ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 07-11-2017, 03:24 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 531/100%
THE ART OF THE DANCE, Open Media ATC Swap~Due Sept 8

Swap Due Date: Sept. 8
Signup/Withdrawal Date: Sept. 2
Number of cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Open - Mixed media, collage, HD/HP
NO Digital, photography, stickers or loose glitter

The title says it all! Use your artistic skills to portray dancers and dances from specific places (Spanish Flamenco, Irish Jig, French can-can, Hawaiian Hula, etc.) or eras in time (20s Charleston, 40s Jitterbug), or classic types of dance, such as the fiery Tango, romantic Waltz, or country square dance. Don't forget the graceful lines of ballet, so lovely and fluid, and so demanding on the dancers' bodies, requiring extreme dedication and discipline.

Get creative, and use musical notes, curtained stages, specific costumes, dancing feet, or full figures of the dancer(s). You can choose to depict the same dance in different images, or decide to portray different dances. Please keep any embellishments as flat as possible, and do feel free to post finished cards on this thread!

GUIDELINES FOR CARDS

* Please sign up on this thread only, not via PM, and if you need to drop out, please let me know in time. LATE CARDS AND NO COMMUNICATION IS INVITING NEUTRAL iTRADER.
* Be sure to put your very best work into each card, and I will try to swap effort for effort. A Host Card is not necessary but always appreciated!
* Use only standard accepted measurements for ATCs, 3 1/2 x 2 1/2". Be sure cards are sturdy enough. They shouldn't be flimsy or bend easily into a U-shape.
* Please send each card in its own plastic sleeve, spread side by side as much as possible and tape to each other (painter's tape or Washi tape works well.) Or cut down a horizontal row of three pocket sleeves from the 9-pocket binder pages and use that.
* On the back of each card, please include the swap name, your username, and your real name.

GUIDELINES FOR MAILING:

* When your cards are ready to mail, please PM me for my address. Cards will be mailed a few days after the due date, so DO ALLOW ENOUGH TIME IN MAILING. Please allow at least 8 days to be safe, International ore like 14 days.
* U.S. players, please clearly write or type your address on a large mailing label or piece of paper. Include one Forever stamp, and I will provide envelopes.
* International players, please clearly write or type your address on a large mailing label or piece of paper. Include a well-concealed U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp, and I will provide envelopes.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give "You Rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Who will be my dancing partners?

1. Electricdesigner (UK) - RECEIVED
2. Dithespy (FRANCE)
3. Sillylily41 - RECEIVED
4. Ann Stebbing (FRANCE) - RECEIVED
5. Goatgirl - RECEIVED
6. Alrice46 - RECEIVED
7. Londonont1 (CANADA) - RECEIVED
8. Karens - RECEIVED
9. Bibliobibuli - RECEIVED
10. Plumhill2001 - RECEIVED
11. Suzi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (600x800).jpg (20.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (600x800).jpg (22.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (600x800).jpg (33.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (600x800).jpg (24.3 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by CiCiCreates; 08-12-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:40 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)CiCiCreates is an ATC god(ess)
Sample cards above are by RhonaPaints, Kay, Monroy28, and Deblit.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forumsferretgirl clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 2314/100%
Lurking....
FINISH IT UP #5 due 8/14/RETURNS GOING OUT ON 8/17
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES ORANGE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 9/6
Now Hosting ANIMAL PLAY YZ AND FAVORITE due 9/5
Now Hosting OH, ORIGAMI! due 9/19
Now Hosting COLOR SERIES PURPLE/4 x 4 Chunky Page Swap due 10/5
Old 07-11-2017, 11:26 PM
ATC Virtuoso

londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!londonont1 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 585/100%
can the card have just body parts on it, for example the arm and hand or the feet.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:36 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome to lurk, Ferretgirl!

Londonont1 - I had planned to accept point shoe-clad feet, en pointe, so I think hands should be ok, IF they really express a dance, like hula hands, or hands holding castanets, etc. Hope that makes sense.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:00 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
Colour across canvas has a spectacular aura about him/herColour across canvas has a spectacular aura about him/herColour across canvas has a spectacular aura about him/herColour across canvas has a spectacular aura about him/her
iTrader Rating: 21/100%
lurking!
Old 07-12-2017, 04:52 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 214/100%
Lurking
Old 07-12-2017, 12:06 PM
ATC Guru

Four Lurkers - welcome to you all!! Maybe the next one will sign up.....
Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Eager Newb

My Mood:
josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!josiesuelupin is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 32/100%
Lurking!
Old 07-12-2017, 07:59 PM
ATC Guru

You are welcome here, Josie, even though you're lurking!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Always learning!

My Mood:
electricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoastelectricdesigner is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 52/100%
No lurking - please sign me up
Old 07-13-2017, 11:30 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
dithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant futuredithespy has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 147/100%
Me too! I love this theme!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:21 PM
ATC Guru

So happy to have you both - welcome! Signing you up now.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:47 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
sillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to allsillylily41 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 84/100%
please sign me up
Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 PM
ATC Guru

Welcome, signing you up now!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:14 AM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 167/100%
Tap dancing while lurking.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:43 AM
ATC Guru

Oooh, tap dancing! Why didn't I think to include that in my description? You could do tap shoes along with a hat and cane and maybe some musical notes. Hope you can find some time to join us, Bluesky. In the meantime, happy lurking....and tap-dancing!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:38 PM
ATC Guru

Bumping...
Old 07-16-2017, 05:22 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 214/100%
Go on then, sign me up. I may try something a bit different for this one.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:22 PM
ATC Guru

Ok, Ann, welcome!