ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 07-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 72/100%
Arrow 🐼 Buddy Card Trading 🐼

�� Buddy Cards - 2 player cards, 2 artists ��

✉ The perfect place for artists who like to collaborate on art. ✉

★ HOW TO TRADE... Please Read ★
  1. Player 1: starts the trade by making 2 cards that are identical (as close as you can get them to be).
  2. Player 1 posts these cards to this thread. Please include details when posting such as (not required but helpful):
    ■ Medium you prefer the cards to be completed in
    ■ Medium that you used to make your starter cards
    ■ Possible themes or subjects (can be "artist's choice")
    ■ Name of the set (just to prevent confusion)
  3. Details to include on the back of both cards (by Player 1):
    ■ AFA (or ATCsForAll.com)
    ■ Buddy Cards (so that we know where they came from)
    Medium type: MM (mixed media); HD (hand drawn); HP (hand Painted); HD/HP (both hand drawn and hand painted)
    ■ Your username and return address (address can be included separately but is encouraged to be included on the card)
    For your address: if you think you are moving or for any other reasons you can choose to add an email address instead. If an email address is included you SHOULD be emailing or contacting Player 1 on here (AFA) for address information.
  4. When Player 2 in the thread "declares" that they want to work on the cards it is considered a "trade." Set up this trade by exchanging addresses via PM along with other details like materials, mediums, themes, etc.
  5. Please do not mail anything unless both parties have agreed to the trade. These are individual trades only - there is no commitment for future trades.
  6. Player 2: is responsible for completing (finishing) both cards by following the details agreed upon by both players. This means that the medium, theme, topics, techniques, and such that were agreed upon should be reflected on the cards.
    ■ Please be careful about the "do nots" of the trades... if players have listed topics/themes/mediums that they do not want then please do not include those.
    ■ You MUST communicate with your partner in advance if you plan to use: religious, political, gore, sexual, violence, or other adult (heavily censored) topics. This is a requirement for playing in this thread!
  7. Player 2 should include their important details on the back of BOTH cards. Details include (required details are bolded): AFA Username, address/email, website/blog, location, date, signature, etc.
    Player 2 keeps one card and sends the second one to Player 1. Please share both cards in advance with your partner then both should determine who gets which card.
    Both players should give iTraders to each other when the trade is completed!

One fully completed trade shall be outlined/explained with images on the second post of this thread for you to look at. The second post also includes our official players.

⌘ ALL CARDS ⌘

✔ ATCs need to be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (64mm x 89mm)
Other sizes are welcome too. Please make sure you include the actual size when posting the set(s) clearly in the thread.
✔ All cards must be placed inside a clear penny sleeve or in a small zip lock bag to protect them from harm.
✔ Please include the thread name and set name on the cards to prevent confusion. Example: "AFA Buddy Cards - MM Sketchbook Set"
No loose glitter is allowed since it can get messy for other players. You may use a glitter paint such as Stickles, which will not shed glitter or other glittery mediums (glitter pens).
✉ An excellent way to mail sets is in a single row cut from a 9 pocket page. It not only keeps all the cards neat and together, it fits perfectly and stays flat in a legal size envelope.

♚ Hand Drawn / Hand Painted Group ♚
■ All cards for this group should be both STARTED and FINISHED in only drawn or painted mediums. Some mediums include but are not limited to: pencils, pens, markers, inks, paints, graphites, charcoals, etc.
■ You can include "additions" to these cards but they must also be HD/HP on another piece of paper then cut and glued to the cards.
❣ ONLY hand drawn or hand painted (or a combo of both) is allowed for this group, meaning no collage or gluing of pre-printed materials... and absolutely NO STAMPING.
■ "Painted Technique Backgrounds" are not allowed in the HD/HP group. A "paint technique background" is a random background created on a larger paper and then cut into smaller pieces (cards). It does not include a painted background that represents something like a sunset, sky, land, mountains or water.

♚ Mixed Media/Collage Group ♚
■ When both STARTING and FINISHING a mixed media/collage buddy card set you need to do more than "slap a piece of paper on a background". Please make interesting starters as it will be easier to find a second player to complete your cards.
■ And you should make it interesting, as well, when finishing the cards (Player 2) as it will make it easier for you to be accepted as Player 2 for future trades...or even for your own starter cards to be accepted. Please do not just place a sticker on a lovely mixed media background as you probably will have trouble getting Player 1 to do future sets with you (or even others in the thread).
■ Please do your best work! Just remember: would you be proud to autograph said cards if a fan had a copy? Would you be proud to display the cards in public or even your living room?

* Questions/Concerns *
Feel to PM (direct message) ParadoxSketchbook or ask in the thread and we'll help you out!

ARCHIVE
Thread 1: ~~ Buddy Card Trading ~~

✪ Jams/Round Robins are not a part of this thread. Jams are when player 1 starts only one card it is passed to two or three other people to work on. Then mailed back to the first person who makes good quality copies for each person who worked on their card. Round Robins are where there are 3 cards and 3 artists.
You can find those here:
Mixed Media - Continuous Round Robin
HD/HP - Random Round Robin

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 08-14-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: making minor changes as needed
Old 07-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
ParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to allParadoxSketchbook is a name known to all
༺ AVAILABLE CARDS ༻
*Click the Name to see the set & Details*

Clock Stamp Set (first one)
MM Both Sets: both are open themes
MM Both sets: In/on/under/by the Sea; Zetti Style

✉ RESOURCES ✉
~TBA~

☺ BUDDY CARD PLAYERS ☺

(1) You do not have to be on these lists to participate in this thread!
(2) People on these lists are very actively participating (continuous players).
(3) NOTE even if you are listed here, each Buddy Set needs to be set up as a trade agreed upon by both players either via PM or in the thread.

♚ Hand Drawn / Hand Painted Group ♚
ParadoxSketchbook LINK
Linda4atc LINK
CiCiCreates LINK
IamWhatonearth LINK
Marie LINK
Kimmie LINK
Evalila LINK
Miss M LINK
ChronicReader LINK
LucyMc LINK

♚ Mixed Media / Collage Group ♚
ParadoxSketchbook LINK
Allegrae LINK
CastleQueen5 LINK
KESagers LINK
EvaLila LINK
ChronicReader LINK
dithespy LINK
BluSkyHare LINK
LucyMc LINK
cinlan
Collagaint Ashley LINK

!!!UNCERTAIN LISTS!!!
*These players need to confirm if they still want to be included via PM or posting in the thread.

****PM sent to all players listed below on 07/28/2017. Going to wait till the end of August before removing the uncertain lists. Thank you!

♚ Hand Drawn / Hand Painted Only Group ♚
MACE
Artkeyologist
LucyMc
Stacy

♚ Mixed Media / Collage Only Group ♚
MACE
ArtsyOne
Foxglove
LucyMc

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 08-28-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
To start off this new thread and journey for all of us.. I actually made a set of buddy cards that I want to post.

Mailed to IamWhatonEarth
■ HD/HP only please
■ Completed as HD - used pencil to sketch the tree then finished it off with Statdler Fineliner (0.1) with the pencil lines erased. Done on cold-pressed watercolor paper (quite thick).
■ Theme/Subject: Artist's Choice
■ Myterious Tree Set

Just some things to think about when you work on this card....
~What have we here? Is that a sun in the back? Or perhaps a moon? Or for all we know even a panet?
~What kind of tree is this? Does it grow apples? Or something even totally different like cell phones, fishes, gifts, notebooks, cute puppies, etc. Perhaps this is a Christmas Tree out in the open?
~What kind of atmosphere is in the card? Is it winter time? Perhaps dead of summer? Or a totally different enviornment from Earth? Such as "it rains diamonds on Jupiter" (this is a fact guys, lol)

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 07-29-2017 at 11:00 PM. Reason: status change
Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1823/100%
Way to Go. It looks great. #2 under Buddy Card Players should read People instead of please.

I would love to be added to the hand drawn group please. And I'll go add the link to the old thread. Hugs

Last edited by Linda4atc; 07-28-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
Way to Go. It looks great. #2 under Buddy Card Players should read People instead of please.

I would love to be added to the hand drawn group please. And I'll go add the link to the old thread. Hugs
Fixed and added!

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 07-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:03 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 591/100%
Thanks for including me on the hand-drawn list - I do still plan to play as often as possible!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by CiCiCreates View Post
Thanks for including me on the hand-drawn list - I do still plan to play as often as possible!
Does this mean you still want to be included on the HD list Cici?

Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 07-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:06 PM
ATC Guru

CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!CiCiCreates is beyond words!
Yes please
Old 07-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Yes please
Added!!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:25 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 281/100%
Paradox, I'll take your trees if you're ok with me taking 3-4 weeks. I'm going on vacation for two weeks so won't be making anything too soon.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by IamWhatonearth View Post
Paradox, I'll take your trees if you're ok with me taking 3-4 weeks. I'm going on vacation for two weeks so won't be making anything too soon.
Of course you may!
Just PM me your address and I'll mail them off tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
General question to see the type of cards that we all can make. If you answer these questions it'll help everyone determine what kind of starter cards we can all work on...
I plan to use these answers to make some sets in the next few weeks so make sure you get your answers in.

1. Which Medium Group do you prefer? HD/HP/MM
  2. What kind of theme/subject are you interested in? Can be broad or narrowed
  3. Do you prefer certain colors?
  4. Are you okay with working on cards that require you to "fill in" blank subjects? EXAMPLE: empty notebook/sketchbook, a building that you would determine the oclors and purpose of, an empty cabinet, etc
Old 07-28-2017, 05:38 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 281/100%
Oh, also put me in the hd/hp group. Lol
Old 07-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by IamWhatonearth View Post
Oh, also put me in the hd/hp group. Lol
Added you!
Old 07-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Marie

My Mood:
Marie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them allMarie is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 208/100%
I'd like to continue in the HD/HP group please.
1. HD/HP
2. Lighter themes / broad
3. No color preference
4. Love 'fill-in' cards, as long as I can choose WHAT to insert
Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM
ATC Guru

Ditto Marie on all her answers!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Reji Randhawa

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
I'd like to continue in the HD/HP group please.
1. HD/HP
2. Lighter themes / broad
3. No color preference
4. Love 'fill-in' cards, as long as I can choose WHAT to insert
Added you to HD/HP as requested. And thank you for the answers.

Ditto Marie on all her answers!
And noted!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!

My Mood:
xstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with allxstitcher has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2035/100%
Originally Posted by ParadoxSketchbook View Post
✪ Jams/Round Robins are not a part of this thread. Jams are when player 1 starts only one card it is passed to two or three other people to work on. Then mailed back to the first person who makes good quality copies for each person who worked on their card.
You can find those here:
Mixed Media - Continuous Round Robin
HD/HP - Round Robin
Both of these threads are not JAMS............they are Round Robins, 3 cards, 3 people!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:58 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1823/100%
Originally Posted by xstitcher View Post
Both of these threads are not JAMS............they are Round Robins, 3 cards, 3 people!
Oops you are correct, I missed that when I looked it over for Paradox. you might change it to say....

✪ Jams and Round Robins are not a part of this thread. Round Robins are similar to Buddy Cards but there are three artists and three cards made in the set.

You can find those here:
➳ Mixed Media - Continuous Round Robin
➳ HD/HP - Round Robin

Jams are when player 1 starts only one card it is passed to two or three other people to work on. Then mailed back to the first person who makes good quality copies for each person who worked on their card.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Comic Book Hero

My Mood:
ferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allferretgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 2371/100%
Checking in to the thread...

Tags
atcs, buddy cards, collaboration, collaborative, sets