never noticed that before. I just love the part of being challenged. But a prize!

You put a lot of work in this this challenge. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Things can only get better.....

My Mood:
Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!Evalila didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 2421/100%
Bookmarking...

My APC Ad *** Buddy Card Trading *** Buddy Cards A-Thon

www.shesdreaming.de
Old 06-22-2017, 01:26 PM
ATC Guru

Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!Lalka should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 486/100%
Bookmarking...
Old 06-22-2017, 01:31 PM
The road to success is always under construction!

My Mood:
Beverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forumsBeverley clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 453/100%
Bookmarking
Now Hosting: Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
Old 06-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1786/100%
Looking forward to it!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Content to Create!

My Mood:
theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1250/100%
Hoping to play some.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:22 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
Hey, there is a prize? I wonder if I never noticed that before. I just love the part of being challenged. But a prize!

You put a lot of work in this this challenge. Thank you.
There has been a prize every time .

Old 06-25-2017, 01:24 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
I will be traveling all the next week and may not be able to read my messages very often. But I'll have plenty of time when this a-thon starts.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:38 AM
I choose to create, but not procreate.

My Mood:
Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1502/100%
Bookmarking
Old 06-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Be happy!

My Mood:
smallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 622/100%
Hope to play
Old 06-29-2017, 04:17 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 372/100%
Happy travels, sniisk. Hope to see many of you joining the Challenge Hunt next week.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:14 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1786/100%
I have 5 tea bags ready to be rinsed and dried - just made iced Chai tea.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1762/100%
Oh I should go make some iced tea, I am so thirsty and hot. Tea might hit the spot.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:35 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
Two days to go .

Old 06-30-2017, 02:25 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 419/100%
Oh I'm so excited! This is always such a good time. I can't wait!!!