ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 07-01-2017, 02:32 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 419/100%
Inspiration Stick Mixed Media ATC Swap~Due September 8

Swap due date- September 8, 2017
Withdraw by date- just communicate
Number of items- 3:3
Number of participants- 20

Inspiration sticks

Inspiration sticks are my BFF! They help me when my muse has left the building. I keep them in a tin on my desk at all times. For this swap, you will be creating a set for yourself and using 6-10 random sticks (until you feel your piece is finished) on each of 3 mixed media ATCs.

Inspiration sticks are simply popsicle sticks with individualized art prompts on them. They should reflect your own stash of supplies and personalized artistic style. I recommend you include different mediums, textures, patterns, mark making, colors or themes, finishing touches/embellishments and techniques. Here are some ideas to get you started:

Categorized inspiration sticks by Creative Kady:
https://creativekady.wordpress.com/2...k-gift-for-you

Making inspiration sticks video: https://youtu.be/NYEXcyMAFXs
Download her list of prompts, the link is in the dropdown section under the video.

List of prompts and theme ideas (although for cards, gives some additional ideas): http://heartedlyhandcrafted.blogspot...spiration.html

The best part of this swap is that when you are done you have your own set of inspiration sticks to use whenever you need them!

Mailing your cards: Please write the name of this swap and your user name at the very least on the back of your cards. When you are ready to mail, PM me for my address. I will provide envelopes. Please include as much postage as it took for you to mail the cards to me plus an additional ounce stamp for each chunky card you send.

When I receive your cards i will submit an itrader for you. When you receive your returns please submit one for me. And don't forget to leave you rocks for those whose cards you receive!

Participants:
1. kay -received 7/8
2. ThoughArtDelyrias -withdrew
3. BekaH -received 7/24
4. Donnacr- withdrew
5. ann_stebbing -received 7/17
6. Mhitchcock -withdrew
7. Loladog -withdrew
8. CastleQueen5 -received 9/1
9. Spinnbabul -received 7/27
10. anotherangel -received 8/6
11. electricdesigner -received 7/25
12. RaineyDay -received 8/21
13. NancyL- received 7/14
14. Sillylily41 -withdrew
15. Cindylou -received 7/31
16. TonyaAshe -received 8/9

Last edited by Jennifer; 09-06-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
kay is an ATC Rock Star!kay is an ATC Rock Star!kay is an ATC Rock Star!kay is an ATC Rock Star!kay is an ATC Rock Star!kay is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 146/100%
yes this looks fun, and useful!! sign me up please

if you use markers in your work and you want to trade with me , I BEG YOU.mount the card.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:29 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
Kay- you're the first one! Thanks for joining!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Thou Art Delyrias

My Mood:
ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1050/100%
This looks fun! Sign me up!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:59 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Yay! Welcome! Glad to have you here.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Snail mail is the best!

My Mood:
artchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them allartchick501 is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 901/100%
so we're not making individual sticks, but atc that have sticks on them? Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding and I'm sure it just my brain!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:06 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Originally Posted by artchick501 View Post
so we're not making individual sticks, but atc that have sticks on them? Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding and I'm sure it just my brain!
So you make a set of sticks which you can then keep forever. You randomly select 10 and complete the prompts on them to create your first card. For example, the sticks might tell you to use a stencil, apply acrylic paint with a palette knife, doodle a border, use a quote...this is what you actually do to the card. When you are done with all 10 on that card, you put the sticks back into your pile and randomly select 10 more to create your second card and so on... The sticks are awesome art prompt tools that you can use to create artwork of any kind. They will be awesome to have!

Last edited by Jennifer; 07-01-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Thou Art Delyrias

My Mood:
ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!ThouArtDelyrias should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1050/100%
10 seems like alot of layers, is this your usual way of doing this? my concern is getting a combo that doesn't work well together....I don't have sticks so am going to do it on paper if that is okay?
Old 07-02-2017, 12:50 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Originally Posted by ThouArtDelyrias View Post
10 seems like alot of layers, is this your usual way of doing this? my concern is getting a combo that doesn't work well together....I don't have sticks so am going to do it on paper if that is okay?
Of course paper is fine!

I think it depends on the prompts that you have. If the prompts are more general or bigger ideas ( like modeling paste through a stencil) 6 usually works. If the prompts are smaller details (like outlining an element) then I find I use about 10. How about we say 6-10 prompts or until you find your piece finished?
Old 07-02-2017, 01:31 AM
Crazy Hermit Crab Lady 💜

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2521/100%
Sign me up... Not sure where to get popsicle sticks
Old 07-02-2017, 03:50 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2240/100%
VickiZ just sent me the link to here in answer to my question in the Challenge thread.
This sounds really fun! and now I know why I kept all the coloured icecream sticks from when my kids were little (you know, over 30 years ago )
Please sign me up
Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
BekaH and VickiZ you're in!

BekaH- I get mine at the dollar store.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:17 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 245/100%
Lurking for now. I've been looking for these sticks for a while here in France without success, so I may go for paper for now. I've printed the list for journals, that will be a start though they are not all relevant.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:10 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Originally Posted by ann_stebbing View Post
Lurking for now. I've been looking for these sticks for a while here in France without success, so I may go for paper for now. I've printed the list for journals, that will be a start though they are not all relevant.
Lurkers welcome!

The lists provided are good examples, take what you can use and leave the rest for sure though.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Crazy Hermit Crab Lady 💜

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2521/100%
Actually... I had forgotten, i do have some!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 245/100%
I've started my sticks (on card) so sign me up, but I'm terrified. I LIKE control !!!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:59 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Originally Posted by ann_stebbing View Post
I've started my sticks (on card) so sign me up, but I'm terrified. I LIKE control !!!
You made me laugh out loud! Ok, you're in!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:17 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2240/100%
Did you miss me in post #11? I would love to join this swap.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Que Sera, Sera

My Mood:
GALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of artGALZART eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 262/100%
Originally Posted by BekaH View Post
Sign me up... Not sure where to get popsicle sticks
Any craft store should have them. I got the miniature size for an ATC I made once.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
Did you miss me in post #11? I would love to join this swap.
I did!! Glad to have you!