ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 72/100%
Lightbulb Animal Paper Dolls Swap - Due September 6th, 2017

Swap Due Date: September 6th, 2017
Signup/withdraw date: None - Just Communicate Please!
Medium: ALL/Any (open medium)
Canvas: completed dolls must be sturdy (not floppy and weak)
Number of Paper Dolls: 3:3
Number of participants: 12 (first swap)

ANIMAL PAPER DOLLS SWAP

SWAP DETAILS
Inspired by the wonderful Sea Turtle Doll swap, I am here to bring you the Animal Paper Doll Swap.
I wanted to keep this open for those that do not want to focus on just one animal for whatever personal reasons. I hate drawing certain animals myself due to the proportions... so you can focus on any real animal out there!

I invite you to make 3 paper dolls that are animal themed. The animal can be a bird, reptile, insect, etc. as long as they are a real animal (no fantasy please). So feel free to make a paper doll of ANY animal!
The joints MUST have brads - stick to animals that allow for a minimum of 4 brads to be added. Easiest way would be to pick an animal with four legs/arms or a bird: 1 head, 2 wings, and 2 legs counts for 5 total brads used. This just makes it interesting! Less than 4 brads is not fun so let's not do those.
***If you do not have brads you can use a wire and bead to make your own fancy brad....any other substitute works as well.

You can make your own templates or look for any to use on the internet. If you do end up finding any or make your then please do share them here with everyone!

Here is a breakdown of how I approach paper dolls...
Simple steps to making a paper doll template:
1. create an image of the animal
3. extend the other features out further: draw inwards towards the body to overlap them
4. make the body alone, then make the features alone (trace them out separatly without cutting)
5. paint and cut them out...finish with brads!
Now you have a paper doll!

CANVAS
Please make sure that your paper dolls are not floppy! Use the same methods and rules that apply to ATCs for these dolls. Of course, too bulky dolls do not work either but floppy ones tend to get damaged easily.
If you make your dolls on regular paper then please add them to a sturdy ground (glue them down to cardstock, cardboard, etc).

DIMENSIONS
Your doll when folded down must be a minimum ATC size and maximum postcard size...this means when you fold down the doll it should be no smaller than 2.5"x3.5" and no bigger than 4"x6".
I'll trade size for size - try my best. First I'll trade effort for effort of course!

MEDIUMS
This is open media... Even though the media is open I do want to remind everyone: put your best efforts into your paper dolls. Create and send the quality that you would like to receive in return. Make something that you would be proud to show to a celebrity you admire.

EXAMPLES
Click Here

SHIPPING DETAILS
  • Envelopes are not required but any sent are highly valued!
  • Please include a label with your name & address. If not, then provide your name & address written nicely on a separate piece of paper with black or blue ink (not sky blue, regular dark blue).
  • USA Players: Include the same amount of postage it takes you to mail your dolls. PayPal is also available.
  • International Players: If you have international USA stamps then you can include those. If not you can send money by PayPal or by hiding it in the art dolls. Please be careful if you do this!
***Once you are ready to send your art dolls my way, please PM me for my address. If you have my Milburn address then you're fine.

NOTES:
  • Late Cards will result in a neutral iTrader. Please ensure you mail with enough time to reach me.
  • Signing up and not sending cards will also result in a neutral iTrader. Please let me know if you need to withdraw. You don't need a reason or an explanation, just let me know
  • Sending sub-par work in is also going to result in a neautral iTrader.
ARTISTS
*Those in bold and blue I have recieved paper dolls from.

Who wants to play? You know you want to!
1. redwheelbarrow
2. Russel
3. JSilver
4. catladybj
5. Bluesky
6. ✿✿✿ empty spot ✿✿✿
7. Fandanie
8. TrinaLD
9. PreciousFew
10. art junkie
11. atilla
12. ✿✿✿ empty spot ✿✿✿

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 08-25-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:07 AM
Rookie

Jaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 46/100%
Lurking....never made paper dolls but would love to try...might have a practise and see how I get on
Old 06-30-2017, 11:26 AM
create something amusing

My Mood:
JavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 268/100%
lurking
i love making paper dolls
Old 07-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jaxsmom View Post
Lurking....never made paper dolls but would love to try...might have a practise and see how I get on
I do hope you try making them as they are quite fun!

Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
lurking
i love making paper dolls
I hope you decide to join.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:54 AM
Rookie

redwheelbarrow is a valued memberredwheelbarrow is a valued memberredwheelbarrow is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 6/83%
I want to play!
Old 07-02-2017, 03:52 PM
ATC Virtuoso

ineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 238/100%
Me, me! I DON'T sign up for swaps before I have cards done, but I end up missing out on swaps held by new hosts with limited spots. So, please sign me because I had so much fun in the turtle swap. Have you sent out invitations to join this swap? I think you will have many players if they know about it!
Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God.
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/LindaReidArt
Instagram: lindareidart
Old 07-03-2017, 12:38 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 281/100%
Lurking.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by redwheelbarrow View Post
I want to play!
Added you!
Originally Posted by IamWhatonearth View Post
Lurking.
I hope you decide to join us!
Originally Posted by ineedtocreate View Post
Me, me! I DON'T sign up for swaps before I have cards done, but I end up missing out on swaps held by new hosts with limited spots. So, please sign me because I had so much fun in the turtle swap. Have you sent out invitations to join this swap? I think you will have many players if they know about it!

I'll add you! Thank you for joining! And no...actually I had not though of doing that at all >.<
I honestly don't know who I would send the message out to...?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Red face EXAMPLES

Old 07-03-2017, 07:16 PM
HeartforArt

AnnArtist is a valued memberAnnArtist is a valued memberAnnArtist is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 1/100%
Would love to play! Thanks!

Last edited by AnnArtist; 07-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Lacking adult supervision

My Mood:
Russell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of artRussell eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 536/100%
I haven't done a swap in a while, but would love to join this one please.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:44 PM
ATC Virtuoso

ineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them allineedtocreate is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 238/100%
Send invitations to everyone who did the sea turtles swap. Also check out the past paper doll swaps and send an invite to all those participants, too. I would also include those artists you especially admire. Here are some archived art doll swaps, with all the players listed:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33572
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32843
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31846
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31515
Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God.
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/LindaReidArt
Instagram: lindareidart

Last edited by ineedtocreate; 07-04-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: added text
Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 AM
Queen of Green

My Mood:
catladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant futurecatladybj has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 261/100%
I try to do the same as ineedtocreate, and the same thing happens to me!
so I'm signing up now too! just to let y'all know - I like cats! We have 13.
do we have to do three different animals, or can it be the same animal done differently 3 ways?
I love that piggy!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:30 PM
retired and loving it

My Mood:
JSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of artJSilver eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 402/100%
Please add me too! I love making jointed paper dolls.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:33 PM

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
I guess I'll just sign up. XD I think I can make the deadline.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:49 PM

BTW, I think minimum of 4 brads is pretty high. I think it should be minimum of 3. An animal from the side (without a tail) would be two legs and a head. I think that would still be fun.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
I haven't done a swap in a while, but would love to join this one please.
Added you!

Originally Posted by catladybj View Post
I try to do the same as ineedtocreate, and the same thing happens to me!
so I'm signing up now too! just to let y'all know - I like cats! We have 13.
do we have to do three different animals, or can it be the same animal done differently 3 ways?
I love that piggy!
I have added you! And no you are not required to make something specific...that is all up to you. You can make three different animals, or the same animal in three styles, or even the same animal in the same style...just have fun!

Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Please add me too! I love making jointed paper dolls.
Added!!!

BTW, I think minimum of 4 brads is pretty high. I think it should be minimum of 3. An animal from the side (without a tail) would be two legs and a head. I think that would still be fun.
I cannot change the requirements now as I am sure some of us have already started (I already made two)....so it would be unfair. Although I think it would be not as fun to have less brads as the more brads there are the more interactive the doll is which is what I am trying to encourage everyone to try. I think having more than 3 brads to a side view works? The examples below show the pig and dog in side view and without counting the tail they are 4 brads (except for the dog it is actually sharing 1 brad for two joints)... unless you are referring to something that I do no understand in that case I am sorry! XD Just explain it again with different words I guess till I get it? LOL!

I guess what I mean to say is...not 4 brads but 4 joints? I could not find a way to word this properly but the dog really has four legs that move but only uses 2 brads for them as two legs share 1 brad.... so if you did something like that it would work. I hope this explains things?

Originally Posted by ineedtocreate View Post
Send invitations to everyone who did the sea turtles swap. Also check out the past paper doll swaps and send an invite to all those participants, too. I would also include those artists you especially admire. Here are some archived art doll swaps, with all the players listed:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33572
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32843
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31846
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31515
I'll keep these in mind and actually I think we're filling up at a pretty good rate. If we slow down then I'll just contact everyone on the links you provided! Thank you so much for gathering these! I am limited to only 12 so I do not want to end up having too many invited artists who want to participate but cannot due to the limit. ^^;
Old 07-06-2017, 08:34 PM

Ok, I'll do 4 brads then. Btw, you didn't add to me to the list.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:46 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 179/100%
I'm in.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
I'm in.
Added you!

Ok, I'll do 4 brads then. Btw, you didn't add to me to the list.
Oopsies... just added you!

Tags
art doll, mixed media swap, paper dolls