ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 06-28-2017, 11:41 PM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 500/100%
World Watercolor Month July 31 paintings 31 days challenge

Hello watercolor artists! Are you up for a challenge?

According to doodlewash.com July is World Watercolor Month. Over 50,000 people from all over the world are currently signed up to their facebook group, although it is not necessary to join to participate. People are merely encouraged to use the hashtag #WorldWatercolorMonth whenever they post a watercolor online in social media (facebook, twitter, instagram) in July and join the global celebration and global gallery hosted at world watercolor month gallery. For those not on social media, no problem, just play along here if you like for fun.

Here is one of the snazzy banners provided at their website....

According to their website:

Grab some watercolors and make a watercolor painting or sketch each day during the month (or whenever you can join in), and share your work online for others around the world to enjoy! Use the hashtag #WorldWatercolorMonth when posting your art and use it to meet other watercolor artists around the globe!

If you are ready to fire up your paintbrush and take on the challenge (or a little bit of the challenge) we here at AFA would love to see too (without having to find you in the vast amount of painters from all over the world). So this thread is available for you to post your watercolor paintings here at AFA during this grand and glorious event. Whether you paint cards for trading or for keeping, you can post your art and chat here in addition to (if instead of) posting your art on social media (hashtags don't work at AFA). This can be our little subcategory of the global event An informal place to play along with watercolors for the month and show and tell and chat.
**July is World Watercolor Month. Join the challenge here!**.

Last edited by nightowl_too; 07-01-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:10 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 179/100%
I bought a new watercolour pad for this challenge. Nightowl, what brand of watercolours do you use?

Last edited by vikinglady; 06-29-2017 at 01:11 AM. Reason: needed to add a question
Old 06-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Never Sits Still

My Mood:
Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!Pennyquilter should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 474/100%
I plan to water color in my journal each day during July (or at least try for each day). Sounds like a fun challenge. I mostly paint with arcylics so I will need to be able to draw half way decently.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:25 PM
going, going, always going: Rapa Nui (Easter Island) next

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1318/100%
I'll give it a try!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Freedom within limits

My Mood:
KPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forumsKPinAK clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 416/100%
Yay! Thanks for stating this thread! I'll be here. I'm definitely hoping to make 31 watercolor paintings in July. It'll most likely be a couple one day, none the next , etc. But hopefully 20 in30. I'm trying to think of a theme for myself. Perhaps watercolors or inked pieces with watercolor wash from photos I've taken....
Old 06-30-2017, 04:24 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 181/100%
Me too. Can't promise every day as I'm away from 24th to end of July, but I will take a mini kit with me and try. I'll get everything together today.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:52 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant futurevikinglady has a brilliant future
Hi Pennyquilter, Jo, KPinAK, and Ann! I hope more join us. This is going to be fun! Ann, I'm going away next Thursday and will be gone for a month but I too am packing away a little kit. I will approach this challenge much the same way as KPinAK, as I won't probably get an opportunity to paint everyday.

Just have to tell you something I found to be pretty funny with the arrival of my newest Amazon order. Amazon had a good deal on watercolour pads and so I added this on to my order. When I got my order I hunted around the box looking for my new watercolour paper and when I found it I could not stop laughing. This good deal happens to be a pad of 24 sheets of heavy watercolour paper that is smaller than the size of an ATC. It is 2 X 3.5 inches. Read the full description before you buy something on Amazon folks!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Nightowl, thanks for hosting this challenge.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:31 AM

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Hi all. Nice to see the interest. I'm not sure I'll actually get a painting a day done either but why not have fun trying right?

And vikinglady, I currently have a mixture of Winsor and Newton Cotman and Professional watercolors. Plus I have several assorted brand half pans from nanner's watercolor halfpan swap awhile back.

And the mini watercolor pad you got vikinglady, sounds like pocket size. You can keep it in a pocket or purse for when inspiration hits. You'll always be ready.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant futureann_stebbing has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 181/100%
Oh I did laugh viking lady when I read about your pad. I couldn't think WHY they would make one that small, but I guess nightowl might have a point, though it sounds a bit small even for that. Perhaps a colour chart?
Old 06-30-2017, 05:27 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Originally Posted by ann_stebbing View Post
Oh I did laugh viking lady when I read about your pad. I couldn't think WHY they would make one that small, but I guess nightowl might have a point, though it sounds a bit small even for that. Perhaps a colour chart?
Hmmm ... a little plein air pocket pad or a Color Chart? They're both great ideas however I fear I'd go cross eyed if I started painting on a smaller surface than an ATC. I never seem to have a colour chart when I need one because sometimes I'll tuck one in a journal and then just happen to pick another journal on the day I go on a plein air excursion. But if it could easily slip in my pocket or purse I'd probably always have it on hand.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:42 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 506/100%
lurking...and hello to all
Old 07-01-2017, 11:30 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!Seascape131 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Elephant 4

watercolor ATC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0701 elephant 04_20170701_0001.jpg (36.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-01-2017, 11:54 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
I hope I did this right, I don't know how to use a hashtag, anyone that can enlighten me? And, I also used this atc for the Challenge Hunt athon, I hope thats is okay, legal so to speak as a creation for today. Hope someone else posts to the thread. I am not on facebook for the time being.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:40 PM

My Mood:
Lovely elephant!

Don't worry about hashtags. They are a Facebook or instagram thing. They don't work here on AFA. They are basically a search tag on some of the social media sites.

And there are no rules here except that it be watercolor or watermedia. Feel free to create and post cards you are using in other swaps or athons, for trade or not for trade, big small...whatever you paint is fine I started this thread to be a kind of informal show and tell. And also for a fun challenge for those that like art challenges.

Last edited by nightowl_too; 07-01-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:38 PM
going, going, always going: Rapa Nui (Easter Island) next

My Mood:
jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!jo.on.the.go should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1318/100%
July 1 - Green tree frog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-1 Green Tree Frog.jpg (43.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Arty Therapy

My Mood:
RhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 33/100%
Thanks for starting this thread nightowl! Since working on your plein air swap and getting the pocket watercolor set I've been painting more than ever. Yesterday I had to wait outside in a parking lot for over an hour as my ride home was late but I didnt mind because I had my tiny paint set, water brush, pack of tissues and a bunch of blank ATCs tucked into my purse! Happy days! I will be joining this challenge for July although it's going to be an overlap with the ICAD challenge for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watercolor 1.jpg (29.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-01-2017, 05:00 PM

My Mood:
very nice RhonaPaints. I love how portable watercolors can be. My only problem is trying to make friends with those fillable waterbrushes.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:03 PM

My Mood:
great to see you here jo.on.the.go!! Love the frog. I've had frogs on my mind a lot lately it seems. I just finished another watercolor of one for a 1:1 postcard trade. I'm going to count it as todays watercolor even though the frog is colored pencil and the rest is watercolor. I finished it after midnight so it was officially July. I can't post it yet since it is to be a surprise for the recipient. She knows it's coming but hasn't seen it.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Arty Therapy

My Mood:
RhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to allRhonaPaints is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 33/100%
Nightowl, I never use the water brush at home. When I use it i make a little puddle of clear water to dip into as the flow is either too little or too much but it works just fine for looser sketching. Plus using only one brush is a challenge in its self lol.