ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 07-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Comic Book Hero

sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 304/100%
Hokusai Summer Vacation~Due September 30

Due Date: September 30th
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any/All

Hokusai Summer Vacation SWAP/ATCs/OPEN MEDIA/Due: Sept 30

I was just reading this great article (https://hyperallergic.com/391035/hok...in-the-bucket/) about the amazing Japanese printmaking artist Hokusai. You'll know when you see The Big Wave (below), who I mean.

I thought a nice summer vacation ending project would be to do a few Hokusai ATCs. Please Join ME!

Here's an image search link to get some ideas: https://www.google.com/search?q=hoku...w=1035&bih=716

Here's a wiki page of him to learn more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokusai

Feel free to redo Hokusai images in your own style or do your own image in Hokusai style.
Just please make each ATC different. They need to be the size of 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. I will be trading media for media. That means if you send in hand drawn/hand painted will receive hand drawn/hand painted back. Collage/Mixed Media will receive Collage/Mixed Media back, etc. Please Private Message me with any questions regarding this.

ATCs need to be in my hands either before or on September 8th. Late ATCs will be returned to the artist unswapped & risk getting a Neutral iTrader. Lack of communication and lack of ATCs will result in Neutral iTrader given. Please, please communicate.

US SWAPPERS, please send a SASE. Postage will be whatever it cost you to send it to me.
****IF YOU SEND IN THICK OR BUMPY ATCS (MEANING EMBELLISHMENTS) YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE EXTRA POSTAGE (I think it is still 22 cents) TO HAVE THEM SENT TO THE ARTISTS RECEIVING YOUR ATCS. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY & I WILL NOT SEND YOUR ATCS OUT UNTIL I HAVE GOTTEN THE EXTRA POSTAGE FROM YOU.

All international participants will need to send either US $1 or US stamps for return postage. I have set up a Pay Pal account also.

ALL INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS NEED TO SEND A SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE OR LABEL TO GET THEIR RETURNS IN.
Please label all your envelopes with your user name & swap name.
Place each ATC in a plastic sleeve.
An extra ATC on the subject would be greatly appreciated but is not mandatory. Please feel free to post your ATCs to the thread.
If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a Private Message or ask in the thread.
Please Private Message when you are ready for my address.
Most international mail will take anywhere from one to two weeks to arrive in WA. Please plan accordingly.
On that same note; most mail here in the US can take anywhere from two days up to 10 days so please don't wait until the last minute to send your ATCS.

Players, when you have received your return ATCs for the swap; please remember to leave I-Trader for the host & You Rock points for your fellow artists that you received cards from. I will have all players linked to their first post so that leaving You Rock points will be a breeze. I will leave I-Trader points for you as soon as I receive (on time) your swaps. Once again, please Private Message me with any questions you may have.

Welcome to:
1- iamwhatonearth- arrived
2- Dee
3- spineofafish
4- blueskyhare- arrived
5- sillylily41- arrived
6- londonont1- arrived
7- jo.on.the.go- arrived
8- ann_stebbing- arrived
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.06.53 PM.jpg (46.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 27379.jpg (28.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8694.jpg (59.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by sheala.draws; 09-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:32 PM
The Dude abides

pancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoastpancake machine is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 273/100%
This is a fun idea. Lurking for now.
it doesn't exist.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:55 AM
ATC Novice

LeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to allLeeBeth is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 49/100%
I admire him greatly. I'll lurk a bit - time management!
Old 07-21-2017, 11:41 AM
I've moved! Check for the correct address, Please.

Betsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant futureBetsyg has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 135/100%
Lurking! Great idea!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:48 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 276/100%
Oh, that theme is great, I just saw a movie on him! I'll have to lurk though because that deadline is kinda fast and I might not be able to make it. Any chance you could extend it? I'll sign up if you move it to late September.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Comic Book Hero

sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)sheala.draws is an ATC god(ess)
I probably can move it, I need to check the time rules. I forget what they are!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Comic Book Hero

Ok Iamwhatonearth- I have moved the swap to the 30th of September. Now to find a moderator to tidy the title!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:30 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 276/100%
Ok! Sign me up.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Comic Book Hero

Welcome Iamwhatonearth! I hope some of the lurkers will join us, now that we've pushed the date to Sept. 30th!
@@hi Betsy, pancake machine and Leebeth!!@@

Last edited by sheala.draws; 07-21-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:06 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 171/100%
Lurking
Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Comic Book Hero

good to see you Blue Sky!
Old 07-25-2017, 01:59 AM
cat prop

My Mood:
Dee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to allDee is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 127/100%
I am in for this swap, please! I love this artist's work, finding it very peaceful.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Comic Book Hero

Hello Dee!
Old 07-25-2017, 01:33 PM
always creating

Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)Monica is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 242/100%
Lurking.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Comic Book Hero

Hello Monica!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:43 PM
spineofafish

My Mood:
spineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobahspineofafish is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 183/100%
I'm glad you changed the deadline. I would like to join your swap. I love Hokusai.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:44 PM
Comic Book Hero

Hello spineofafish! welcome!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Comic Book Hero

It's interesting distilling Hokusai into a style for my way of working. I've done flat and bright colors. With thin line work and pattern for a few. This is the first. Tiny Wave in a Stream.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8694.jpg (59.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them allBluSkyHare is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 238/100%
I would love to join. The Big Wave is my Google home page wallpaper!
Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Comic Book Hero

Glad to have you aboard Blueskyhare!

Tags
any media, atcs, hokusai, summer